Adding a tourpak

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 11:41 AM
piper59
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,230 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by alarmdoug
Well, I just ordered this.
I would have bought the Harley, but they were in disbelief when HD part department saw that HD calls AMBER WHISKEY obsolete color (painted bikes up to 2016 in this color) ...anyway, would have had to get a primed tourpack and get it painted locally.

So instead for less then $800 included taxes and shipping I order this off Amazon. Chopped tour pack with full warp around backrest for the wife, Im sure it will be good for what I want. I will have to buy the mount and luggage rack, no big deal, in fact after seeing that photo above I might go for a black luggage rack instead of chrome, that maroon bike above looks great with it.

This is what I bought - click

Thanks,I'm assuming thats my bike with the black luggage rack your talking about(it's red.Only one I saw with a luggage rack).I thought it might look funny with the chrome latches & lock but it looks ok to me.Although the tour pak is HD,the luggage rack I bought was from Advan Black.Was concerned about fitment but it bolted up perfectly with the marks on the underside of the HD tourpak lid.

Old 05-04-2019, 03:19 PM
gghostrrider
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My paypal is pobama3000@gmail.com. If you send the invoice I’ll pay the deposit. Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Roadie13
Anyone is welcome to use it. I ask for a deposit via PayPal and ship it to you. When I get it back I return the deposit in full minus my shipping cost over $10. I'm in upstate NY, shipping typically ranges from $8-$20, all the way to west coast would be more probably. The deposit simply covers my cost if someone decides to keep it or trash it and I have to find a new one. If it was a paper template I'd just drop it in the mail for free in an envelope, but it's an actual base plate from a light bar so it goes in a decent size box.

Old 05-05-2019, 07:37 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,193 Likes on 563 Posts

Originally Posted by gghostrrider
My paypal is pobama3000@gmail.com. If you send the invoice I’ll pay the deposit. Thanks in advance.
Just sent it, I can have it in the mail tomorrow.

Old 05-05-2019, 08:03 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by piper59
Thanks,I'm assuming thats my bike with the black luggage rack your talking about(it's red.Only one I saw with a luggage rack).I thought it might look funny with the chrome latches & lock but it looks ok to me.Although the tour pak is HD,the luggage rack I bought was from Advan Black.Was concerned about fitment but it bolted up perfectly with the marks on the underside of the HD tourpak lid.
Yeah, the black luggage rack kind of fits with your bike, the darker paint color plus the top end of the bike is black from the the fairing across the seats to the luggage rack.
Dont think it would work with my RK, All Chrome from Handle Bars, light colors except for the seat.

I am trying to decide if I get the HD or Advan, both come in black or chrome, whatever I decide, its good to know the holes would be in the same place.
In this case, HD parts going on aftermarket tour pack. VS aftermarket parts going on HD tourpack.

I am going to order the HD tourpack mount for the Advan Tourpack though so most likely will just get the HD luggage rack too. Luggage Rack is a must have for us can not be without one.

Last edited by alarmdoug; 05-05-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:37 AM
MNRiding
Cruiser
Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by alarmdoug

I am trying to decide if I get the HD or Advan, both come in black or chrome, whatever I decide, its good to know the holes would be in the same place.
In this case, HD parts going on aftermarket tour pack. VS aftermarket parts going on HD tourpack.

I am going to order the HD tourpack mount for the Advan Tourpack though so most likely will just get the HD luggage rack too. Luggage Rack is a must have for us can not be without one.
I have the Advan Black, on my 2017 Road king. Looks good, but is already cracked. If I were to buy again, I would definitely go with the HD.

Last edited by MNRiding; 05-05-2019 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:04 AM
Circa58
Club Member
Received 378 Likes on 205 Posts

Why do uyou think it cracked?

Old 05-05-2019, 09:06 AM
Mac daddy 103
Road Master
Received 211 Likes on 127 Posts

I learned my lesson..... buy H-D tour pak!!!!

Old 05-05-2019, 09:26 AM
MNRiding
Cruiser
Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Circa58
Why do uyou think it cracked?
I am guessing because it is not as high quality as the HD. Luckily for me is only use it a couple of times a year.

Last edited by MNRiding; 05-05-2019 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:47 AM
Circa58
Club Member

Is the HD pack made of ABS too?

If it is, then it can only be a thickness of material issue., ..... OR maybe ....f it is molded with Virgin ABS material or ABS with regrind and what percentage of regrind is used.

Old 05-05-2019, 11:53 AM
Circa58
Club Member

Is that the hinge area?

Originally Posted by MNRiding
I have the Advan Black, on my 2017 Road king. Looks good, but is already cracked. If I were to buy again, I would definitely go with the HD.

Quick Reply: Adding a tourpak