Sponsored by:

New GTS S/W released today

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 09:42 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
No worries Dave. Craig is going to report all these issues and they will get fixed. No sense complaining about them - Craig's got it. We've been doing it wrong this entire time..
Yes...you guys just attached a ten page report (double spaced) in a word file with your issues, wanna make sure I've got all the pertinent information. Pictures and videos of said issues are welcome, but only submit one issue at a time. I will then run them trough my contacts and get them fixed.

Of course I'll have to prioritizes them by what I personally feel is or is not a legitimate issue.

The following users liked this post:
lp (06-29-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 06:21 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,988 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
The iPhone 11 thing is fixed now so it is what it is. They were released around the same time so I can see why it was an issue. Did it take a while to fix, yes.
The next turn issues I haven't seen. It works on mine.
Ignoring a call...I've had that issue before, but it seems to have been fixed two updates ago.

I wish they would post the update notes again. It'd be nice to know what was addressed.

I'll say this...Harley has posted more radio update then Chrysler has in the last two years.

I'm having a intermittent issue with CarPlay now where the icon will come up but when I click it CarPlay is not opening up. I end up having to unplug the phone and plugging it back in. I'll call them today and report it.

As far as being a fan, I guess so. I wouldn't want another bike, and it would kind of make me foolish to keep buying something I don't like wouldn't it?
Here is my problem, took Harley 7 months to fix CarPlay and ability to make a phone call with my 19 CVO road glide? Why, no excuse when it works just fine in my wife's 2012 Range rover the day the iPhone 11 Pro was released.. No excuse when it worked just fine day one in my 17 F-150. Same with my 18 corvette, the 11 Pro worked just fine the day I got it. So it works fine in old vehicle but not a bran new 2019? Why 7 months to fix, when it works in all old stuff? I have never updated radio software in any of our three vehicles, because when we bought them they worked right.....

No the distance to next turn has not worked right for a long time. It does not work on anyones GTS. There is suppose to be an option to show distance to next turn, even if its 100 miles away from turn. That has bee a feature since 14, and was a feature on first software issue for the 2019 GTS. An update removed it. Now it only comes up and shows with less then a mile to turn.

Yesterday a spam call came in, I ignored it like I always do. And I had to go select XM radio again to get it to play music so it is not fixed.

Yes update notes should always be with the software update.

The reason Harley has so many updates is because they release an unfinished product un like the car companies. Most car owners would not tolerate the need to update their soft ware 4 or more times a year because it does not work right.

I have called and reported having to un plug and plug phone back in to get CarPlay to come up four times now. Sad, never have to do this in an 8 year old car, comes up every time.

Was a fan for a long long time. Heck have a HD tat. However quality and customer care has gone down very bad in the last ten years, and really accelerated in the last 5 years. My 19 CVO has had more warranty claims for shitty quality than my last 10 Harleys added together. I'm on the 4th set of front brake rotors due to warping. Have never replaced rotors on a Harley before and they have 45K miles on them when I trade. Seat has been replaced twice for excessive wear, the saddle bag for paint coming off, the front forks for paint coming off, and the list goes on.

So yea not much of a fan when you by the most expensive production motor cycle and it has **** poor quality. Not sure what my plan is for next bike.

eqcons (08-03-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 07:33 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
I have called and reported having to un plug and plug phone back in to get CarPlay to come up four times now. Sad, never have to do this in an 8 year old car, comes up every time.
Yesterday on my way home from work I plugged my phone in after I started my bike and CarPlay came right up. I stopped and got gas on the way home and left the phone plugged in. When I started the bike to leave CarPlay came right up so I’m not sure what the deal is. I have a reference number for the issue and the guy I talked to did call me back and said that it should come up in either situation, plug in before or after the bike is started. I've never had that till the previous update.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:02 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Rode yesterday with four stops. CarPlay worked fine after each stop, came right up. Maybe fixed maybe not as I have had days in the past where it worked right all day one day, then a battle to connect the next day.

Old 07-19-2020, 05:47 PM
mickelsons
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the same problems with CarPlay intermittently coming up, sometimes if I start the bike it comes right up other times I have to unplug it and re plug it in, and then sometime it won’t work at all and I’ll go to my wireless headset settings and it somehow disables itself, or it is stuck on connecting. Then next time it comes up perfectly. Way annoying when you pull over for a quick break and have to screw with it for 5 minutes while the rest of the riding crew are rolling their eyes at you...lol

FLSTFI Dave (07-21-2020)
Old 07-21-2020, 06:27 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

I have same issues as you. I just replaced the lightning cable yesterday. Will see if its any better. I have had it stop using CarPlay when riding, what a pain.

Old 08-02-2020, 09:31 AM
Dutchy3051
Tourer
Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Maurer
For those with GTS infotainment systems HD released another software update today.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...m-box-gts.html

version MY21.20.22.00
Is this compatible with my 2018 EG Ultra, Canadian bike? I'm not very tech savvy, but just download on a stick and hook up to bike with ignition on ACC and follow directions?
Thanks, Dutchy

Old 08-02-2020, 09:34 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dutchy3051
Is this compatible with my 2018 EG Ultra, Canadian bike? I'm not very tech savvy, but just download on a stick and hook up to bike with ignition on ACC and follow directions?
Thanks, Dutchy
Unless you swapped out the radio on your bike you don’t have a GTS, you have the GT 6.5. So no this is not compatible.

Old 08-18-2020, 07:23 AM
mrlexus
Road Captain
Received 184 Likes on 112 Posts

I installed this update before I left for Sturgis. It eliminates the speed volume feature. It also caused the EITMS to only display "deactivated" no matter if it's on or not. (you can still tell by the color of the cruise indicator on the speedo when you turn it on or off). It also seemed to make my radio not as loud as it was before. I went back to the previous version I had as soon as I got back home.

Old 08-18-2020, 03:59 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mrlexus
I installed this update before I left for Sturgis. It eliminates the speed volume feature. It also caused the EITMS to only display "deactivated" no matter if it's on or not. (you can still tell by the color of the cruise indicator on the speedo when you turn it on or off). It also seemed to make my radio not as loud as it was before. I went back to the previous version I had as soon as I got back home.
I checked both of these issue on my way home today. Both worked on my radio without issue.

Quick Reply: New GTS S/W released today