2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamics LED and Plasma Rods Install on a 14 Street Glide Warning Lots of Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 08:58 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Bagged Out
I ordered all my stuff from CD today. Talked to Tiffany. She said the MPR-BCM will not work on my 2014 SGS. Hmmmmmm.....

Look at my last picture. The instructions.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:34 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by barrygreen
For those who want to know...looks like you can do Brake and Turn but you will still need a module for Run, Brake and Turn.
You DO NOT need a module on the Rushmore bikes. All you need is the MPR-BCM and 2 TFC3's to do R/B/T. I know this as fact as I set up mine as R/B/T but like Offthewall, I didn't like them as running lights and I removed the TFC3's and now they are brake/turn only.

Also to the poster that said they called, the MPR-BCM does work with the SGS. Sounds like CD has some people just as confused by the new bikes as some of us are.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:49 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

For those who want to know...looks like you can do Brake and Turn but you will still need a module for Run, Brake and Turn.
That is correct, you additionally need 2 TFC3's. A couple of pages back we discussed that. I'm leaving mine at brake/turn only. It's a more jarring effect going from full off to full bright. With Run/Brake/Turn, the Rods are on Dimly for run then go to bright for brake and turn.

Edit;
Whoops, sorry MontyCop05, I just saw your post on the next page after I did mine.

Last edited by offthewall; 05-02-2014 at 02:52 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:06 AM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by MontyCop05
You DO NOT need a module on the Rushmore bikes. All you need is the MPR-BCM and 2 TFC3's .
The TFC3 is what I was referring to as a module. Wrong term but you get the idea

Old 05-02-2014, 06:32 AM
WildThang
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on the 14s you don't really need the MPR-BCM if you want to save little money....just tap into the appropriate wires with the supplied posi-tap connectors

Old 05-02-2014, 09:02 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by WildThang
on the 14s you don't really need the MPR-BCM if you want to save little money....just tap into the appropriate wires with the supplied posi-tap connectors
You really don't NEED the MPR-BMC ever. It just makes the install easier, cleaner and reversible. If you ever want to take it out, just unplug with no trace or damage to the wiring harness.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:32 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The TFC3 is what I was referring to as a module. Wrong term but you get the idea
Ahh...ok. No worries. The clarification for those that didn't pick up on that probably isn't a bad thing. The pre 14' bike actually do need a R/B/T module (electronic magic box for those that care) to get this function. The TFC3 is really just a glorified splitter for the power wire.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:07 AM
05dlx
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks a lot, this the picture I was looking for showing which connector to tap into. Perfect!!

Thank you very much.

Attached Thumbnails Custom Dynamics LED and Plasma Rods Install on a 14 Street Glide Warning Lots of Pics-image.jpg  
Old 05-03-2014, 07:18 AM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member

Your welcome !

Old 05-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Rackatak
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having trouble with a simple custom installation of Plasma Rods. Using EPZ2 module and plasma rods to run as Brake/Turn.

Individually, brake works, turns work. It was my understanding that turn would take priority over brake using the EPZ2 which would cause the turn side going from solid to off while opposite side stays lit as long as brake is applied. The opposite happens, when turn signal is activated and brake applied all stay lit. When brake is released resumes turn. Any wiring insight?
Current hookup-
EPZ2 output red and black to Plasma red and black
EPZ2 input red to brake/Orange to turn (purple left/brown right)/black to ground.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Custom Dynamics LED and Plasma Rods Install on a 14 Street Glide Warning Lots of Pics