2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamics LED and Plasma Rods Install on a 14 Street Glide Warning Lots of Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 08:06 AM
14 FLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone at the factory might have put the wrong wire in the wrong place (pins), double check those wires. That MPR-BCm should have nothing to do with losing your brake light, It lost power is all.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:55 AM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 14 FLHX
Someone at the factory might have put the wrong wire in the wrong place (pins), double check those wires. That MPR-BCm should have nothing to do with losing your brake light, It lost power is all.
That's exactly what I thought, but I checked the wires and all appears to match up correctly I could be wrong though

Old 03-23-2014, 01:40 PM
pswomack
Road Master
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts

Also double check to make sure the pins are "Locked" into the connectors on the MPR-BCM and the bike, all you have to do is pull on each wire at all the connectors to see if they are locked in, also look at the male pins on all connectors (bike included) to see if one is bent, never hurts to check these things out.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:20 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master

Originally Posted by pswomack
Also double check to make sure the pins are "Locked" into the connectors on the MPR-BCM and the bike, all you have to do is pull on each wire at all the connectors to see if they are locked in, also look at the male pins on all connectors (bike included) to see if one is bent, never hurts to check these things out.
Dude your the man. That's what it was. The ground wire pin in the connector wasn't locked into place. Pulled the connector apart and locked it in and all is well now.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:27 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by MontyCop05
Dude your the man. That's what it was. The ground wire pin in the connector wasn't locked into place. Pulled the connector apart and locked it in and all is well now.
"It's always a wire!"

That's what we say in the recording field. The trouble is finding THAT wire.

Did you also wind up taking the TFC3's out of the circuit?

Old 03-23-2014, 03:36 PM
14 FLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome, im glad you got it figured out.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:39 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master

Awesome, im glad you got it figured out.
Yeah so am I. I feel kinda stupid not checking that earlier. My brain told me something was up with the MPR BCM bit for some reason I though I screwed up somewhere else. Lord knows this isn't my first go around with these molex and douche connectors Guess I shouldn't second guess myself. Lol

Old 03-23-2014, 08:48 PM
pswomack
Road Master
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts

Glad you found it, and everything is working good now!...You don't know how many "NEW" electrical part's I've seen in 30+ years in the automotive repair industry that have had pins not locked into connectors.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:15 AM
lazye
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The TFC3 allows for use as brake and turn. Called CD directly to see what I needed for the install. They said the MPR-BCM and two of the TFC3's. Reds go to the brake and orange goes to turns.

I just called CD and ask if I could use the MPR-BCM along with the TFC3's on a '14 SGS and they said no, I would have to get the signal from the lower tail unit for run, turn, & brake.

I'm thinking the harness should be the same as a Limited.
Has anyone tried using the MPR-BCM on a '14 SGS?

Old 03-24-2014, 10:39 AM
MontyCop05
Road Master

Originally Posted by lazye
I just called CD and ask if I could use the MPR-BCM along with the TFC3's on a '14 SGS and they said no, I would have to get the signal from the lower tail unit for run, turn, & brake. I'm thinking the harness should be the same as a Limited. Has anyone tried using the MPR-BCM on a '14 SGS?
If you get 2 TFC3's along with the MPR-BCM you will get run brake and turn. We probably talked to the same guy as I was told no Run/brake/turn either. He told me I could only get two of the 3. However this isn't the case as I'm running that set up now.

This is how I have mine wired to the BCM-MPR with the TFC3's:

With MPR-BCM
Right rod- Red to purple, Orange to orange, black to black

Left rod- Red to brown, Orange to blue, black to black

The only wire on the MPR-BCM that doesn't get used for run/brake/turn is the red wire.

Quick Reply: Custom Dynamics LED and Plasma Rods Install on a 14 Street Glide Warning Lots of Pics