2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing 2" Pullback Bars FLHTK (Pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 05:54 AM
FlyLow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking ride Old Mike, I put the lower fairing on my SG also and am much happier.

Attached Thumbnails Installing 2" Pullback Bars FLHTK (Pics included)-lower-farings.jpg  
Old 05-09-2016, 01:53 PM
Gilsflhtk
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated grips...

JT, thanks so much for the detailed pics and instructions. I'm hoping to order these handlebars today and planning to install. My dealer charges $120/hr, which is ridiculous.
What I don't understand is why the description in the HD manual says this part can't be used with accessory heated grips. Wondering if that means it's only a problem if you have an Ultra Classic and added heated grips as an accessory? You have the stock FLHTK heated grips and it was fine, right? I have a 2014 FLHTK. This is my only concern holding me back from ordering.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:43 PM
MasterMac
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Gilsflhtk, I have a '15 FLTHK and no issues with the heated grips. I did this (per the excellent instructions) and all worked out great.

Good luck,
Mac

The following users liked this post:
Gilsflhtk (05-09-2016)
Old 05-09-2016, 06:37 PM
PosseRider
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Much more to do than in earlier years. Glad I got mine included in purchase.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:04 PM
Gilsflhtk
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterMac
Gilsflhtk, I have a '15 FLTHK and no issues with the heated grips. I did this (per the excellent instructions) and all worked out great.

Good luck,
Mac
Thanks, Dennis. Good to know. Went to the local dealer today and the parts guy insisted you couldn't use this bar with heated grips!

Old 05-12-2016, 07:58 PM
rydeer
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OldMike
I switched from the Harley pullbacks to the 2+2 narrow sweepers too, it is an improvement, not day and night but worth it to me. A bit more slack in my arms to use the backrest.
Did You have to crack into the brake system or clutch? How about wire extentions?
I was at the dealer today and looked at the pullbacks. The parts book says wire extentions are needed. He said around $200.00 bars and wires. I haven't pulled the trigger on them yet. ( He also told Me it is Illegal to flash the Spots to stay on with the Highs)

Old 06-02-2016, 08:06 PM
NLeischen
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks JT great write up, very informative. 2 hours, wow! Chester's in Ft Laud wants 7 hours labor. I live in Wellington.

Did you have any problems with the heated grips? Wires long enough? Do they go inside the bars? Did you need to depin the ETC connector to route the throttle wires through the bars?

I am undecided between the H-D reach bars and the Krome Werks 2+2 Sweepers. Any advice there? I'm 6' tall but arms are a little short causing me to lean forward. Looking to bring the controls closer to me. I also have a 14 Daytona Blue Pearl Limited. I'm going to install bars and MotoLights when I get back from work travel in 4 weeks. I'm an H-D Tour Guide on Guided H-D Tours for Europeans. Flying to Vegas to start a Tour on Monday.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Nick (Wellington, FL)

Old 06-02-2016, 08:14 PM
NLeischen
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old Mike, can you still use the fairing mount mirrors with the 2+2 Sweepers or would I have to go back to handlebar mirrors?
Thanks,
Nick

Old 06-03-2016, 04:34 AM
JT_HD
Advanced
Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

No problems with wiring including heated grips. The etc harness has a small connector at the throttle end about 10" back from the bar end. See pictures for the little green plug.

As for bar choice, I can't help you there. Never ran the 2+2's. I've ran the pull back for several years across several bikes.

I've since then discovered ape hangers, and find them much more comfortable. I've been using 14" wild one chubbys that I had powder coated gloss black for the past 20,000 miles.

Installing 2" Pullback Bars FLHTK (Pics included)-photo935.jpg

Originally Posted by NLeischen
Thanks JT great write up, very informative. 2 hours, wow! Chester's in Ft Laud wants 7 hours labor. I live in Wellington.

Did you have any problems with the heated grips? Wires long enough? Do they go inside the bars? Did you need to depin the ETC connector to route the throttle wires through the bars?

I am undecided between the H-D reach bars and the Krome Werks 2+2 Sweepers. Any advice there? I'm 6' tall but arms are a little short causing me to lean forward. Looking to bring the controls closer to me. I also have a 14 Daytona Blue Pearl Limited. I'm going to install bars and MotoLights when I get back from work travel in 4 weeks. I'm an H-D Tour Guide on Guided H-D Tours for Europeans. Flying to Vegas to start a Tour on Monday.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Nick (Wellington, FL)

NLeischen (06-04-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 07:17 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,927 Likes on 1,260 Posts

Originally Posted by NLeischen
Old Mike, can you still use the fairing mount mirrors with the 2+2 Sweepers or would I have to go back to handlebar mirrors?
Thanks,
Nick
Hey Nick,
No mirror problems with the 2+2 narrow sweepers.
So far this season I no longer think about changing bars, just enjoy the ride.

NLeischen (06-04-2016)

Quick Reply: Installing 2" Pullback Bars FLHTK (Pics included)