Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GTS S/W released today

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 07:39 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,988 Likes on 2,365 Posts

New update still has issues with iPhone Connecting via usb. Most the time it does, but last two days it did not. would have to shut bike off wait 5 minutes and restart. Should not be s pain in the *** like this. CarPlay will not connect if iPhone is not connected via usb. Then some times it comes up fine when you start the bike, other times it does not. My cord is an apple cord, five days old.

Sad Harley cant get something so simple to work right. My 17 truck connects every time and works, same with my 18 car. Never had to do as software update.

The following users liked this post:
mickelsons (08-24-2020)
Old 08-19-2020, 10:57 AM
mickelsons
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mrlexus
I installed this update before I left for Sturgis. It eliminates the speed volume feature. It also caused the EITMS to only display "deactivated" no matter if it's on or not. (you can still tell by the color of the cruise indicator on the speedo when you turn it on or off). It also seemed to make my radio not as loud as it was before. I went back to the previous version I had as soon as I got back home.
I had to turn the speed volume back on in the settings, there were a couple other things that went back to factory settings when I did the upgrade.

Old 08-23-2020, 03:09 PM
rmc115
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
New update still has issues with iPhone Connecting via usb. Most the time it does, but last two days it did not. would have to shut bike off wait 5 minutes and restart. Should not be s pain in the *** like this. CarPlay will not connect if iPhone is not connected via usb. Then some times it comes up fine when you start the bike, other times it does not. My cord is an apple cord, five days old.

Sad Harley cant get something so simple to work right. My 17 truck connects every time and works, same with my 18 car. Never had to do as software update.
My 2019 Ram has had 2 radio updates and always something involving car play. I am glad they keep doing something. Mike

Old 08-23-2020, 07:13 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by mrlexus
I installed this update before I left for Sturgis. It eliminates the speed volume feature. It also caused the EITMS to only display "deactivated" no matter if it's on or not. (you can still tell by the color of the cruise indicator on the speedo when you turn it on or off). It also seemed to make my radio not as loud as it was before. I went back to the previous version I had as soon as I got back home.

I'm running the ".28" update in my 6.5GTS upgrade in my '14 FLHTK & also have the "deactivated" EITMS issue. Have an open ticket w/H-D Tech but have not gotten a solution from them yet.

Might try a new software update to see if that fixes it...

Old 08-23-2020, 07:52 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammz
I'm running the ".28" update in my 6.5GTS upgrade in my '14 FLHTK & also have the "deactivated" EITMS issue. Have an open ticket w/H-D Tech but have not gotten a solution from them yet.

Might try a new software update to see if that fixes it...
OK, so I reverted to the ".22" update (1st version of Android Auto) & EITMS issue still present so reinstalled the ".28" version. No love...

On a second note, all versions (original .28, reverted .22 & reinstalled .28 all had the Speed Volume available.

Old 08-24-2020, 06:23 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,988 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Originally Posted by rmc115
My 2019 Ram has had 2 radio updates and always something involving car play. I am glad they keep doing something. Mike
Didn't say I wasn't glad they are doing something. That said, they are slow about the fixes when car companies usually work right away. 7 plus months before the iPhone 11 Pro would make a call or receive one that you could hear. My truck and cars the iPhone 11 Pro worked day 1.