Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat baggers Inc

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2023, 08:44 PM
TnFatboy
Road Master
Received 434 Likes on 236 Posts

It’s all good, I’ll just grab one in the morning from my kit. Thanks for posting that, though, now I will have the right bolts beforehand.

Old 12-20-2023, 02:17 PM
TnFatboy
Road Master

Originally Posted by HM_SanDiego
Sound logic getting longer bolts - good choice - I had a local shop install mine, so they would have grabbed new/longer bolts as needed - can’t wait to hear how TNFatboy likes the FBI bars
Well with any luck, the bars will arrive tomorrow like they’re supposed to, and I’ll get them installed Friday. I’m Weather app is calling for upper 50’s to low 60’s from Friday through Sunday with no rain, so I should be able to get a nice little ride in. I also did some fork work so I’m very anxious to get back on my baby and see how everything feels. I should’ve switched bars back when I first started reading this thread…

Old 12-20-2023, 03:14 PM
COZWV
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Got my second set for the new bike coming tomorrow. Love them!

Old 12-20-2023, 04:30 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by TnFatboy
Well with any luck, the bars will arrive tomorrow like they’re supposed to, and I’ll get them installed Friday. I’m Weather app is calling for upper 50’s to low 60’s from Friday through Sunday with no rain, so I should be able to get a nice little ride in. I also did some fork work so I’m very anxious to get back on my baby and see how everything feels. I should’ve switched bars back when I first started reading this thread…
Mine have been on for 3 years and no problems with the top clamp on my street glide. I put the neo busings on too. All worked with the stock bolts. You will be very happy

Old 12-21-2023, 07:44 PM
kevin_n
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 140 Posts

Didn’t replace the clamp when I installed them on my bike. I bought Harley poly bushing when I installed the bars and the bolts that came with the bushing were plenty long.

Old 12-23-2023, 10:12 AM
TnFatboy
Road Master

Does anyone know the torque spec for the riser bolts ? I’m not seeing it in the useless instructions, or in my service manual which the worthless instructions tell me to refer to. I’m not seeing anything on the risers in my manual in fact… don’t know if it’s a big deal or not, but considering I’m installing these new poly bushings it would be nice to know the recommended torque.
Thanks

Old 12-23-2023, 10:29 AM
TnFatboy
Road Master

Also having a bit of trouble getting the new bushings in. I tried a dab of grease but so far no success. I’m sure ill get them but if anyone has any useful tips I’d greatly appreciate it !

Old 12-23-2023, 10:48 AM
HM_SanDiego
Road Captain
Veteran: Navy
Received 242 Likes on 176 Posts

Does anyone know the torque spec for the riser bolts ? I’m not seeing it in the useless instructions, or in my service manual which the worthless instructions tell me to refer to. I’m not seeing anything on the risers in my manual in fact… don’t know if it’s a big deal or not, but considering I’m installing these new poly bushings it would be nice to know the recommended torque.
Thanks
Believe they are:
Riser bolts are 30-40 ft-lbs.
Clamp bolts are 16-20 ft-lbs

Old 12-23-2023, 11:12 AM
TnFatboy
Road Master

Thanks. I got the bushings in by using a longer bolt through the top and a nut on the bottom to pull them in. Also soaked the bushings in hot water for a bit (they were in my shed previously so the were very stiff).

Old 12-23-2023, 11:50 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Also having a bit of trouble getting the new bushings in. I tried a dab of grease but so far no success. I’m sure ill get them but if anyone has any useful tips I’d greatly appreciate it !
Thanks. I got the bushings in by using a longer bolt through the top and a nut on the bottom to pull them in. Also soaked the bushings in hot water for a bit (they were in my shed previously so the were very stiff).
Hot water would expand them. Putting them in the freezer for minutes would have made it really easy

Quick Reply: Fat baggers Inc