Sponsored by:

Good place for used saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 07:48 PM
Dave Fares
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good place for used saddlebags

I am trying to locate a right side Deep Jade Pearl/Vivid black saddle bag for a 2015 Ultra Limited. Anyone know of a good salvage yard, or place that specializes in used parts of that nature. Been scouring the internet but a lot of web sites are just search engine after engine without giving any real information.

I know its like finding a needle in a hay stack, but thought I would at least make all attempts in finding. Considering I have not even made the first payment and the damn thing was knocked off. I already put new locks on them, they will not get knocked off again.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:42 PM
chopper_man
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,662 Likes on 987 Posts

Does it have to be used? You should be able to order color matched from your dealer.

Old 06-20-2019, 05:33 AM
Dave Fares
Intermediate

It does not have to be used, but I wanted to at least see what may be available and possibly help another brother out with some cash. Harley wants way to much for the parts. I know there has to be a bag out there somewhere. They made more than one bike with these color schemes.
The bag I have is usable, just isn't the prettiest girl around. at least I have started to develop some history with the old girl

Old 06-20-2019, 07:42 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 658 Likes on 435 Posts

You don't order a new bag assembly, you have to order part by part- check out a parts microfiche and you'll see how many parts make up a saddlebag. Parts alone will run well over $1200- or more, and that doesn't include paying the dealer to assemble them, if you don't want to do it yourself. So hopefully you can locate a nice used one.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:12 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,208 Likes on 2,304 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Fares
I am trying to locate a right side Deep Jade Pearl/Vivid black saddle bag for a 2015 Ultra Limited. Anyone know of a good salvage yard, or place that specializes in used parts of that nature. Been scouring the internet but a lot of web sites are just search engine after engine without giving any real information.

I know its like finding a needle in a hay stack, but thought I would at least make all attempts in finding. Considering I have not even made the first payment and the damn thing was knocked off. I already put new locks on them, they will not get knocked off again.
I know what you're going through trying to find used parts. I tried and tried finding a front fender for my '14 Limited. Though I did find a couple, they were damaged and would have required repair and painting. I ended up having to get one from H-D.

Old 06-20-2019, 05:13 PM
ridingout
Road Captain
Received 255 Likes on 173 Posts

I think advan black offers them painted, if you have the old bag with hardware that might be affordable and new. good luck

Old 06-21-2019, 11:49 AM
TBagger
Tourer
Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

As mentioned, break it down as to what actual parts u need. Use Ronnie’s micro fish to help. U can order the color parts from the Moco. I had to do a bag and latch pieces couple years back and had like 6 or 7 bills into it. But if your going that far, the Advanblack would not be much more. Good luck !

Old 06-21-2019, 12:03 PM
Aitch
Tourer
Received 308 Likes on 144 Posts

I can't find a used drivers' side black floor mat for a 2011Hyundai Sonata. Good luck with a random, color-specific part from a specific model Harley Davidson.

Last edited by Aitch; 06-21-2019 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:45 PM
Dave Fares
Intermediate

The dealer is willing to work with me since I only had the cycle for a few weeks when it happened. looks like I can get her back to great looking shape in a few weeks.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:09 AM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,649 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Nice that the dealer is going to help you out with the cost.

Find your parts and part numbers here for future reference. :

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche..../showmodel.asp

Last edited by Cygnusx51; 06-22-2019 at 07:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Good place for used saddlebags