Amazon Aftermarket Seats

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 08:23 PM
npn
|
Cruiser
Default Amazon Aftermarket Seats

Continuation of this long thread...

Maybe this was asked before but I'm not very good with the search function.

Basically there's a myriad of seats available on Amazon for like 1/3 of harley, mustang or sundowner seats price. So has anyone upgraded successfully with one?

I realized that my seat is too low for me, 5'8", 31" inseam but my used RK came with lowered rear and front suspension plus a low profile seat so I'm looking to replace it with somewhat standard hight seat but preferably more comfortable as the lowered suspension makes the ride very hard.

Old Yesterday | 08:35 PM
gonemad
Seasoned HDF Member

That’s an awfully nice looking bike. If you plan to put any miles on it, I’d put a good seat on it. I rarely leave my state (NC) but I ride about a 1000 miles a month and I’d prefer to be comfortable doing it.

Old Yesterday | 08:52 PM
npn
|
Cruiser

Thanks for your fast response. Yeah I figured it deserves a good seat, cheap one just wouldn't fit, but wanted to hear what people say

Old Yesterday | 08:54 PM
propflux01
Road Warrior
Veteran: Air Force

If its 1/3 the price of HD, sundowner or Mustang seats, there is probably a reason why...

I got a Russell Day Long seat. it wasn't cheap, but worth every penny. And seats are something now I will never cheap out on.

Last edited by propflux01; Yesterday at 08:56 PM.
Old Yesterday | 11:33 PM
brakeless
Seasoned HDF Member

I never even imagined Amazon had seats. I just looked. Seems like I've heard the name of the most prevalent C.C. Rider but that could be just jogging my memory of the movie and the magazine.
Look at it the way I do with Amazon, everything is returnable. And I'd be curious to see the quality.

Old Today | 12:02 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by npn
Continuation of this long thread...

Maybe this was asked before but I'm not very good with the search function.

Basically there's a myriad of seats available on Amazon for like 1/3 of harley, mustang or sundowner seats price. So has anyone upgraded successfully with one?

I realized that my seat is too low for me, 5'8", 31" inseam but my used RK came with lowered rear and front suspension plus a low profile seat so I'm looking to replace it with somewhat standard hight seat but preferably more comfortable as the lowered suspension makes the ride very hard.
This chinese seat thread for a touring bike is the continuation of an old thread about a cracked oil filter mount on a Sportster?

Got it.

As far as touring seats go, you get what you pay for, and it is an expensive game finding the right one for your *** on long trips.

Old Today | 04:02 AM
hoggy05
Cruiser

Mustang super touring with backrest.

Old Today | 04:52 AM
TracerBullet
Seasoned HDF Member

Cry once and you will be happy for a long time

Old Today | 05:32 AM
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

If you're going to lay down the miles, a cheap seat will ruin it for you. Look on Facebook Marketplace, there are tons of choices for a good seat in my area, maybe your area will too. They can usually be had for 50 cents on the dollar.

Old Today | 05:51 AM
ringer1969
Road Captain

ill be honest i found HD seats to be comfy and priced pretty fair compared to Mustang etc etc , i ae changed a couple seats on my bikes buying from the dealer

Quick Reply: Amazon Aftermarket Seats