Sponsored by:

Security Modules acting up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 03:08 PM
slowrollin
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Security Modules acting up?

Security light comes on while riding and stays on. Sometimes it just stays lit (instead of blinking) when the bike is off. The owner's manual suggests my Security Module needs to be serviced? Shop says it's under the seat, but I don't see it. All I see is what I think is the Security module antenna and it's wires seem to run up under the tank somewhere. No reference to the Security Module in the maintenance guide either. Anyone know where it's located and how can I tell if it's that or the security module antenna?

Old 07-25-2019, 04:11 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

It’s accessed from behind the the side cover (right side I think). It may be listed as a TSSM in the service manual. (Turn signal security module) Or for some reason I think it might be listed as BSM
I have had had the red dot light come on while riding, and it turned out to be that my brake light switch on the switch pack (handle bar lever) was stuck.

I think that light light can also mean an issue with a bulb.

Check CK your brake light bulbs, and make sure it’s not stuck in an on position first.

Also so check and make sure your security works by Taking the fob away from the bike and make sure it doesn’t star.

Last edited by steelerdude1; 07-25-2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:31 PM
slowrollin
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
It’s accessed from behind the the side cover (right side I think). It may be listed as a TSSM in the service manual. (Turn signal security module) Or for some reason I think it might be listed as BSM
I have had had the red dot light come on while riding, and it turned out to be that my brake light switch on the switch pack (handle bar lever) was stuck.

I think that light light can also mean an issue with a bulb.

Check CK your brake light bulbs, and make sure it’s not stuck in an on position first.

Also so check and make sure your security works by Taking the fob away from the bike and make sure it doesn’t star.
Thanks Steelerdude! I will take a look at those things.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:50 AM
dkstuck
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also make sure fresh battery in FOB.