Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Headset Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 08:24 AM
mjmanna
Cruiser
Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Bluetooth Headset Issue

I am at my wits end on this. I have had the WHIM and a HD 20S EVO headset working for the last year and a half. Suddenly my headset unit would not charge nor would it turn on. I took it back to the dealer and they under warranty gave me a new HD 20S EVO unit - just the unit itself, no craddle or speakers since there was nothing wrong with mine

It paired to my Boom 6.5 no problem. The unit greets me with hello when I turn it on, it tells me it is paired to the Boom but I do not get any audio in my headset speakers from the bike. I can tune in FM stations using the 20S (not Boom) and hear them fine. I can use the commands to make a call using the Boom but no audio in headset. Been thru the settings but no avail still doesnt work. I unpaired the unit from the Boom and paired it to my phone and I can hear music from my phone just fine.

I have updated the 20S and the WHIM with the latest and greatest downloads from HD still no audio. I got to believe the problem is the bike. I find it hard to believe that my WHIM went bad at the same time the 20S did, besides the WHIM updated just fine to the new firmware (not that that means anything).

Can anyone help?

Old 06-07-2019, 08:30 AM
godzilla1964
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Haven't watched it myself but might help and/or won't hurt.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:50 AM
mjmanna
Cruiser

Thanks but I watched this too. I am taking the helmet and headset to the dealer this morning to see it I can find another WHIM equiped bike to pair the headset to and see if it works with anothe WHIM. Not buying anothe WHIM if its bad, just going back to corded headset.

Last edited by mjmanna; 06-07-2019 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:55 PM
mcouture
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

make sure the headset is NOT paired to your phone.

Old 06-07-2019, 04:03 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 301 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by mcouture
make sure the headset is NOT paired to your phone.
Exactly

The following users liked this post:
Circa58 (06-10-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 10:39 PM
Harleyrlb
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Do you have the sound directed to your headset instead of the speakers through the HU? Also make sure you turn up the volume on the headset.

Old 06-08-2019, 08:43 AM
mjmanna
Cruiser

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have been using this for one and a half years with no problem. Just replacing the 20S EVO sould have been a simple R&R, and re-pair to the WHIM. All functions work except audio in the headset. I can pair it to my phone and hear music just fine so I know the 20S is good. Yes I have the speakers set to headset. When I pair it to the WHIM (not aired to my Iphone) i can even make a call with voice commands but no audio, chage radio stations using voice commads, etc.. Called party hears me fine. I have plugged in a corded headset with the 20S paired and I get audio in the corded set.

So I removed the WHIM and all is well via corded headset.

Old 06-08-2019, 03:48 PM
Rhettm
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

So, there are a couple of other things you could try if you haven't already done so. Start with the Sena app on your iPhone and make sure the settings are correct in there. It is possible to have the music or other inputs turned all the way down and still hear other inputs loud and clear. As previously stated, make sure that you pair to the WHIM FIRST. Pair your phone to the bike. If it is working in some modes, my guess is there is something set incorrectly in the app.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:35 AM
Old Nerd Harley
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have finally found a work around for the echo problem with Sena Freewire! First, pair your phone with both the Sena headset device your are using and the Harley Boom System. Go into Harley boom system and go into bluetooth devices connected. Click on your phone device that is connected to Boom. Disconnect "for Phone Connection". Leave your connect for audio connected in this section. Now go to your phone and go into connections/bluetooth. Connect your phone for only phone and not audio. Now, go into your audio routing section of your boom system. Make sure your audio routing is set to COM. Exit audio routing. Now your phone will be connected to your headset in your helmet and will not have an echo like when connected to boom. You can even use Sena speed dial and voice commands from your helmet! Music will play from the freewire/boom system into your helmet. If you get a call, the music will stop and you can answer the phone from the helmet or your phone if its mounted where you can access it. You just won't be able to answer the phone from the boom system. Other than that the phone call voice is extremely clear with no echo. Much better quality than the freewire connection. And music is great. One more tip, make sure you go into your phone audio settings and adjust your EQ for the best sound that suits you. And, if there is a sound enhancement setting click that too! It will improve the music sound in your helmet for sure. Now we have the best of both worlds!

Old 06-10-2021, 08:38 PM
coop creek
Road Captain
Received 116 Likes on 78 Posts

wrong thread

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Headset Issue