2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing 2" Pullback Bars FLHTK (Pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 05:48 PM
FlyLow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default discontinued khromewerks

My independent dealer attempted to order my KhromeWerks 2plus bars today Drag said they were discontinued due to them breaking and Drag only has 2 pair left. Has anybody else heard this?
What is another choice? The HD batwings?
Don Enlow

Old 04-06-2015, 06:19 PM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyLow
My independent dealer attempted to order my KhromeWerks 2plus bars today Drag said they were discontinued due to them breaking and Drag only has 2 pair left. Has anybody else heard this?
Don Enlow

Hmmmm, no, I have not heard that, bummer

Old 04-06-2015, 06:40 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I've heard of some bars requiring the use of one piece clamps or breakage can occur. Could be they got some back and discontinued the brand altogether. Wouldn't be an issue on touring models since they already have a one piece clamp.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:39 AM
bobsharley
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HD-Limited
JT
That was a great thread you wrote on installing Pullback bars on FLHTK, with PICs, thanks for that.
I was wanting to know if you also lowered your bikes suspension. If you did, how did you do it? I’m thinking or buying 12” rear shocks for mine. I was in Daytona for bike week and my HD dealer let me take both the reduced reach, and the super reduced reach seat with me and try them out. I liked the way the super reduced seat moved me forward and down, I was much more in control of the bike, but I could not ride for hours sitting on either seat, and my wife complained about both seats too. So I’m back to the original seat and need to reach the handle bars and the ground easier.
I'm 5'1 so I had to have the seat lowering kit which replaces the inner frame and also shaved my seat down. I just added the progressive shocks for the rear to drop it down an extra inch and since I only weigh 155 I adjusted it to a light damper. Feels good so far. I also put the reduced reach Harley handle bars on too which was easy enough.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:26 PM
HD-Limited
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by bobsharley
I'm 5'1 so I had to have the seat lowering kit which replaces the inner frame and also shaved my seat down. I just added the progressive shocks for the rear to drop it down an extra inch and since I only weigh 155 I adjusted it to a light damper. Feels good so far. I also put the reduced reach Harley handle bars on too which was easy enough.
Thanks that reply Bob; I have never heard of the (seat lowering kit) before. Where did you get it and how much did it lower your seat? I have looked at the frame where it is bolted together and wondered if something could be put in there to lower the seat but I thought that there is to many modules and relays under the seat that would have to be moved on the 2014 Limited.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:03 PM
bobsharley
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HD-Limited
Thanks that reply Bob; I have never heard of the (seat lowering kit) before. Where did you get it and how much did it lower your seat? I have looked at the frame where it is bolted together and wondered if something could be put in there to lower the seat but I thought that there is to many modules and relays under the seat that would have to be moved on the 2014 Limited.
Lol I dont know if you want to hear the answer. The seat lowering kits are about $1300 and they lower your seat about 3 inches. Unfortunately I had the dealer install it so it was a heck of a lot more. Just search for a drop seat conversion seat and you'll find them. If you are mechanically inclined it should be easy enough. It was my first Harley so I didn't want to screw something up lol

Last edited by bobsharley; 04-07-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:08 AM
skyman434unme
3rd Gear

My dealer ordered Kromewerks 2+2 bars and they're getting installed today. I'll report back later on the results of a "Roadtest". I rented a 2014 limited last year for a day and fell in love with the bike, but decided if I ever had one the first thing I'd do is figure out how to move the bars back or back & up. The OP did and awesome job starting this thread. Thank you sir!

Old 04-11-2015, 08:41 PM
skyman434unme
3rd Gear

So I went and got my bike after having had the Kromewerks 2+2 bar put on. I was pretty disappointed when I sat on the bike because the bars were considerably higher but certainly no closer to me. I was reaching as bad as before but higher. It felt worse than original if anything. I rode the bike home and decided to angle them back. I used these pictures as a guide to disassemble the fairing and rotated the bars down and back, then rotated the grips as much as possible. I took the bike out for a ride after changing the angle and have a position that I can live with. Perhaps the sweeps would have been a better selection.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:12 PM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyLow
Don Enlow

DK has one set on hand right now
https://www.denniskirk.com/5900148.s...utm_medium=cse

Old 04-12-2015, 01:39 PM
MasterMac
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the instructions with photos. I used these to just loosen the handlebar clamp to rotate them down just a bit. I'm hoping that will help enough. If not, I'll do the whole switchout.

Quick Reply: Installing 2" Pullback Bars FLHTK (Pics included)