Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Not As Comfortable

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 10:13 AM
Hathaway
Cruiser
Default Save your money

I wouldn't do anything right now, except ride it more often on shorter rides and take more breaks. You may find after awhile, you're fine with it as-is.

Old Yesterday | 11:58 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team
Veteran: National GuardVeteran: Navy

Your handlebars look to have a very odd wrist angle, which could well be why your hands are going numb. I suspect simply rotating the bars back will help you quite a bit.

Your boards are dead level. That gives neither of you much ability to use your feet to hold yourselves back when braking. Earlier models allowed for board adjustments, but I don't know about yours. It's something to check, imo.

Trying on demo seats at the dealership is a great way to see what fits you two, and what doesn't. Though Harley has greatly reduced the number and variety of seats they now offer. It's free to try though!

Old Yesterday | 02:51 PM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by npn
At least not as I expected. I'm 5'8", 31 inseam, 175lbs. I took my first long trip on my new (to me) RK, 160 mi with a break in the middle. Missus on the back, she's 5'4" about 180lbs. My right hand went numb multiple times, my feet/boots kept sliding forward on the peg platforms and every time I'd slow down my wife would end up half way into my seat. Also, her head is about 2 inches above mine and that is just horrible lol

The previous owner lowered the bike, rear and front. I see he put Legend shocks in the rear (I believe Legend REVO-A Adjustable Shocks 13") but I have no idea what's in the front. He seemed about 5'7". So yeah I need a different seat -narrower and higher for me, and slightly wider and maybe lower for her too. I mean who would've thought that I need higher seat on a RK.

Thoughts?

13" shocks are standard on RK, so the rear has not been lowered. Right hand going numb, normal for most. Cruise control cures that.
Most like to sit "in" the bike not "on" the bike, seat looks like a normal Corbin just give it more time and it will be great. She should be able to look over you because the other option is the back of your head and that ain't fun. If the old lady slides down when you brake then try foot pegs so she can lock her heel in.

Old Yesterday | 05:19 PM
npn
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Redrodyankneck
13" shocks are standard on RK, so the rear has not been lowered. Right hand going numb, normal for most. Cruise control cures that.
Most like to sit "in" the bike not "on" the bike, seat looks like a normal Corbin just give it more time and it will be great. She should be able to look over you because the other option is the back of your head and that ain't fun. If the old lady slides down when you brake then try foot pegs so she can lock her heel in.
Oh the bike is definitely lowered, I've sat on standard RKs and my feet won't be flat. On this one they are more than flat

Old Yesterday | 05:50 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Yeah, I would definitely rotate the bars back a bit.