Sponsored by:

Boom Box GPS - Cancel Route

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 09:16 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,955 Likes on 1,193 Posts
Default Boom Box GPS - Cancel Route

I have read several post here - and it appears that some of us are having difficulty in cancelling the GPS route.

I believe one of the most effective ways to do this - is press the voice activation button - it will say - say a command...then simply say -"Cancel Route"

There is a lot of discussion about this new system. I got my bike in September and tried almost all of the functions. While there are some little problems (AVC and radio freeze for example), I believe this is one of the best systems on the market.

On my last bike, had the Garmin 665 - and while that was a nice unit, the integration of the Box 6.5 hands down beat the Garmin system. Sure - a fe more things could have been improved - like more waypoints etc.. but the features are nice.

Before I head out for a long trip, I go to the Harley ride planer site, plan my trip - put that on a flash drive and upload my route to my bike. Plus, as I ride, I have all of my additional music on a drive - an I can listen for days.

Overall, I love the new system.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:50 AM
thirstybob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with you, I love this system too but, for those of us that do not have the ability of push to talk, what's the easiest way to cancel a route?

Old 02-16-2014, 10:16 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member

thirstybob - there is a difference between the push to talk switch and the voice activation/recognition switch. PTT is for the intercom and CB radio - voice activation is located on the left handlebars. Look at the left turn signal and move your finger just to the right side of that - press to the right - and it should say - "Say A Command"

What bike and radio do you have? If the SGS -I believe the 6.5 is standard on that - so yours should be just like mine.

Last edited by cycle7447; 02-16-2014 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:15 AM
.357 Magnum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I absolutely cannot BELIEVE the quantity and frequency of posts on the subject of canceling route guidance. It took me all of like two seconds to find the menu option without using voice recognition: "oh, gosh, there's a button on the map screen that looks like it contains a menu of some ki-- oh, neat, that's where you stop the route." Maybe Harley could make it a prerequisite: before you can buy a '14, you have to prove a minimum IQ by canceling the route WITHOUT having a headset with mic, in 60 seconds or less, the first time?

Old 02-16-2014, 11:27 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member

.357magnum - thanks so much for your comments. While I completely agree the information is available elsewhere -sometimes folks come here just to post of get others opinions.

Frankly, I enjoy these boards and like to read the questions and responses.

The following users liked this post:
smithk (04-09-2016)
Old 02-16-2014, 01:26 PM
TimLScheffer
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Pic's of how to "Cancel Route Guidance

To "Cancel Route Guidance" On the screen of the map there is an Icon with lines and dots at the lower right hand corner (pic 3) There is NO explanation of this Icon in the Boom Box Manual? WTF?... Use the toggle switch (pic 2) on the right handle bar as a mouse to toggle the highlight bar (orange circle) to the Icon with the lines an dots (pic 3)... Pushing the toggle switch in is like clicking a mouse, and operates whatever button is highlighted... So sometimes when you are tryin to "toggle" you inadvertently push in the toggle button" or "click" which activates whatever button was highlighted... further driving you mad.. So anyhow click on the "Dot Line" icon pictured below (pic 3).. On the next screen toggle to the "Stop" bar (pic 4), then push in/click the toggleswitch/mouse to activate the "Stop" button which will cancel the Route Navigation... It is hard for some folks because they did not grow up with Windows... so highlighting, clicking, & icons are foreign words... I have said it before but, they put an "end" button on most of the screens but not on the Map Screen... It would have been easy for them to throw a stop route guidance button/icon on the Map Screen... But they made us have to jump through a couple of hoops/screens to cancel those annoying voices... To cancel using the head set you click the voice command button; which is the right side of the left blinker button, and say "Cancel Route Guidance" But you have to have a mic or headset to speak to the bike as there is not a mic built into the dash like there is in cars... To use the phone you have to have a headset mic also... You can change the settings to make the phone audio come over the bike speakers or the headset... If you call someone without a headset mic... You can hear them talk but you can not speak to them... 357, We get it... you are a genious... as we are all retards... But somehow us retards came up with 30k to plunk down on a Harley... Jeeezzzzz!

