Sponsored by:

Can’t Get Past 4th Digit of Pin

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2023 | 08:30 AM
oo10inz
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Gmorris1911
I was reading up on this post because I am having the same issue. I didn't see a fix to this and wondered if you ever found a solution to this problem.
funny, i was just looking at this yesterday wondering if anyone else had commented. I have not. It is winter where i am at so haven’t messed with it much. I’m hoping some one provides a solution by spring if not i’ll have to take it somewhere to figure it out.

Old 12-31-2023 | 08:33 AM
Bayou FLHR-M8-128"
Supporter

Originally Posted by oo10inz
what’s up guys. Just like the title says i can’t get past the 4th digit of my pin when starting my bike without the fob. i’ve tried changing it, accessing it everything else with the pin process works except when i try to use it. I’ve used it before without issues however now the 4th digit even when right stops process and engages the security system. anyone else experience this? not really sure where to go from here. Thanks all!
I never retried but will give her a shot today after it warms up (supposed to hit 66 today here in North Louisiana)
just pray my "sometimers" doesn't start acting up.

Old 12-31-2023 | 07:23 PM
rideonva
Road Master

When you’ve disconnected the battery did you disarm security first ? When I disconnect it’s ignition on (run switch doesn’t matter), once security system is off turn ignition off and pull out main fuse before security re-arms itself.
Also just checked on my 22 RG alarm is not activated until all digits processed, you can enter anything or even skip until you navigate past 5th digit, then whole pin is verified and security disarmed or alarm sounds.

Last edited by rideonva; 12-31-2023 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-31-2023 | 07:48 PM
CoolBreeze3646
Seasoned HDF Member

Try inputting the PIN when you are off the bike and do not move the bike or the handlebars.

Sometimes when you are putting in the pin, you move the bike setting the security system if you are sitting on the bike and have it upright off the stand.

Leave the bike on its jiffy stand (side stand) while doing this.

You need to move through the process fairly quickly and not stop long between putting the pin number in and moving to the next place to input the PIN

Old 01-05-2024 | 07:30 PM
Fullbore55
Grand HDF Member

Anyone have success yet?

Old 01-24-2024 | 07:58 PM
oo10inz
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rideonva
When you’ve disconnected the battery did you disarm security first ? When I disconnect it’s ignition on (run switch doesn’t matter), once security system is off turn ignition off and pull out main fuse before security re-arms itself.
Also just checked on my 22 RG alarm is not activated until all digits processed, you can enter anything or even skip until you navigate past 5th digit, then whole pin is verified and security disarmed or alarm sounds.

I did not disarm first before removing the battery. i just removed and reinstalled.

Old 01-29-2024 | 07:13 PM
23StreetGlideSpecial
Advanced

When I picked up my bike my dealer told me that they set the code when the bike comes in and that they like most dealers use 1234 and then the last digit of the bike year. so for mine it was 12343. Maybe the battery being disconnected for a long time made it go back to a dealer code. I may be way off. Hope you get it figured out. Keep us up to date.

Old 01-30-2024 | 10:23 PM
Bogie_2420
Stage I

After searching the internet on this subject for a couple of days, I just came across this thread. I am having the same problem. I can only enter 4 of 5 digits. I also think I have a bad antenna on the security system because neither fob is working anymore. New batteries in both. This is what started my journey to the 4/5 digit problem.

Old 07-25-2024 | 09:23 PM
pistondealer
Advanced

I have the same problem and nobody has figured it out yet? Well I did. When it asks for the pin on the display you're pushing the wrong button if you can't get past the 4th entry. If you push the right signal you can only enter 4 digits and then you need to start over, and over, and over, and never get the PIN entered. Nothing wrong with the system, try the left turn signal, works like charm. If you don't think this is right try it. I should clarify the steps; 1) Keep any active FOBS away from the bike. 2) Turn the ignition switch to on. 3) When asked to enter PIN push the LEFT turn signal once. 4) Select the right (your PIN) number with the Left turn signal switch. 5) Now you can push the RIGHT turn signal to advance to the next digit.

Last edited by pistondealer; 07-25-2024 at 09:47 PM. Reason: More info
The following users liked this post:
StevieMac! (07-30-2024)
Old 07-26-2024 | 03:28 PM
oo10inz
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by pistondealer
I have the same problem and nobody has figured it out yet? Well I did. When it asks for the pin on the display you're pushing the wrong button if you can't get past the 4th entry. If you push the right signal you can only enter 4 digits and then you need to start over, and over, and over, and never get the PIN entered. Nothing wrong with the system, try the left turn signal, works like charm. If you don't think this is right try it. I should clarify the steps; 1) Keep any active FOBS away from the bike. 2) Turn the ignition switch to on. 3) When asked to enter PIN push the LEFT turn signal once. 4) Select the right (your PIN) number with the Left turn signal switch. 5) Now you can push the RIGHT turn signal to advance to the next digit.

HELL YES you did man! thank you. This worked for me. Let’s cheer this man!

The following 2 users liked this post by oo10inz:
H-D_Doug (07-31-2024), StevieMac! (07-30-2024)

Quick Reply: Can’t Get Past 4th Digit of Pin