Sponsored by:

4.3 Boom 1.17.1.4 'Bugs'

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014 | 11:01 AM
AlanStansbery
|
Road Warrior
Default 4.3 Boom 1.17.1.4 'Bugs'

I am not sure of how much overlap there is between the 4.3 and 6.5 systems outside the differences discussed elsewhere in this forum. So I've titled this: "4.3…" Much might apply to the 6.5 system as well…

When streaming music from my iPod connected to the 4.3 system via the USB connector, every few minutes (10 or 15) there's a long 'pause' in the music (2 or 3 seconds) when the music stops, before it resumes again. This was the case with the 1.17.1.2 firmware, and is still the case with the 1.17.1.4 firmware. I have a third generation iPod.

Every once in a while, after I turn the ignition on, there's a long space (sometimes several minutes) when the system screen is blank (the radio might be playing, or might not during this time). Eventually, the normal window appears (the Accept warning). This is unpredictable, but appears to be most likely when I come out from work in the afternoons. This was true of both version of firmware cited…though it might have been a little more frequent with the older version.

As discussed in another thread, the radio changes state when the ignition is turned off, i.e., goes to 'off' when it was 'on', or vice versa for the next time the ignition is switched on. I *believe* this is better in the 1.17.1.4 update. It sure doesn't happen as often. Though I think the radio has turned itself 'off' once or twice in maybe 50-100 ignition cycles. (I don't think it's turned itself 'on' during power-up when it was 'off' during shutdown, since the update).

Anyone see these problems with their 4.3 (or 6.5 system)? Do you see other flakiness with the 1.17.1.4 firmware?

Alan

Last edited by AlanStansbery; 02-17-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-17-2014 | 02:46 PM
harleyjth
Tourer

I gotta tell you, so far mine has operated almost flawlessly. I may have an occasional pause in the music, not really sure. Seems like it has happened but it may have been while streaming Pandora. Can't remember. The only thing that I would complain about is the boot-up time required to get to the silly "Accept" screen. Seems like that takes too long.
jt

Old 02-17-2014 | 05:10 PM
Webo
Road Warrior

My brother complains about the music pause all the time with his CVO limited with 6.5 radio. He says it distracting more than anything because when it happens he always looks down at the radio. This weekend it did it to my twice while riding 5 hours.

Old 02-17-2014 | 08:33 PM
jstrenn
Tourer

Originally Posted by AlanStansbery
I am not sure of how much overlap there is between the 4.3 and 6.5 systems outside the differences discussed elsewhere in this forum. So I've titled this: "4.3…" Much might apply to the 6.5 system as well…

When streaming music from my iPod connected to the 4.3 system via the USB connector, every few minutes (10 or 15) there's a long 'pause' in the music (2 or 3 seconds) when the music stops, before it resumes again. This was the case with the 1.17.1.2 firmware, and is still the case with the 1.17.1.4 firmware. I have a third generation iPod.

Every once in a while, after I turn the ignition on, there's a long space (sometimes several minutes) when the system screen is blank (the radio might be playing, or might not during this time). Eventually, the normal window appears (the Accept warning). This is unpredictable, but appears to be most likely when I come out from work in the afternoons. This was true of both version of firmware cited…though it might have been a little more frequent with the older version.

As discussed in another thread, the radio changes state when the ignition is turned off, i.e., goes to 'off' when it was 'on', or vice versa for the next time the ignition is switched on. I *believe* this is better in the 1.17.1.4 update. It sure doesn't happen as often. Though I think the radio has turned itself 'off' once or twice in maybe 50-100 ignition cycles. (I don't think it's turned itself 'on' during power-up when it was 'off' during shutdown, since the update).

Anyone see these problems with their 4.3 (or 6.5 system)? Do you see other flakiness with the 1.17.1.4 firmware?

Alan
I have had the same problem with the dark screen after start up on the 6.5 system. What I have found is with the brightness set on automatic it takes about a minute for it to adjust to the light conditions. I would guess you ride to work in the dark (like I do) and leave in bright sunlight in the afternoon. I will bet you your brightness setting is on automatic. I've just learned to live with it, or you can change your brightness to manual to test my theory....

Old 02-20-2014 | 04:57 AM
HDReiter
Cruiser

Why is there an Accept screen? Oh, maybe I should go read it.

Old 02-22-2014 | 11:40 PM
harleyjth
Tourer

Well, I got a chance to ride a little over 200 miles today and I found that the CB no longer mutes on mine either when I hit the PTT. It worked fine before I installed the update. And I don't hear myself through the headphones like I used to either. Someone else mentioned turning the intercom on with VOX as a workaround. That seems to work for now.

Since the update, it does seem to me that the AVC seems to work better now. Not as well as previous bikes, but better than before. Also, it seems like the unit boots up quicker than before. It seems like it doesn't take nearly as long to get to the accept screen when starting the bike. Pretty typical for software. Fix several things and screw up a some others functions in the process. No different than with cars.
jt

Old 02-23-2014 | 08:53 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member

Harleyjth - I just got my bike back from the dealership - did the bottle neck recall and also upgraded the radio software.

I don't understand what you are referring to when you said the CB no longer mutes when you press the PTT switch. If the CB is on..and you press the PTT switch - then aren't you transmitting? Why would this mute the CB?

Old 02-23-2014 | 10:45 AM
bingram1
Tourer

Originally Posted by HDReiter
Why is there an Accept screen? Oh, maybe I should go read it.
I'm guessing two things. First it takes the liability off the MOCO. Second it might have something to do with the Nav. Every time I turn my Garmin on I have an "agree" screen. And before anybody says it, yes I know this is not a Garmin based system.

Old 02-23-2014 | 10:51 AM
rmc115
Road Master

Originally Posted by cycle7447
Harleyjth - I just got my bike back from the dealership - did the bottle neck recall and also upgraded the radio software.

I don't understand what you are referring to when you said the CB no longer mutes when you press the PTT switch. If the CB is on..and you press the PTT switch - then aren't you transmitting? Why would this mute the CB?
muting your radio while you transmit so you can here and muting your radio when you receive. Mike

Old 02-23-2014 | 12:05 PM
harleyjth
Tourer

Originally Posted by cycle7447

When keying the PTT or receiving CB, the radio should mute. You should also hear yourself through the headset, at least always have before. In the past if you were talking into the mic and not hearing yourself thru the headset, you had a problem and were not transmitting.
jt

Quick Reply: 4.3 Boom 1.17.1.4 'Bugs'