|
Stage II
Default import incomplete nav database full

How do I clear my nav database. 2015 FLTRXS

Old 08-08-2018 | 03:15 PM
VA_Larry
Road Captain

1. Turn IGN OFF. Wait 15 seconds.
2. Press and hold power/mute button. Turn IGN? to ACC.
3. Continue to press power button for 2 seconds after the WARNING screen is displayed.
4. Release power/mute button and accept warning.
The service menu may display Diag Service not Availiable when a menu option is initially selected. This message will clear once the system has finished performing the power-on process. Options are: DTCs, Audio, Display, Key input, Component menus, Version info, Reset, Touchscreen.

Reset: Pre-calibration reset: Restores fatory default settings. This is recommended when there are radio symptoms and no DTCs*

Post calibration save: Archives customers settings so that they can be restored after a Post calibration Reset.

Post calibration reset: Resets the radio to factory default settings and restores the last archive data stored during Post calibration Save.

Old 08-08-2018 | 03:19 PM
cmccully
|
Stage II

It worked like a charm. Thanks for your help.
Craig

Old 09-03-2018 | 06:27 PM
Sillyusername
3rd Gear

I ran into the same issue, however when I did the reset, I still receive the Navdatabase is full message. For background as recommended by another post here. I created a GPX file using GPS Visualizer from a route I created in Google Maps. Everything seems to work fine, from recognizing the USB stick, to selecting Import to selecting the file. But once the import starts I receive the database full message.

Old 09-03-2018 | 09:27 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by Sillyusername
I ran into the same issue, however when I did the reset, I still receive the Navdatabase is full message. For background as recommended by another post here. I created a GPX file using GPS Visualizer from a route I created in Google Maps. Everything seems to work fine, from recognizing the USB stick, to selecting Import to selecting the file. But once the import starts I receive the database full message.

What's the size of your GPX file? I've seen GPX files created in certain software that contain tons of extra data that isn't used or needed for the 6.5GT.

Old 09-04-2018 | 07:32 AM
Sillyusername
3rd Gear

It's little over 1 MB, it's a 700 mile trip from Jacksonville FL to Summersville WV, taking back roads all the way. I used GPS Visualizer to create the GPX file from a Google Map route.

Old 09-04-2018 | 08:57 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by Sillyusername
It's little over 1 MB, it's a 700 mile trip from Jacksonville FL to Summersville WV, taking back roads all the way. I used GPS Visualizer to create the GPX file from a Google Map route.
I'm not familiar with GPS Visualizer, but a 1Mb GPS file is huge. Maybe try breaking it into smaller sections? If you're doing 700 miles in one day, perhaps split into AM/PM segments?

Old 09-04-2018 | 09:50 AM
Sillyusername
3rd Gear

Here's the link to GPS Visualizer http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/ it comes highly recommend from others on the board to translate Google Maps to a GPX file. I apprentice your assistance, but if I have to create two maps for a relatively short 700 mile trip it's not worth it and I'll just use my phone. After reading other post I'm guessing it's because HD's GPS interprets Google Maps turns as way points and the system is limited to just 25 way points. It's a shame the amount of money you pay for a GPS as part of system built in 2016 and it's limited on what it can do. Thanks again for taking the time to offer assistance.

Old 09-04-2018 | 01:21 PM
GaJayhawk
Tourer

My experience with the now Gen 1 of Harley's Boombox Navigation has been that regardless of which route planning software you use, eg HD Ride Planner or Google Maps converted to a GPX file, when you use a "Location" (as opposed to a waypoint) in your route planning, the Boombox stores that in your "Saved Locations". So, that means space in your available database memory is being used to hold those Location details. If you've loaded several routes over time, all of the Locations you used in your route planning are being stored in your Nav Database. Even if you delete the Trips from your Boombox, the Locations stay in your Saved locations eating up space. Waypoints are not saved like that, just locations. So, if you are getting the full Nav database error, in addition to deleting no-longer needed Trips, go in and take a look at how many saved locations you have when you click on the "Saved" button within the Navigation section of the Boombox. I'm pretty sure you'll find it is loaded up pretty full. Now, having said that, I haven't discovered a way to mass delete unwanted Saved locations. I've managed it by going in and doing a one-by-one delete when I'm done with a route and delete it from the Boombox. Be cautious, though, because there are some Saved locations you probably want to keep. For example, your home address for when you want to hit "Home" and get routing back to your home location, and possibly others. However, chances are that the bulk were saved as part of a planned trip, and are no longer of any use and are just eating space.

In your case, Sillyusername, your multi-day route may include a large number of "Locations" vs Waypoints. Don't know that to be the case, but the system stores information about Locations differently than Waypoints and that may be contributing to the lack of space in the Nav Database.

Last edited by GaJayhawk; 09-04-2018 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Add on...
Old 09-04-2018 | 02:36 PM
Sillyusername
3rd Gear

Thanks, I'll take a look when I get home. This is actually my first time trying to import a route as I rarely use the GPS. The imported map only has a start and finish location. I did do a full factory reset to try and clear the database as well.

Last edited by Sillyusername; 09-04-2018 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Add more info

Quick Reply: import incomplete nav database full