Sponsored by:

The 2023 Road King FLHR Lives On As The FLHP

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 07:13 AM
Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by gonemad
Got the new bars on, and highway pegs. I ended up dealing with a few “stacked tolerances” due to just the increased diameter of the new handle bars, particularly just changing the power port to fit the new bars, but I’ve got it all buttoned up. The power port bracket is squeezed between the larger bar and the top of the nacelle. I muscled it just a smidge.

Ready to put down some miles later this week when the spring weather arrives.
Which Tour pak is this? I see that Eglide Goodies has been taken over and their supply is nothing like it used to be. was hoping to get there "small police tourpak" as i heard the quality was good. i shouldn't have waited.

Old 04-05-2024, 07:17 AM
Toe Knee
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tenn
I had to ditch the police seat, it was gonna plant me on dismount at some point. This is the third seat I’ve tried on it, I took it off my 09 to try. A 15 year old 100k+ mile corbin seat checks all the boxes. Some mirrors, highway pegs and I’ll be ready to roll out for an extended ride.

Curious-what are you guys paying for a new Police Road Glide?

Old 04-05-2024, 11:04 AM
gonemad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,393 Likes on 2,976 Posts

Originally Posted by Toe Knee
Which Tour pak is this? I see that Eglide Goodies has been taken over and their supply is nothing like it used to be. was hoping to get there "small police tourpak" as i heard the quality was good. i shouldn't have waited.
Same one Hulks put on his in the OP. On Amazon, XMT Moto I believe. There are a ton of vendors selling this Chineseum variant. $137, gloss black. I recommend the Hog Workz mounting plate and hardware as Hulks recommended, $50, and get a Harley OE lock set for $31 keyed to your bike’s key. You just need the key code off your key to order it from a dealer. The Chinese lock is really terrible. $200 all in. I re-drilled the tour pak to mount it further back running the “two-up” seat.

This is the latest iteration. Harley front fender rail/trim. ’61-’62 tank badge. Road Glide seat I had in the attic off a ’22, which I believe is what they run on a 2024 Road King Special, FWIW. And a Grasshopper removable backrest I had in the attic. It is surprisingly comfortable in this configuration. HD Circulator seat cushion is on it in the pic. 12” KST Straightjacket handlebars.

Running the tour pak further back with the two up seat. Hadn’t installed the tank badges yet.

Last edited by gonemad; 04-05-2024 at 11:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Toe Knee (04-06-2024)
Old 04-05-2024, 02:14 PM
18PiecesofFlair
Intermediate
Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Love those tank badges! Just ordered the front fender trim rail from eBay. Harley's website said out of stock and shipping in 26 weeks.

gonemad (04-05-2024)
Old 04-05-2024, 02:25 PM
Rocketman83
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Running the tour pak further back with the two up seat.

Do you have any measurements or pictures of your tour pack to rear seat area? I am trying to get an idea of where to place mine. I am using the Harley mounting plate and moved it 7" back with a new set of 1/4" holes drilled into the mounting plate. It looks like 8" would have been a better number but this might work for the rare occasion I am 2 up'ing (wife has her own bike now). I used the rear seat thumb screw as a "line up" point since I don't actually have the rear pillion just yet.

Old 04-05-2024, 02:45 PM
gonemad
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rocketman83
Do you have any measurements or pictures of your tour pack to rear seat area? I am trying to get an idea of where to place mine. I am using the Harley mounting plate and moved it 7" back with a new set of 1/4" holes drilled into the mounting plate. It looks like 8" would have been a better number but this might work for the rare occasion I am 2 up'ing (wife has her own bike now). I used the rear seat thumb screw as a "line up" point since I don't actually have the rear pillion just yet.
I had drilled the tour pak for a more forward mount on the stock police mounting rack in order to run it with the police seat. It was mounted perfect for the police seat, but too far forward to mount the two up seat. You can see where two of the original holes are taped over in the tour pak in the bottom of the first picture.

