Black Ultra
|
Road Master

No it alarmed at being 5 pound down.

Old 04-13-2023 | 10:30 PM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Black Ultra
Update: After 3 days of not adding any air, I got the low tire pressure warning when turn the bike on this evening. Rear was at 34.6 psi. (TPMS said 34 psi) e!
Did it alarm at at rear 35, and what does manual recommend?

Old 04-13-2023 | 11:00 PM
Black Ultra
|
Road Master

Spec is 40 for the rear. it alarmed at 35, so 5 psi below cold spec. I don't know how to see or set the alarm point. But 5 psi low seems like a reasonable place to set an alarm.

Last edited by Black Ultra; 04-13-2023 at 11:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
gonemad (04-13-2023)
Old 04-13-2023 | 11:13 PM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member

I dounbt it is prgrammable. Bikes in the past were less, So I was was asking. So to the dealer and see what they say. Unless you work on your bike, there is nothing else to do. Just trying to help you go in ready, so they don't screw you by saying norma.

Old 04-14-2023 | 08:05 AM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

Can't change the alarm range on the HD system... I'd get the valve stem to the bottom (valve stem cap off), with saddlebags off, lay on the ground and watch, as I sprayed soapy water on and around the rear tire's valve stem... see if I get bubbles. Then jack the rear wheel off the ground, and do the same thing, slowly turning the wheel, all along the wheel checking the bead for leaks... so that I knew why it was leaking.

Or just take it to the dealer... but I'd at least check the valve stem (core & around the base of it, with soapy water from a spray bottle)... If it is the valve stem, the core you might be able to tighten or replace, if it is leaking around the base, the dealer is probably going to have to fix that for you because you tighten it down from inside the tire.

Last edited by Ssitruc; 04-14-2023 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-14-2023 | 10:27 AM
CoolBreeze3646
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by CoolBreeze3646
Spray some dish washing soap solution around your valve stems where they come though the rim and where you fill, if it is not leaking there, spray around the rim where the tire meets the rim.

You will see a bunch of fine/small bubbles if there are any leaks.

You should not be putting a couple of pounds in on a daily basis, weekly maybe. Mine hold air and do not need any but maybe once a month.
Originally Posted by Ssitruc
Can't change the alarm range on the HD system... I'd get the valve stem to the bottom (valve stem cap off), with saddlebags off, lay on the ground and watch, as I sprayed soapy water on and around the rear tire's valve stem... see if I get bubbles. Then jack the rear wheel off the ground, and do the same thing, slowly turning the wheel, all along the wheel checking the bead for leaks... so that I knew why it was leaking.

Or just take it to the dealer... but I'd at least check the valve stem (core & around the base of it, with soapy water from a spray bottle)... If it is the valve stem, the core you might be able to tighten or replace, if it is leaking around the base, the dealer is probably going to have to fix that for you because you tighten it down from inside the tire.
Yeah that was suggested in Post #3; however, the OP chose not to go that route and had different ideas.

Old 04-14-2023 | 10:39 AM
MotoJockey
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I have more time reading this thread than it would take me to go out to the shop, spray the wheels with soapy water, find the damn leak(s), and then rinse off the soapy water lol.........

The following 2 users liked this post by MotoJockey:
CoolBreeze3646 (04-14-2023), jwt873 (04-14-2023)
Old 04-14-2023 | 11:11 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by MotoJockey
I have more time reading this thread than it would take me to go out to the shop, spray the wheels with soapy water, find the damn leak(s), and then rinse off the soapy water lol.........
But unless you plan on fixing the leak yourself, what did you accomplish?

Old 04-14-2023 | 11:30 AM
MotoJockey
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Rounders
But unless you plan on fixing the leak yourself, what did you accomplish?
First, just finding out exactly what's wrong with my tires would be important to me. Second, depending on what's leaking, it could very well be fixed right there, right then. Depends on a person's skill set and available tools, right? Kinda common sense stuff for a lot of us here. Do you just take your bike to "The Guy" to get it fixed every time you have a problem with it Rounder? Without even wanting, or knowing what's actually wrong with it? Sometimes preliminary troubleshooting is required to determine if it can be repaired in "Your" shop.......... or "The Guy's" shop.

The following users liked this post:
CoolBreeze3646 (04-14-2023)
Old 04-14-2023 | 01:37 PM
RVTRKN
Cruiser

Soap down the beads on the rim, especially if they’re chrome, as I mentioned in an earlier post. If under warranty you’re probably OK, but if not you’re going to pay labor. If the chrome is flaking inside the rim where the bead sits it will leak. If not under warranty, you’ll have to replace the wheel, so it’s a good time to buy some polished aluminum wheels.

Quick Reply: Tire pressure