2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamics LED and Plasma Rods Install on a 14 Street Glide Warning Lots of Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 06:07 AM
jmcdermit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^That answers all questions I had about countersinking.....I do not want any electronics to be permanent in case something goes wrong with them and I need warranty work or something. I want to be able to remove the part without breaking it!

Old 12-16-2013, 09:04 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Brykwil
Hope you don't plan on installing Saddlebag filler strips?
No intention at all.

IMHO, the filler strips don't look good to me. They had a purpose when that area looked unfinished on the pre '14's. I think the chrome brackets with the holes look very finished and was one of the first details that I noticed on the '14's that contributes to the new "cleaned up" look these bikes have. I would not want to cover that up.

Last edited by offthewall; 12-16-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:20 PM
xhere
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just received the bracket, great job! It will work great for me as I never know when I will be trading and will get to keep some of the goodies this way, purchased my 1st Harley in July of this year a 12 SG and a few months later had the to have the 14 SGS..

Thnx

Greg

Old 12-16-2013, 04:40 PM
14 FLHX
Road Captain

Thanks Greg.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:58 PM
carlb3
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks to UPS delays in Texas, took 10 days, but finally got my custom dynamics kit.....turn signals, quick connect, and plasma rods...

Will be installing them on the brackets made by 14 flhx tomorrow.

can't wait!!!

Old 12-20-2013, 09:53 PM
14 FLHX
Road Captain

Its worth the wait, CD makes some great products. Post up some pics if you can when you get it all done.

Old 12-21-2013, 03:51 AM
NCBondsman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Reading this thread convinced me to install the same thing. Ordered them tuesday, arrived wednesday (they are pretty close), made your same brackets and installed them thursday. I had my son weld the brackets up and it was a pain (gotta go slow or it warps-should have saved the headache and bought yours on ebay but I had to get them on). This was the most thorough diy for the 14 that I have seen. Your pics and descriptions made it so easy and it turned out awesome. The only issue I have is installong the rear saddlebag pin. I have to force the bag close to the mounting hole.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:38 AM
14 FLHX
Road Captain

Thanks for the kind words.

My right saddlebag was a bugger also to line up. Looking at the hole, the bag was sitting to high and it had to go down a little bit to line up. I used a rubber mallet and tapped the bag support bracket on the rear till the bag bolt slips right in.

Last edited by 14 FLHX; 12-21-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:19 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by 14 FLHX
Thanks for the kind words.

My right saddlebag was a bugger also to line up. Looking at the hole, the bag was sitting to high and it had to go down a little bit to line up. I used a rubber mallet and tapped the bag support bracket on the rear till the bag bolt slips right in.
I got the Plasma rods installed today with your brackets. I can't get the rear saddle bag pins in at all.

It's dark and getting cold in the garage, so I'm leaving it until tomorrow to try to figure something out.

BTW, I used Custom Dynamics pre-made plug that inserts under the seat where the the wires go to the taillight. It has their little wire taps preinstalled. It was simple to get brake and turn signals hooked up.

Now if I can re-jigger the mounts so I can get my saddle bags back on tomorrow without screwing everything up....

Old 12-21-2013, 05:43 PM
14 FLHX
Road Captain

Huh. I didnt have any issues with the bags not lining up after the plasma rod install. I did have to adjust the saddlebag support from the factory as the right side would not line up just right. I used a rubber mallet to adjust it a little.

Quick Reply: Custom Dynamics LED and Plasma Rods Install on a 14 Street Glide Warning Lots of Pics