2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing 2" Pullback Bars FLHTK (Pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 03:32 PM
thealaskan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looked so painful it talked me out of any fairing bike.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:34 AM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Riding position

So without a doubt these bars bring the grips 2 inches closer to rider?
And the grips are same angle or different?
Any height diffferance from stock.
Reading through this is confusing to exactly what the change is from stock.
I would like 2 back and 2 up but want to keep all stock lines/wires.
Anybody gots the story.
This is on a 2014 triglide.
Hap

Old 06-30-2014, 06:05 AM
hapbob
Road Master
Default Up Dates?

Hello
Looking for updates to how they feel when installed? And A couple people were waiting to replace theirs for various reasons. I need the 2" back for sure and want to make sure these are going to do that? I'm installing on Triglide where the handle Bar clearance of Tank is probably more important.
Good thread on install...You make it look easy!
But trying to insure the #56176-08 are enough to bring closer...
Hap

Old 06-30-2014, 09:48 AM
Merri1
Cruiser

hapbob,
I just replaced mine last week. It was a easy job. Just follow the pics. I have the service manual too. As I scrolled through this post before I started, I jotted down the steps to do. That made it easier for me to follow along.
The bars feel alot better than the stock bars. They look stock but don't feel stock. I didn't have to replace anything (other than the handlebars). I took my time and it took maybe 2 to 2.5 hrs. As I took off parts and laid them out in the order I took them off, I used disposable cups and put the nuts and bolts next to the parts. It made it simple to put everything back together.
This weekend I went to Maine, almost 500 miles of both highway and twisties. I'm happy with how they felt. BTW, I also have the 2014 Tri-Glide.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:05 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Is there a change in wrist angle with these?

Old 06-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Merri1
Cruiser

There may be a slight angle change. I didn't notice any negative effects after I changed them. If it changed the angle, it was for the better because they felt so much more comfortable.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:52 PM
hapbob
Road Master
Default Hey

Hey merri
Thanks for update..
But can you explain exactly how they feel better?
Are they closer to you or is the angle of grips or just what is the change from stock.
I'm worried they won't be enough of a change from stock.
Want closer and higher
So trying to determine what is the change with these?
Thanks for your thoughts
Hap

Old 06-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Merri1
Cruiser

They are closer and more comfortable than the stock bars. Like I previously stated, I don't know if the angle changed or not.
I went with these bars because everything I read said that you did not need to change any wires or cables. I didn't want to get into the expense of changing stuff that didn't need replacing.
I'm 5'7" and these bars fit me fine. I was worried too about maybe needing more than these pullbacks would give me but for $150 bucks I went for it and I'm happy with these. If you think these might be OK, go for it and if you don't like them, sell them and get something with more pullback or more height.
I hope this helps.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:48 PM
CaptainKirk
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Vancouverstreetglide
I'm wanting to leave my fairing mirrors as is but I'm also wanting an additional 2" of pullback but without additional height. However looking at the angle of the OEM bars and the limited adjustment between the tank and the fairing, I don't see how you could get any more pullback without a proportional increase in the height of the bars. The angle of the bars is pretty much set, so unless there was a bar set with curved uprights I don't think it's doable.
There are bars with that kind of curved upright. They are the Khrome Werks Sweepers. Most apes are straight or angled forward. These 'sweep' back. I'm not convinced the HD pullbacks will be enough for me. I'm 5'6" without my boots and apparently have shorter arms, too.... With the angle of the uprights on these, it seems like you can bring them back further without hitting the tank with anything. I'm told no cable changes are necessary. There's a thread about somewhere here but of course I can't find it at the moment......

Old 06-30-2014, 07:59 PM
KJBennett
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Merr1 Hi i want to do the same on my street glide it should be the same set up. But just would like to no more on how to do the wiring. was that hard to do? Did you have to reroute them?Did you put the wires in the bars? I think I can take it apart just a little nerves about some of the details. The harley dealers up here in vancouver canada want 5 to 6 hrs plus want to add cables what a joke. Thanks for any help. Kevin

Quick Reply: Installing 2" Pullback Bars FLHTK (Pics included)