2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Have a Madstad on Their Ultra Limited?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 12:07 PM
DaveNBPT
Road Master
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Anyone Have a Madstad on Their Ultra Limited?

I'm considering a Madstad for my Limited and wondered if anyone here has one on theirs. I'd be curious to hear feedback and see pics from different angles. Thanks!
Dave

Old 06-10-2019, 07:59 PM
penmaker
Road Master
Received 449 Likes on 226 Posts

$250 for a windshield seems kinda steep to me. I had to look up what you were talking about because I had never heard of it.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:35 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

I found these on Aliexpress by accident. Not much for pictures of these either, but some of them look less bulky then the Madstad (I was looking at too).

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...ble+windscreen

Old 06-11-2019, 07:02 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,634 Likes on 1,179 Posts

Interested in this as well. I have one on my Triumph Tiger. They are NOTORIOUS for wind noise. So much so that taking the stock screen off actually makes it BETTER. With the Madstad.... zero. Not the best looking kid on the block but very functional. Looking forward to hearing some HD users' experiences

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 06-11-2019, 04:24 PM
DaveNBPT
Road Master

Originally Posted by load97
I found these on Aliexpress by accident. Not much for pictures of these either, but some of them look less bulky then the Madstad (I was looking at too).

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...ble+windscreen
Interesting. Looks like a Madstad knockoff, maybe.

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Interested in this as well. I have one on my Triumph Tiger. They are NOTORIOUS for wind noise. So much so that taking the stock screen off actually makes it BETTER. With the Madstad.... zero. Not the best looking kid on the block but very functional. Looking forward to hearing some HD users' experiences

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters
Definitely not a pretty set up, but I still might pursue.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:49 PM
Michael Haz
Cruiser
Received 97 Likes on 34 Posts

I don't have a Madstad on my Ultra Limited, although I tried one on a Victory and didn't like it at all.

On my 2017 Ultra Limited, I have a Freedom Shields touring windshield. I like it a lot, as does my passenger. Head buffeting is gone, still air in the cockpit.

The following users liked this post:
DaveNBPT (06-13-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 06:41 AM
VA_Larry
Road Captain
Received 123 Likes on 75 Posts

I have a Madstad on my 2015 FLHTK. I've ridden over 10,000 miles since putting it on last summer and I'm very happy with the results. I can lower it and/or tilt it for local riding on hot days or raise it for the interstate. I was fighting buffeting on the top of my helmet and it only settled for me after I put a 16" Freedom shield. I loved the wind coverage but I was left looking through the windshield all the time. With the Madstad I have some flexibility with height.

I also have the front fangs, triple tree "half dish", and DK Customs "wings" to try and prevent the buffeting from below. Only the taller shield or Madstad really helped with the issue I was having.

Old 06-13-2019, 05:45 AM
DaveNBPT
Road Master

Originally Posted by VA_Larry
I have a Madstad on my 2015 FLHTK. I've ridden over 10,000 miles since putting it on last summer and I'm very happy with the results. I can lower it and/or tilt it for local riding on hot days or raise it for the interstate. I was fighting buffeting on the top of my helmet and it only settled for me after I put a 16" Freedom shield. I loved the wind coverage but I was left looking through the windshield all the time. With the Madstad I have some flexibility with height.

I also have the front fangs, triple tree "half dish", and DK Customs "wings" to try and prevent the buffeting from below. Only the taller shield or Madstad really helped with the issue I was having.
Would love to see pictures of your Madstad. I too, have the fangs and triple tree wind deflector. I assume an easy install?

Old 06-13-2019, 06:03 AM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

I have never seen one on a batwing, but they are pretty popular on the shark nose. UGLY as all hell, but people that don’t care what they look like LOVE and SWEAR by them.

I am typically not a form over function guy, but they are way to ugly for me.

EDIT: I just looked at the Madstad website, and the batwing ones don’t look quite as ugly as the shark version.

Last edited by steelerdude1; 06-13-2019 at 06:08 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DaveNBPT (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 06:45 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

I had one on my 2011 RGU and I absolutely loved it. You can say what you want about the the looks, but it worked great. WE bought a 2018 CVO Limited and I was shocked by all the buffeting compared to the RGU. So far I have put a dog dish and a set of fangs on it. Both helped somewhat, but neither got me anywhere to close to what the RGU was. I has also tried several different windshields with generally Meh results.
So I bought and installed a Madstad for batwings this spring. Unfortunately due to stereo issues and other things I have a grand total of 1 hour of recreational riding time so far this year.
2 things I can tell you so far...
1) The large screen (13") is much better (less buffeting) than the shield that came on the bike.
2) The large screen (13") is for giants! I sit very high in the saddle and this windshield is too tall for me! I ran Madstad's biggest on my RGU with no problems, but on the CVO even sitting fully erect I am only at eye level with the to of the shield. So I have a medium (11") on order. Hopefully everything is about fixed on my bike (Grrrr!) and I can start riding it.

Quick Reply: Anyone Have a Madstad on Their Ultra Limited?