Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos of Luggage mounted on your Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 08:59 PM
Junior in NE
Road Master
Received 700 Likes on 209 Posts

This is how I did mine when I had it, loaded for a 10 day trip.

Old 09-06-2022, 09:09 PM
Tony_N
Road Master
Received 255 Likes on 177 Posts
Old 09-07-2022, 10:04 AM
Howler_LI
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Reilly
Sorry.. It was Howler Li’s
It's a Harley bag by SAC. I don't see the exact one in either one's current online store. It is like brand-new but must be out of date.

Old 09-07-2022, 02:08 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,578 Likes on 679 Posts

Bike is gone but this was going to Daytona Bike Week in 2016

Old 09-09-2022, 01:29 AM
cowboydoc
Road Warrior

Received 1,142 Likes on 468 Posts

Not a Street Glide but here is how I have done it in the past:

H-D rolling bag on the passenger seat makes a nice backrest.

H-D rolling bag on the luggage rack and Saddlemen roll duffel on the passenger seat.

This is how I do it now:

Tour pack has plenty of room.

This is packed for me and two other people riding sport bikes when we went to Colorado last year. I felt sorry for them having to wear backpacks with all their stuff.

The following 2 users liked this post by cowboydoc:
johndoe297 (09-09-2022), talkingrock (09-16-2022)
Old 09-13-2022, 06:04 PM
Street Glider Rider
Novice
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's my '15 SGS loaded as it was before the next day's Iron Butt Saddle Sore 1000 in July and then also later for a one week, 700 mile solo ride to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and back in August.

While I certainly didn't need this much storage room during the SaddleSore, I still included the H-D Onyx Premium Luggage Touring Bag for both comfort and practice before Sturgis. The only differences between the SS1000 and Sturgis rides were that instead of having mostly empty bags during the Iron Butt 1,000 mile ride, for Sturgis I had a 2-man tent in one saddle bag; an air mattress in the other; a sleeping bag in the touring bag; and, of course a number of different clothes, foods, rain gear and whatever else would fit in the remaining room for a one week tent camping trip at Glencoe.

In the end, both rides went VERY well from both comfort and efficiency points of view and most importantly, proved to myself that I certainly don't need to own no stinking Ultras anymore!

Loaded for the next day's IBA SS1000 in July

Last edited by Street Glider Rider; 09-13-2022 at 06:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NorthWestern (09-13-2022)
Old 09-13-2022, 06:08 PM
Street Glider Rider
Novice
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

@Reilly I like your ride and your manner of packing it inspired me to consider adding a second H-D Onyx Premium Luggage Touring Bag to the one I already use and placing them both back-to-back around the sissy bar. Thank you for the idea and I now see no reason why it wouldn't work

Last edited by Street Glider Rider; 09-13-2022 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-14-2022, 04:05 PM
Reilly
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Old Luggage vs. New Luggage

I have been using two Saddleman luggage bags for years and they worked just fine. The only issues I had were attaching and detaching, it would take much longer than everyone else. They would all be checked in and up in the rooms and I would still be outside. The other issue was how to bring along a full face helmet. I would stack it up on the roll bag and use a tie-down net. So right before the pandemic I had purchased an HD Onyx bag to replace my large Saddleman and after seeing all of your great rides and set-ups I found a Nelson-Rigg Weekender bag that holds a full face helmet to replace the old sun worn Saddleman Roll bag. Thank you all very much I am now ready for my trip to The Dragon. Here are pictures of the old and new setups. Thank you very much for helping decide how to go forward.

NEW luggage

OLD luggage

The following users liked this post:
Street Glider Rider (09-17-2022)
Old 09-16-2022, 09:03 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,196 Likes on 3,374 Posts

Originally Posted by Reilly
I have been using two Saddleman luggage bags for years and they worked just fine. The only issues I had were attaching and detaching, it would take much longer than everyone else. They would all be checked in and up in the rooms and I would still be outside. The other issue was how to bring along a full face helmet. I would stack it up on the roll bag and use a tie-down net. So right before the pandemic I had purchased an HD Onyx bag to replace my large Saddleman and after seeing all of your great rides and set-ups I found a Nelson-Rigg Weekender bag that holds a full face helmet to replace the old sun worn Saddleman Roll bag. Thank you all very much I am now ready for my trip to The Dragon. Here are pictures of the old and new setups. Thank you very much for helping decide how to go forward.

NEW luggage
That new NR luggage looks very close to the HD Onyx stuff, they must make it for HD, I suspect?
I run a very similar set up (the previous version bag) to hold my FF helmet on long trips.

Old 09-27-2022, 09:26 AM
Exfatboy
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My Sturgis setup. Saddleman sissy bar bag along with a Lazy Rider behind me.

Quick Reply: Photos of Luggage mounted on your Street Glide