Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat baggers Inc

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2023, 10:07 PM
Sandwiz
Club Member
Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

I own as my THIRD set of bars on my 2014 SGS these: (that’s "on" the bike)
I had a few others in my garage but did not have to install to see they were no better, and sent them back!

Fat Baggers Inc (FBi) bars 1¼" Pointed Top Handlebar- 11" Reduced Reach- Chrome- 08-22
In trying to get more "pull back", and these finally accomplished that.
The Paul Yaffe Monkey bagger bars are the second most pull back but all the other are close to that it seems...

THESE BARS ARE GREAT!! Extremely well made!!!!!
As far as the make\fit and finish there is nothing out there as good, period (IMHO) oh, there is good and very good but these are the best made again because of how they are made, check out the web site on the process and once you get a pair you well see.
They mean it when they say "EZ pull" of wires because, there are NO sharp edges\corners to get around on the INSIDE of the bars and there are NO other bars that claim that.
In fact, it was harder for me to get my wires OUT of my First and Second set of bars then it was to pull them thru these bars. Just clean and simple.

These are literality made very differently than all the other bars out there.

They ship in a box half the size because its two half’s, wired but cool!
As for the bolt in the center, to the skeptics I say get over it! (I was a bit skeptic when I bought them BUT, was nothing but impress when I got my hands on them)
Just because you have never seen it doesn’t mean it's bad.
As for strength I say they are as strong if not STRONGER in the middle!
WHY because they are SOLID (CNC'ed) metal in the middle Notched and then a stainless-steel bolt put thru, very clean, very secure.
And ALSO as far as Strength goes BECAUSE you are going larger\higher than the stock bars you should also be using something like these:
“PYO:SRC-1.00 Super Clamp 1 Piece Riser Clamp” - A full clamp, which ANY bars above stock should use as opposed to those two individual clamps which and slip.
“DragS-290573 Riser Bushings” - Rubber Bushings to replace the aluminum ones that are stock

With this setup you will have no worries!

The following users liked this post:
Steelie68 (10-16-2023)
Old 10-16-2023, 06:11 PM
TnFatboy
Road Master
Received 434 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
At you height and arm length I would suggest the standard bars in 12 or 14...I'm 5'9 with a 32" sleeve and the reduced reach bars are perfect with about 1-2" of forward adjustment left.
golfblues, out of curiosity have you tried their standard reach 12” bars ? I’m asking because I am pretty close to you in size, my arms might be a tad shorter, but I have a set of KST 12 inch bars on my SG. My only complaint with them is not enough pullback, and after reading this thread and checking FBI’s website, they (Fat Baggers) claim 9 inches of pullback on their standard reach bars. I looked at KST’s site, and the bars I installed only have 6, and it seems to me that extra 3 inches of pullback would be plenty. According to their numbers the reduced reach have 12 inches of pullback.
I also wonder if these companies arrive at their numbers the same way, meaning is there any variance where and how they are measuring.
Thanks !

Old 10-16-2023, 06:19 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

I had the standard FBI 12-in bars on my bike for about 6 months and they were definitely too far forward and too wide for me. It was tough on slow speed maneuvers. When I put the reduced reach on I had much more control of the bike and a much better riding position. Plus they're a little narrower than the Standard 12 inch bars and that was a plus so I've been happy ever since

Old 10-16-2023, 07:57 PM
TnFatboy
Road Master
Received 434 Likes on 236 Posts

Good to know, I might have to give the reduced reach bars a serious look. Mine are pretty wide too, it’s not an issue while cruising but like you, I really notice it during slow speed maneuvers

Old 10-16-2023, 07:59 PM
Sandwiz
Club Member
Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by TnFatboy
golfblues, out of curiosity have you tried their standard reach 12” bars ? I’m asking because I am pretty close to you in size, my arms might be a tad shorter, but I have a set of KST 12 inch bars on my SG. My only complaint with them is not enough pullback, and after reading this thread and checking FBI’s website, they (Fat Baggers) claim 9 inches of pullback on their standard reach bars. I looked at KST’s site, and the bars I installed only have 6, and it seems to me that extra 3 inches of pullback would be plenty. According to their numbers the reduced reach have 12 inches of pullback.
I also wonder if these companies arrive at their numbers the same way, meaning is there any variance where and how they are measuring.
Thanks !
as I said in my post, I have tried more then a few! I have talked to more then a few and the answer to "arrive at their numbers the same way," is an emphatic NO.
BUT with that said, the guys saying 9" are further back then the ones saying 6" and the extended reach of the FBI bars are just that!! they are with out a doubt the furthest pull back BAR-NON.

That is what I needed do to an injury to my left elbow meaning I cant fully extend it any more so my reach is reduced (by about 3") and I am 5'9" with relatively short arms already.
They allow me to hold the bars finger tips (well just a bit more, mid knuckle) while being fully up right and back against my seat rest and they are the ONLY ones that allow that much reach for me...

Old 10-21-2023, 08:49 AM
dmonger
Road Master
Received 193 Likes on 126 Posts

Fat Baggers has some good products but, don't expect any sort of customer service if you have a question or issue.

Old 10-21-2023, 09:43 AM
HM_SanDiego
Road Captain
Veteran: Navy
Received 242 Likes on 176 Posts

I will echo the OP’s assessment on the FBI 11” reduced reach bars!

I am 5’10”, and my bike came to me with the LA Choppers 10” on when i purchased it. While I really liked the looks and style of the LA bars, they simply had me leaning forward and I couldn’t lean back into my backrest, and my arms would go numb fairly quickly, and slow speed maneuvers were very awkward, and this was with the LA bars adjusted as far backward as possible - I literally has a credit card clearance to the tank with the bars turned to full left lock.

I spent a lot of time reading, looking, and asking questions, and I narrowed my search to the Khrome Werks 2+2 sweepers, and the FBI reduced reach bars. Essentially i believe that similar results can be obtained with the 2+2 sweeper bars, and I believe they are slightly narrower (which works for a lot of riders), in the end for the the styling of the FBI bars is much better (for me) - the Sweepers simply remind me and others of GoldWing bars…..

I was on the phone with a shop ordering my Road Sofa Seat, and asked the question out about bars, and my dilemma, and he recommended the FBI bars, and offered me a discount, so i made the choice, and I and Very Happy with the FBI bars. I had a local shop install them, and I was able sit on the bike to make the final adjustments, and I believe i gained almost 4 inches of additional Pullback over the LA bars, and now have a much more controlled and comfortable ride.

Old 10-21-2023, 09:52 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by dmonger
Fat Baggers has some good products but, don't expect any sort of customer service if you have a question or issue.
I had the opposite experience when I purchased my reduced reach bars from them and had great customer service

Old 10-21-2023, 10:29 AM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member
Received 874 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
I had the opposite experience when I purchased my reduced reach bars from them and had great customer service
I also experienced great customer service the 3 times I called them. Each time I called I was able to speak with a tech or a product developer and was able to get some very useful info.

Old 10-21-2023, 10:42 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Redrodyankneck
I also experienced great customer service the 3 times I called them. Each time I called I was able to speak with a tech or a product developer and was able to get some very useful info.
I even got a discount as I was one of the first to buy these bars! 🙂

Quick Reply: Fat baggers Inc