Attached Thumbnails Boom Box GPS - Cancel Route-1-nav-pics-4-.jpg   Boom Box GPS - Cancel Route-1-nav-pics-3-.jpg   Boom Box GPS - Cancel Route-1-nav-pics-5-.jpg   Boom Box GPS - Cancel Route-1-nav-pics-1-.jpg  

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 02-16-2014 at 09:52 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by TimLScheffer:
kcblaze (08-11-2016), nocarb (04-09-2016), ocezam (09-23-2016)
Old 02-16-2014, 04:45 PM
thirstybob
Tourer

Originally Posted by .357 Magnum
I absolutely cannot BELIEVE the quantity and frequency of posts on the subject of canceling route guidance. It took me all of like two seconds to find the menu option without using voice recognition: "oh, gosh, there's a button on the map screen that looks like it contains a menu of some ki-- oh, neat, that's where you stop the route." Maybe Harley could make it a prerequisite: before you can buy a '14, you have to prove a minimum IQ by canceling the route WITHOUT having a headset with mic, in 60 seconds or less, the first time?
Your rude and condecending comments provide no real benefit to others, however they may be a reflection of your character but I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.

The following 3 users liked this post by thirstybob:
BruceI (03-17-2016), EdsRoadGlide2017 (08-26-2017), kcblaze (08-11-2016)
Old 02-16-2014, 04:49 PM
thirstybob
Tourer

Originally Posted by TimLScheffer
To "Cancel Route Guidance" On the screen of the map there is an Icon with lines and dots at the lower right hand corner (pic 3) There is NO explanation of this Icon in the Boom Box Manual? WTF?... Use the toggle switch (pic 2) on the right handle bar as a mouse to toggle the highlight bar (orange circle) to the Icon with the lines an dots (pic 3)... Pushing the toggle switch in is like clicking a mouse, and operates whatever button is highlighted... So sometimes when you are tryin to "toggle" you inadvertently push in the toggle button" or "click" which activates whatever button was highlighted... further driving you mad.. So anyhow clock on the "Dot Line" icon pictured below (pic 3).. On the next screen toggle to the "Stop" bar, then push in/click the toggleswitch/mouse to activate the "Stop" button which will cancel the Route Navigation... It is hard for some folks because they did not grow up with Windows... so highlighting, clicking, & icons are foreign words... I have said it before but, they put an "end" button on most of the screens but not on the Map Screen... It would have been easy for them to throw a stop route guidance button/icon on the Map Screen... But they made us have to jump through a couple of hoops/screens to cancel those annoying voices... To cancel using the head set you click the voice command button; which is the right side of the left blinker button, and say "Cancel Route Guidance" But you have to have a mic or headset to speak to the bike as there is not a mic built into the dash like there is in cars... To use the phone you have to have a headset mic also... You can change the settings to make the phone audio come over the bike speakers or the headset... If you call someone without a headset mic... You can hear them talk but you can not speak to them... 357, We get it... you are a genious... as we are all retards... But somehow us retards came up with 30k to plunk down on a Harley... Jeeezzzzz!
Thank you!

Old 02-16-2014, 04:51 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member

thirstybob - do you see the switch I was talking about ..or, do you not use a headset and that's why you need the alternate way?

Old 02-16-2014, 05:04 PM
thirstybob
Tourer

Originally Posted by cycle7447
thirstybob - do you see the switch I was talking about ..or, do you not use a headset and that's why you need the alternate way?
cycle, I have the switch but do not have the headset. I did stumble upon the "STOP" function as mentioned in Tim's post while riding today.
Thanks for your help and ride safe.

Quick Reply: Boom Box GPS - Cancel Route