CVO Limited dash insert.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 10:47 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by 14FLHX
Here it is.....easy install.
Looks great! love seeing the chrome gauge bezels with the CVO dash trim. I may do that myself down the road. I have read that it's a bit tricky installing the gauge bezels, you don't have a guide as intended with the CVO panel. It would be easy to get the trim angle out of perfect alignment. As I said, yours looks perfect!!!!!

Old 04-16-2014, 12:20 PM
DAKSY
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigboyride
The part number is 61400122. I'm thinking of doing the same. If you get it post a pic for us to see.
I like it, but I can't find that part number listed in the 14 parts catalogs...

Old 04-16-2014, 12:54 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by scottt
I installed the CVO dash and tank trim some time ago on my 2014 Limited. The dash trim part number is 61400122. List price is $60.90. The tank trim takes two parts and really ties in the CVO dash. First you replace the plastic tank panel that comes stock on the Limited with a nice metal chrome part. the matching CVO turned alum. panel fits into the new chrome tank panel. The part numbers are 7715308 for the chrome tank panel. it cost $100.49 and 14100385 for the CVO turned alum. trim panel, $17.76.

Unless you are very lucky; expect to wait at least two weeks or longer to receive these parts. Harley does not keep these CVO parts in stock like most items; I think Harley intended to have a small amount manufactured for the CVO's. The good news is that they are not restricted and you will get them.

From my personnel experience; be real carful installing the dash panel. I actually destroyed the first dash panel I purchased after I installed it wrong. I started attaching on the far right and moved left; when completed I had a less than perfect fit on the left side. I destroyed it when I removed my mistake. The second time around I wimped out (I feel the shame), my dealer offered to install for me along with the tank panel for very little so I let them do it. It came out perfect. I mention this to give caution. Best of luck, the end result is worth the investment.
That looks awesome. I may do that the next time I've got a few hundred burning a hole in my pocket.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn! I wasted $10k to get that look.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:45 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DAKSY
I like it, but I can't find that part number listed in the 14 parts catalogs...
These parts are not in the 14 parts catalog. I had a parts guy research and find them for me. Use those part numbers and you will get what I showed. Just be patient. They will need to order and it takes weeks to receive.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:46 PM
DAKSY
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

These parts are not in the 14 parts catalog. I had a parts guy research and find them for me. Use those part numbers and you will get what I showed. Just be patient. They will need to order and it takes weeks to receive.
OK. Mine's in for the 1K service. I can talk to the parts guy when I go in to pick it up. Thanks...

Old 04-16-2014, 07:56 PM
14FLHX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr D
Looks great,, Did you add the "new" chrome gauge bezels?

Do you have P/N for tank console insert?
Yes I bought the chrome bezels that come with the flat black insert. That insert has notches in it as do the chrome bezels for easy alignment. I took a Dremel and
removed the tabs on the back of the bezels and took my time to align the chrome bezels on the CVO insert. A trick was to use a thin piece of tape to get the perfect fit then remove adhesive paper backing and line up tape on the bezel and chrome bezels.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:07 PM
14FLHX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! love seeing the chrome gauge bezels with the CVO dash trim. I may do that myself down the road. I have read that it's a bit tricky installing the gauge bezels, you don't have a guide as intended with the CVO panel. It would be easy to get the trim angle out of perfect alignment. As I said, yours looks perfect!!!!!
Here's a trick, first use a Dremel and remove (sand) off the tabs on the back of the chrome gauge bezels. Then, place each bezel on the CVO dash panel and rotate (with adhesive paper backing still on bezel) bezel until it sits perfectly on the panel. Use a thin piece of tape to mark bezel and panel position. Next, remove paper backing off bezel and simply align each strip of tape to get your perfect alignment.

Hope that helps!

Old 04-16-2014, 09:10 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Thumbs up

Here's a trick, first use a Dremel and remove (sand) off the tabs on the back of the chrome gauge bezels. Then, place each bezel on the CVO dash panel and rotate (with adhesive paper backing still on bezel) bezel until it sits perfectly on the panel. Use a thin piece of tape to mark bezel and panel position. Next, remove paper backing off bezel and simply align each strip of tape to get your perfect alignment.

Hope that helps!
Great suggestion! we actually have some pretty smart guys on this forum!

Thanks
Scott

Old 04-17-2014, 10:58 AM
harleymike77
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hope that helps!
I appreciate that, as I have purchased the CVO dash insert and the trim rings. Just waiting to pick the bike up next week. Thanks for the advice! It's appreciated!

And, thanks to scottt to, as I just ordered the tank insert (two pieces) earlier this week. I was told 2-3 weeks for delivery. The dash insert was almost 4 weeks.....

Quick Reply: CVO Limited dash insert.