2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing 2" Pullback Bars FLHTK (Pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 07:44 PM
MasterMac
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Installed the 2" Krome Works Sweepers

Ordered 59-00148 from Dennis Kirk for $90.99, no shipping charge (Khrome Werks Chrome 1 in. Narrow +2 Sweeper 1 in. Handlebar - 300518). Ordered on 5/26, received 5/29! Installed today (5/31). Followed the excellent instructions here and got 'er done. My biggest frustration was the last thing, where I had popped off the ignition switch (was trying to avoid that) and had a hard time getting it back on.

Anyway, now my riding position is perfect for me and what I was expecting all along (coming from a Vulcan 1600 Nomad with risers). Now I can actually lean back against my backrest and relax my grip somewhat.

Thanks for the detailed instructions with photos. As I'm new to HDs it really helped.

Regards -

Last edited by MasterMac; 05-31-2015 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Updated Part number
Old 05-31-2015, 09:05 PM
KylePutzier
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterMac
My biggest frustration was the last thing, where I had popped off the ignition switch (was trying to avoid that) and had a hard time getting it back on.
To avoid this frustration, I removed the ignition switch and the accessory switch panel and then immediately put the ignition switch back on. This kept everything aligned so that it went back on easily. Did the same thing to get the acc cover back on.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:39 PM
MasterMac
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Kyle, good tip.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:28 AM
FlyLow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This was the best thing I have done to my flhxs since Igot the bike...
I would never have changed my bars had it not been for this thread

Old 06-29-2015, 06:23 AM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I now agree

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...nstall-10.html

Detailed my install and comparison to bars I had and the stock bars.

I have decided I like the 300519. I thought I needed higher so I could pull back a bit more but these are a bit higher and really come back to rider so I am not reaching or leaning down to reach them.

Hap

Old 07-29-2015, 07:53 AM
nchogfan
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2+2 Wide Sweepers

I finished swapping my bars out for the Khrome Werks 2+2 Wide Sweepers two nights ago on my 2014 Limited. I followed all the instructions that everyone has given and I love these new bars. The grip angle is great and feels much more natural than the stock bars. I have found with the new grip angle that the radio controls, especially the joy sticks, are easier to reach and use. I was concerned that the 2+2 along with the wider grip width would be too much but at 5' 10" I sit up straight and have a very comfortable bend in my elbows. No more leaning forward to reach the bars and tilting my head back. It may be my imagination but it feels better going into curves now too.

I didn't need to remove the ignition switch to get the cover off but I found out the cover needed to come out to the left of the tank (clutch side) since the Limited comes with spot lights and the switch for them is in the left side of the ignition cover. Since these are the 2+2 Wide bars and required a little more length of the wiring and hoses, I had to reroute the wire for the heated grips and move the huge wiring harness around the clutch hose to give it a little room to move inside the fairing. I did NOT have to extend any wires or hoses. There was plenty of brake and clutch hose but the heated grip wiring was very tight, but it still reached.

I'm really glad I found this post and want to thank all of you who have contributed. Without it, I would have never tackled this project. I just wish I had found it sooner.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:51 AM
TX Toad
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great write up. May do this in the coming months

Old 09-20-2015, 03:32 PM
FlyLow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it's worth it, I did it, as did a buddy and we both have no regrets

Old 10-27-2015, 01:22 PM
HD4dannyboy
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to swap out the bars on my 04 flhti in the next month or so. I'm 5-9 and have kinda short arms, so like others have said I get the proverbial pain in the neck from leaning forward and tliting my head back.

I was considering the 2" pullback bars or a similar after market bar but my HD dealer recommended a pair of 10" apes. He said it gets your hands higher which I'd probably like and also allows them to be pulled back a bit more than 2 inches. The result is the hand position is right at the top edge of the batwing fairing.

Anyone else tried bars like that? I'd be interested in hearing if you like em.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:06 AM
ConfuciusSay
Road Warrior
Received 2,605 Likes on 699 Posts

I just picked up a 14 Limited and was looking for information like this. Excellent write up and pictures. This will be a winter project for me. Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Installing 2" Pullback Bars FLHTK (Pics included)