So I re-drilled the tour pak. It’s is mounted through the slotted holes in the mounting rack so there is some adjustment forward and rearward. I ride solo, so I didn’t take any consideration for how this would work for a passenger. I just wanted easy access to the rear thumbscrew for the seat.

Mounted forward in the slots

Mounted rearward

Last edited by gonemad; 04-05-2024 at 02:47 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by gonemad:
Rocketman83 (04-05-2024), Toe Knee (04-06-2024)
Old 04-05-2024, 02:48 PM
Rocketman83
Cruiser

I had drilled the tour pak for a more forward mount on the stock police mounting rack in order to run it with the police seat. It was mounted perfect for the police seat, but too far forward to mount the two up seat.

So I re-drilled the tour pak. It’s is mounted through the slotted holes in the mounting rack so there is some adjustment forward and rearward. I ride solo, so I didn’t take any consideration for how this would work for a passenger. I just wanted easy access to the rear thumbscrew for the seat.

[....]
Very good - Thanks for the reply - That looks similar in location to mine currently,

gonemad (04-05-2024)
Old 04-05-2024, 06:25 PM
Rocketman83
Cruiser

Got my Tour pack mounted today and the STT light bar light wired up, Here are the parts I used:

1x HD Police Tour-Pak (Mine was used and gutted but retained the STT Whelen light bar - which I wouldn't mind upgrading someday)
1x Mounting Plate 51396-09
1x Run/Brake/Turn Adapters 68000137 (this is for the underseat connection)
1x 70697-10 LED "Lighting" harness for the tour pack (this is the harness for the light bar and 3 M7's wired up to a spare battery - I am only using it for the light bar currently)

Note I am using this with the Filler panel lights as well - So you will see I am "double-T'ed" on the rear STT circuit.

70697-10 Harness

Last edited by Rocketman83; 04-05-2024 at 06:26 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rocketman83:
bklynbob (04-07-2024), gonemad (05-25-2024), Lu (04-08-2024)
Old 04-06-2024, 11:25 AM
Toe Knee
Road Master

Same one Hulks put on his in the OP. On Amazon, XMT Moto I believe. There are a ton of vendors selling this Chineseum variant. $137, gloss black. I recommend the Hog Workz mounting plate and hardware as Hulks recommended, $50, and get a Harley OE lock set for $31 keyed to your bike’s key. You just need the key code off your key to order it from a dealer. The Chinese lock is really terrible. $200 all in. I re-drilled the tour pak to mount it further back running the “two-up” seat.

This is the latest iteration. Harley front fender rail/trim. ’61-’62 tank badge. Road Glide seat I had in the attic off a ’22, which I believe is what they run on a 2024 Road King Special, FWIW. And a Grasshopper removable backrest I had in the attic. It is surprisingly comfortable in this configuration. HD Circulator seat cushion is on it in the pic. 12” KST Straightjacket handlebars.

Running the tour pak further back with the two up seat. Hadn’t installed the tank badges yet.
I guess for the $ and lack of other options, I'll look into one. thanks for the tip with the mounting plate. have you experienced any issues with the lock in the tourpak?

Old 04-06-2024, 11:40 AM
gonemad
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Toe Knee
I guess for the $ and lack of other options, I'll look into one. thanks for the tip with the mounting plate. have you experienced any issues with the lock in the tourpak?
The lock that comes with it is fairly useless. Doesn’t hold the lid closed securely against the weather stripping in the lid.

Order the Harley lock that Hulks has posted in the accessory list in his sig line. Call a dealer, have them order it, give them your key code and it will be shipped to them matching your key. $31 shipped for me, no discount. You might need to take a small file with a radius (rat tail file will work, or a $4 pack of needle files from Harbor Freight) and open the hole in the ABS lid just a smidge to get the Harley lock to fit.

Toe Knee (04-08-2024)

Quick Reply: The 2023 Road King FLHR Lives On As The FLHP