2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamics LED and Plasma Rods Install on a 14 Street Glide Warning Lots of Pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 10:02 AM
rcmty
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Custom Dynamic LED lights

I just instal my LED lights from custom dynamic which was the 8" plasma rods, LED rear lights and the Tri-bar rear fender light. Everything was straight forward easy instal with easy to follow instructions. I really wanted the brake light flasher which would strobe flash all my rear lights and dim the LED running lights down, but they have no brake light flasher for the 2014 street glide yet. Well what I ended up doing was removing my LED brake/turn/running/ light and putting the factory bulb back in. The reason was the LED light was so bright that it look like my brake light was stuck on and most drivers behind me was thinking I was riding my brakes, yes they are that bright with just running lights and I'll keep them until custom dynamic comes out with a way to dim them down to match the other lights on the rear of my bike. I can say all my lights from custom dynamic is well worth there money.

Old 09-14-2014, 04:24 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
Lightbulb Added Radiantz Custom Flexible LED Array

Since running the Plasma Rods as my only turn signals when I have the Tour-Pak off, I was concerned with visibility of the near side blinkers being blocked by the saddle bag.

I put a Radiantz Custom Flexible LED Array under the fender tip light.

The array is split in two, one side left blinker, the other right blinker. Both light up with the brake like the Plasma rods. I wired these straight into the stock turn signal plugs in the rear taillight using H-D metal pins and the plastic plugs.

I'm really happy with the visibly of the brakes and turns at any angle from the rear now.

Some picts:
OFF close up; OFF far; RIGHT TURN; BRAKE.

Attached Thumbnails Custom Dynamics LED and Plasma Rods Install on a 14 Street Glide Warning Lots of Pics-img_0767.jpg   Custom Dynamics LED and Plasma Rods Install on a 14 Street Glide Warning Lots of Pics-img_0757.jpg   Custom Dynamics LED and Plasma Rods Install on a 14 Street Glide Warning Lots of Pics-img_0756.jpg   Custom Dynamics LED and Plasma Rods Install on a 14 Street Glide Warning Lots of Pics-img_0719.jpg  

Last edited by offthewall; 09-14-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:36 AM
Mray81
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love a set of brackets next time you make some more.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:18 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts

Slick setup OTWall. Looks really sharp. probably looks amazing at night.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:59 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by roadkinglobo
Slick setup OTWall. Looks really sharp. probably looks amazing at night.
Thx.

It really does get your attention at night when they all come on!

Old 10-24-2014, 11:44 AM
scarin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got my rods installed and it was a simple process especially with the MPR-BCM. Wiring was a snap. Just remember some earlier posts that state tapping into the orange wire are inaccurate unless you want the rods to work when you are in accessory mode. Both Oranges (if you have the TFC3's) should go to the blue wire.

14FLHX your brackets are great, fit perfectly and made the install easy. Thanks again for taking the time to engineer and sell them to the rest of us. Biggest pain was removing the antenna bracket which was really no big deal. I didn't try drilling through as I don't really use FM and I have a hidden antenna.

Love the look and the extra visibility of the rods.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:02 AM
junglejoe
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have this setup on my dyna, but I had to buy the converter for the led's, do you have to buy that for the 14's? Or do you take the bulbs out and replace with the led bulb? I also bought the box where you can have either or all tail lights flashing or no flash when you apply the brakes.

What exactly is that bracket for??

Last edited by junglejoe; 10-25-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:45 AM
14 FLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by junglejoe
I have this setup on my dyna, but I had to buy the converter for the led's, do you have to buy that for the 14's? Or do you take the bulbs out and replace with the led bulb? I also bought the box where you can have either or all tail lights flashing or no flash when you apply the brakes.

What exactly is that bracket for??
Joe, go to the 1st page and look over the post and it will all make sense.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:46 AM
14 FLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scarin
Finally got my rods installed and it was a simple process especially with the MPR-BCM. Wiring was a snap. Just remember some earlier posts that state tapping into the orange wire are inaccurate unless you want the rods to work when you are in accessory mode. Both Oranges (if you have the TFC3's) should go to the blue wire.

14FLHX your brackets are great, fit perfectly and made the install easy. Thanks again for taking the time to engineer and sell them to the rest of us. Biggest pain was removing the antenna bracket which was really no big deal. I didn't try drilling through as I don't really use FM and I have a hidden antenna.

Love the look and the extra visibility of the rods.
scarin, Im glad they worked out good for you. Thanks for the feedback.

I will be making more brackets in a few weeks.

Old 10-25-2014, 07:38 PM
DABB
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

May I get a set of brackets?

Quick Reply: Custom Dynamics LED and Plasma Rods Install on a 14 Street Glide Warning Lots of Pics