2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'14 Street Glide ABS light with linked brakes issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014 | 06:22 PM
rubiconMike
Road Captain

Wingstop, it looks like you are at 11.34% taller in the front.

29.1" in the front
25.8" in the back

Old 03-31-2014 | 06:34 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member

I spoke with HogPro about this last week. I was having the same issue with my PM wheels. I'm currently running a 21 up front and a 200/55/17 in the rear. Old Glory HD was able to figure out what was wrong. They had to replace the vehicle speed sensor in the rear and it corrected the problem.

Here is the interesting part about the whole thing. One of my club brothers has the same size wheel setup on his Limited and didn't have a problem at all with the ABS light. So I'm not sure if its the difference in tire size difference not being over 10% or the actual speed sensor itself or both. But anyway its corrected with no issues.

Old 03-31-2014 | 06:39 PM
rubiconMike
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Kesean
I spoke with HogPro about this last week. I was having the same issue with my PM wheels. I'm currently running a 21 up front and a 200/55/17 in the rear. Old Glory HD was able to figure out what was wrong. They had to replace the vehicle speed sensor in the rear and it corrected the problem.

Here is the interesting part about the whole thing. One of my club brothers has the same size wheel setup on his Limited and didn't have a problem at all with the ABS light. So I'm not sure if its the difference in tire size difference not being over 10% or the actual speed sensor itself or both. But anyway its corrected with no issues.
Hey Kesean, your front wheel is 21 but what size is the front tire? Just curious. And do you have anymore information on the speed sensor? Is it a aftermarket speed sensor or Harley? Do you have a part number or a more detailed description that I can ask a dealership for?

Old 03-31-2014 | 07:07 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by rubiconMike
Hey Kesean, your front wheel is 21 but what size is the front tire? Just curious. And do you have anymore information on the speed sensor? Is it a aftermarket speed sensor or Harley? Do you have a part number or a more detailed description that I can ask a dealership for?
The tire is a 120/70/21. The speed sensor that was put on was HD and only cost $25 part which becasue it was warrantied I didn't have to pay for nor the labor. They actually called me into the shop and showed me the actual part looked like it was actually part of the ABS sensor. Sorry that is all the info I have. I would have to call them back up and talk to Billy who normally works on my bike to ask for the part number and what it looks like.

Old 03-31-2014 | 07:17 PM
rubiconMike
Road Captain

Hmmmm….

120/70/21
200/55/17

Puts you at 6.88%

Hard to know if the speed sensor fixed it or the fact that you are below the magic 10%. But for $25, it looks like the speed sensor would be the cheapest thing to try.

Old 03-31-2014 | 07:22 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member

Hmmmm….

120/70/21
200/55/17

Puts you at 6.88%

Hard to know if the speed sensor fixed it or the fact that you are below the magic 10%. But for $25, it looks like the speed sensor would be the cheapest thing to try.
Correct sir but I was having the ABS issue with the current setup but my club brother wasn't with the exact same setup is the part I couldn't understand. So I'm more inclined to believe it had to be the vehicle speed sensor than the actual tire size but not sure. All I know once the part was replaced it was fixed.

Old 03-31-2014 | 07:31 PM
rubiconMike
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Kesean
Correct sir but I was having the ABS issue with the current setup but my club brother wasn't with the exact same setup is the part I couldn't understand. So I'm more inclined to believe it had to be the vehicle speed sensor than the actual tire size but not sure. All I know once the part was replaced it was fixed.
Good point, thanks for the clarification. You're right, it does sound like the speed sensor fixed it then. Weird that your club brother wasn't having the problem. The problem does sound kind of random though according to some of hog pro's post. I guess some people are just lucky f'ers.

Well, if you get a chance to talk to Billy it would be awesome to know what speed sensor we need to get to fix this mess.

Thanks a ton for the info, it's a big help!!

Last edited by rubiconMike; 03-31-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-31-2014 | 07:33 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member

Good point, thanks for the clarification. You're right, it does sound like the speed sensor fixed it then. Weird that your club brother wasn't having the problem. The problem does sound kind of random though according to some of hog pro's post. I guess some people are just lucky f'ers.

Well, if you get a chance to talk to Billy it would be awesome to know why speed sensor we need to get to fix this mess.

Thanks a ton for the info, it's a big help!!
No problem just made a note to myself to give him a call tomorrow to find out the info. I'll get back with you on it.

Old 03-31-2014 | 08:49 PM
Wingstop18
Novice

Give this one a try. It give the percentage of difference too.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php

Old 03-31-2014 | 10:18 PM
Dvdhotboy
Intermediate

Wouldn't a bigger rear tire make the bike sit taller? Is it any way possible to reroute the speed sensors so that both read the same wheel? Just a thought...

Quick Reply: '14 Street Glide ABS light with linked brakes issue