Sponsored by:

Wireless apple carplay with boom gts

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2020 | 10:15 PM
jamesmbond7
|
1st Gear
Default Wireless apple carplay with boom gts

Anyone have success with a USB dongle for wireless apple carplay. I know my boom gts supports carplay but not sure if those USB to wireless adapters for carplay work with Harley system. Those product web sites only list some car manufacturers they support.

Would like to keep phone in pocket as it doesn't fit in the little dash compartment on my street glide.

The following users liked this post:
Former USMC (07-15-2021)
Old 08-05-2020 | 10:37 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member

I was wondering the same thing. Only thing i do like that the plug charges the phone as well as connecting to carplay

Old 09-21-2020 | 07:32 PM
HFS
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Hello,

Any luck with this..?

I was reading there is an option to turn on in the Harley-Davidson tech tool [similar to flashing the eq to flat.]

It'd be awesome to leave the phone in your pocket, as I know my iPhone X definitely won't fit in the holder...

Could be BS though, perhaps there is someone with access to the GTS and the tech tool.

H

Old 09-21-2020 | 07:39 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by FLHXHS
Hello,

Any luck with this..?

I was reading there is an option to turn on in the Harley-Davidson tech tool [similar to flashing the eq to flat.]

It'd be awesome to leave the phone in your pocket, as I know my iPhone X definitely won't fit in the holder...

Could be BS though, perhaps there is someone with access to the GTS and the tech tool.

Old 09-22-2020 | 08:56 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member

I am curious as to what component (usb to wireless) you are referring to? Curious Minds Want to Know. I might be willing to try this if not super expensive, I have Diag4Bike software and can make the necessary changes to the radio head unit

Old 09-22-2020 | 03:43 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by GlidingJoe
I am curious as to what component (usb to wireless) you are referring to? Curious Minds Want to Know. I might be willing to try this if not super expensive, I have Diag4Bike software and can make the necessary changes to the radio head unit
This or a similar device.
https://carplay2air.com/

Old 09-23-2020 | 08:42 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member

I have been reading about carplay2air - you can get these and other models on Amazon. This looked like a solution to my concerns - however, further review showed there may be some connectivity issues with either my car or, the updated bike radio (if I get it).

For me, the car is no problem - have plenty of room. The bike is where I need it. Perhaps I will write the Amazon seller for more info and compatibility.

Old 09-23-2020 | 12:19 PM
HFS
Club Member
Riders Club Member

The way the post went (on road glide forums) was that there is a software switch that can be enabled to allow CarPlay over Bluetooth.

I don't have any software or programming information on the GTS (or any Harley-Davidson stuff other than TTS). So I was curious if / what options there might be.

I know Harley-Davidson defaults aren't necessarily what I'd set for options.

Thanks
Harry

Old 09-23-2020 | 07:34 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by FLHXHS
The way the post went (on road glide forums) was that there is a software switch that can be enabled to allow CarPlay over Bluetooth.

I don't have any software or programming information on the GTS (or any Harley-Davidson stuff other than TTS). So I was curious if / what options there might be.

I know Harley-Davidson defaults aren't necessarily what I'd set for options.

Thanks
Harry
Not many cars have CP over BT option currently. And H-D certainly doesn't have that (currently).

Old 06-08-2021 | 08:28 AM
Trshot
Stage III

The dongle does work with 2019 + GTS units. Its a plug and play that take minutes to install. I've installed several so far.
Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: Wireless apple carplay with boom gts