SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts
Old 02-19-2014, 09:56 AM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteOwlNY
I have the Screaming Eagles Street Canons... They have a nice low rumble and I've had no issues hearing my music or even chatting on the phone at 75...

Old 02-19-2014, 02:16 PM
WildX
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just installed the Screaming Eagle Street Cannons. The sound is great when you crack the throttle and at idle, but not to loud when crusing

Old 02-19-2014, 09:47 PM
skybox ed
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i decided to go with the 4" RC Exhaust with the eclipse tips with stock headers. I had the 4 " rineharts true duals on my '03 ultra 95 cu in and they sounded good. these blow them away IMO. it might be to loud if I replace the cat headers, but it's a chance i'll take. Spend some time on youtube listening to clips. cycle performance videos helped me make my decision. check out the CFR's if you want the db's. I have no problem hearing my radio with the rc's

Old 02-19-2014, 10:21 PM
raddison
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out the CFR (Cary Faas Racing) pipes. They have a really deep sound and don't seem to have the cherp that plagues the Rinehart exhaust.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:34 PM
SC48ster
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did the CFRs on my new Ultra. I had MGS on my RK. The CFRs are a bit louder and really have a nice deep tone. I am going to keep my stock header, power band on the 2014 is perfect for me, but like folks have said, the exhaust thing is pretty subjective.
I use my helmet headset so hearing not an issue.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Rockgeezer
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For my 2014 Limited, I chose the V&H Power Duals and Monster Ovals. As others have said, this is such a subjective thing but in my case, I came from a Softail Deluxe with V&H Big Shots Long and after a few hours, ear fatigue set in and I usually reached for the ear plugs. The setup I have now is, to me, smack dab in the middle of the stock pipe volume and those Big Shots. They have a much lower rumble and more volume than stock but don't drone and wear my ears out as much.

Along with the SE AC and Super Tuner, it is exactly what I wanted to end up with. Loud enough to feel and hear and put a smile on my face but controlled enough to hear some tunes and cruise long trips without ear fatigue.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the 4" Rineharts with Power Duals as well and love the sound and the added performance with the full stage one kit! I pulled into a strip mall the other day and a guy working on the roof walked over to the edge and said "man those Rineharts sound good". He couldn't see the exhaust from where he was but knew the sound or the Rineharts! Love their distinctive sound.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:03 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Webo
I have the 4" Rineharts with Power Duals as well and love the sound and the added performance with the full stage one kit! I pulled into a strip mall the other day and a guy working on the roof walked over to the edge and said "man those Rineharts sound good". He couldn't see the exhaust from where he was but knew the sound or the Rineharts! Love their distinctive sound.
I have the 4" Rinehart slip ons with the stock head pipe. Sounds great to me. Nice deep sound but not obnoxious. I was thinking of getting a Fuelmoto 2-1-2 head pipe but I'm afraid it might be too loud.

Last edited by offthewall; 02-20-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:43 AM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by offthewall
I have the 4" Rinehart slip ons with the stock head pipe. Sounds great to me. Nice deep sound but not obnoxious. I was thinking of getting a Fuelmoto 2-1-2 head pipe but I'm afraid it might be too loud.
I installed the FM 2-1-2 a few months ago. I have a set of CFRs mated to them. It sounds awesome. Deep rumble but not that overtly "tin-ey" loudness. I also have a set of FM 4" pro touring mufflers and to me they're a little bit louder, but a different sound. I haven't heard a set of the Rienharts with the FM head pipe yet but I'd assume it wouldn't be that much louder than what you have now. Now if your went with true duals you'd expect more of and increase.

Quick Reply: 14 Ultra Limited Exhaust consideration and thoughts