Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2023 | 10:51 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by MotoJockey
3x2=6.........
Originally Posted by Rounders
I

If it went down 6 pounds over the 3 days he checked, yes that is not normal. But I am not basing my call on adding 2 pounds 3 days in a row.

You lose a little just checking and hard to get just 2 pounds in . And then accuracy.

Nothing I am saying here should be hair on fire.

Check it after a few days.
Originally Posted by rideonva
Both tires slow leaking ? I’d be suspicious of the gauge. Maybe try different style gauge?
Originally Posted by Red
Fill the tires then leave them alone for a week. Check to see if you have any air loss

I could understand having issues with one tire but not both! Don't overthink it.....
Good advice

Old 04-10-2023 | 11:07 AM
Black Ultra
|
Road Master

I'll check again tonight via the TPMS as I have each of the last few days. I realize that a little escapes each time you use a gauge on the valve stem. I only hook up to the valve stem when the TPMS says they are low.

Old 04-10-2023 | 12:04 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

here we go again.....

Old 04-10-2023 | 03:03 PM
Black Ultra
|
Road Master

I suppose it's possible that I am being a little OCD on the tire pressure. This is something I watch closely on all my vehicles. It comes from my autocross days when 0.5 psi up or down can literally be difference between 1st and 4th. It's also a new bike and I am new to Harley and haven't had a bike in over 15 years. I do appreciate all the suggestions and help. I will continue to watch the pressures, but if they continue to fall daily, I will take it in. That's what warranties are for right?

Old 04-10-2023 | 04:24 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Black Ultra
I suppose it's possible that I am being a little OCD on the tire pressure. This is something I watch closely on all my vehicles. It comes from my autocross days when 0.5 psi up or down can literally be difference between 1st and 4th. It's also a new bike and I am new to Harley and haven't had a bike in over 15 years. I do appreciate all the suggestions and help. I will continue to watch the pressures, but if they continue to fall daily, I will take it in. That's what warranties are for right?
If both tires are down, I might suspect a slow leak. Still, this is somewhat odd on both tires.

I put my trike away late in November 2022. Got a chance to uncover and ride it today - TPMS shows 41 in the front and 26 in the rear - just where I left them.
Standard garage - not heated but it does stay around 50 in the winter. I also have mu tires on carpet. Hopefully, you don't have a nail in both tires.

Since you mentioned a new bike - you might want to take it in for serviice and have them take a look at it.

Old 04-10-2023 | 09:10 PM
IBE
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

what? you are supposed to check tire pressure?

Old 04-11-2023 | 07:24 AM
cobra23
Road Captain

It could be that the wheels themselves have a tiny pinhole leak from the casting process. You would need to remove the wheels from the bike to check.

Old 04-11-2023 | 02:56 PM
nordhaven
Cruiser

Spraying soapy water on tire, bead, and valve was a very good suggestion. Have you done this yet?

The following users liked this post:
DMFXR (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023 | 03:07 PM
Black Ultra
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by nordhaven
Spraying soapy water on tire, bead, and valve was a very good suggestion. Have you done this yet?
No, haven't had time yet. Been working too much. I'll try to get to it tonight. The other suggestions of leaving it sit for a while are happening whether I wanted to or not. Work is very annoying when there are other things you'd rather be doing.

The following users liked this post:
nordhaven (04-12-2023)
Old 04-11-2023 | 03:28 PM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member

I wouldn't spray it. Unless you plan on removing the tire and fixing yourself. Look at in a few days, to see if it really went down a few pounds.

I would look to make sure there are no nails or screws in it, which are your problem. If not I would call the dealer and ask if covered under warranty, bring in if it is. If not, pull the wheel and bring it in to be looked at.

Myself, I don't like taking tires off rims without a machine, So I would just bring it in.

If they say covered under warrantry, I would still try and verify no nail, or they will charge you to remove the tire. Unless that is what you want.

This has gotten way to complicated.

Quick Reply: Tire pressure