Vibration after service

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 06:36 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,168 Likes on 3,676 Posts

Originally Posted by WoodButcher66
Absolutely not! Did it get washed is not the issue. LOL
sometimes, washing the wheels loosens the glue on the weights and they come off... seen it happen, might sound funny but still a possibility...You obviously did something to make it happen so I am just offering other options.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:29 PM
WoodButcher66
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Notgrownup

sometimes, washing the wheels loosens the glue on the weights and they come off... seen it happen, might sound funny but still a possibility...You obviously did something to make it happen so I am just offering other options.
Don't take my response the wrong way. I appreciate your response and I will go home and look at the wheels to see if maybe a weight has come off. Hopefully there will be a mark if it did and I will be able to see it. But washing the wheels didn't make it happen. :-)

This vibration is winning this fight right now. I am temped to drain the primary for the BelRay and go back to 20W-50 in the primary just to see. I don't see how that could be the issue. But you never know. I can't find anything else so...
I am also beginning to wonder about the tires. Both tires LOOK good. The rear, a Dunlop American Elite (I think) has about 15,000 miles on it. The front is original with 26,000 on it. I have looked at them, but maybe something in going on I can't see.

Thanks again

Old 07-25-2018, 03:43 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Don't take my response the wrong way. I appreciate your response and I will go home and look at the wheels to see if maybe a weight has come off. Hopefully there will be a mark if it did and I will be able to see it. But washing the wheels didn't make it happen. :-)

This vibration is winning this fight right now. I am temped to drain the primary for the BelRay and go back to 20W-50 in the primary just to see. I don't see how that could be the issue. But you never know. I can't find anything else so...
I am also beginning to wonder about the tires. Both tires LOOK good. The rear, a Dunlop American Elite (I think) has about 15,000 miles on it. The front is original with 26,000 on it. I have looked at them, but maybe something in going on I can't see.

Thanks again
Pull the wheels and have them rebalanced.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:04 PM
chopper_man
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,665 Likes on 990 Posts

26k on a factory tire? Holy ****, that's amazing! Run your hand along the tire in both directions. If you can feel the edges of the tread then you have cupping that can cause a vibration.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:25 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,857 Likes on 1,603 Posts

When you did your service did you pull the right muffler or mess with the exhaust in any way?

Old 07-25-2018, 06:27 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Or take all the weights off and order ride on gel...I haven’t had weight or had my wheels balanced since I started using it. Smoooooove....

Old 07-25-2018, 08:21 PM
Kevin R
Tourer
Received 129 Likes on 73 Posts

There is no way you have that kind of mileage on your tires. I want to see a pic of these tires

Old 07-25-2018, 08:37 PM
WoodButcher66
Club Member

Originally Posted by chopper_man
26k on a factory tire? Holy ****, that's amazing! Run your hand along the tire in both directions. If you can feel the edges of the tread then you have cupping that can cause a vibration.
Well folks, I believe we may have a winner. I ran my hand along the tire and rotated it. There was no “cupping” to speak of. But there is defiantly a bump in one spot on the throttle side of the tire. The bump is about the size of the palm of my hand. I guess I got all the good out of this one. I’ll be ordering a new one tomorrow.

Thanks to to everyone so far. I’ll update after I get the tire on.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:45 PM
WoodButcher66
Club Member

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
Or take all the weights off and order ride on gel...I haven’t had weight or had my wheels balanced since I started using it. Smoooooove....
Ride on gel? Ive never heard of this before. I’ll have to look into this.
thanks

Old 07-26-2018, 06:02 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Ride on gel? Ive never heard of this before. I’ll have to look into this.
thanks
its a balancing and puncture sealer gel. I use to use Dyna beads and switched to Ride on gel..

Quick Reply: Vibration after service