Chopped tour pak backrest pad - need mounting hole dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 04:55 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,192 Likes on 562 Posts
Default Chopped tour pak backrest pad - need mounting hole dimensions

I've got a king tour-pak and will not be mounting speaker pods so don't like the look of the king backrest pad with arms. I want to mount a chopped tour pak pad but don't know how they bolt up. Could someone with a chopped tour-pak pad get me some dimensions - how far apart are the holes and how many are there?

I already checked the HD website to try the instructions - typical crap, half the pads show pictures of a king pak pad and the only instructions for a chopped didn't show a pic of the pad at all. Dealer doesn't have one in stock so can't swing by there either. Thanks in advance and ride safe.

I've got a Corbin seat and thought about their version to match the seat. Called them 2x and got 2 different people, apparently it was let stupid people answer the phone day.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:58 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadie13
I've got a king tour-pak and will not be mounting speaker pods so don't like the look of the king backrest pad with arms. I want to mount a chopped tour pak pad but don't know how they bolt up. Could someone with a chopped tour-pak pad get me some dimensions - how far apart are the holes and how many are there?

I already checked the HD website to try the instructions - typical crap, half the pads show pictures of a king pak pad and the only instructions for a chopped didn't show a pic of the pad at all. Dealer doesn't have one in stock so can't swing by there either. Thanks in advance and ride safe.

I've got a Corbin seat and thought about their version to match the seat. Called them 2x and got 2 different people, apparently it was let stupid people answer the phone day.
The Hd one has a paper pattern with it. Just tape and mark,drill.

The following users liked this post:
Roadie13 (07-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 07:42 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

I recently put a chopped tour pack pad on my king tour pack. Cover a few inches of the top and front of TP with painter's tape. Mark a center line on TP and backrest. Coat the front of the bolts on the backrest with lipstick, carefully line up your center lines and press back rest pad bolts against the tape. Your bolt holes will be transferred to the tape, drill holes and remove tape...perfect alignment.

The following users liked this post:
Roadie13 (07-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 08:08 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by BARACU
I recently put a chopped tour pack pad on my king tour pack. Cover a few inches of the top and front of TP with painter's tape. Mark a center line on TP and backrest. Coat the front of the bolts on the backrest with lipstick, carefully line up your center lines and press back rest pad bolts against the tape. Your bolt holes will be transferred to the tape, drill holes and remove tape...perfect alignment.
I assume the chopped pad isn't wide enough to cover the outer holes in the lid for the king pads, how did you cover yours? I was planning on just buying some plugs from Lowe's or the Depot and painting with some touch up paint.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:40 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by Roadie13
I assume the chopped pad isn't wide enough to cover the outer holes in the lid for the king pads, how did you cover yours? I was planning on just buying some plugs from Lowe's or the Depot and painting with some touch up paint.
Yep...bought some 3/8" ones from Lowe's. The two holes on each side are pretty close together. The small 3/8' just fit without the heads touching each other.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:52 AM
Billman812
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm guessing you don't have a pad yet and are trying to get a layout. There are 3 bolts on mine, the 2 on top are about 9.5" apart and a center bottom point is about 1.5" below their center line. Hope that along with this crappy pic helps

Old 07-12-2018, 05:03 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Perfect guys. Exactly what I was looking for.

Old 07-30-2018, 03:53 PM
Billman812
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

little late, I know
My pad is off now if you want more info

Old 07-30-2018, 04:33 PM
VinceTheArchitect
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
Do you have a photo of that set up? I have thought about doing the same thing to my Ultra since I ride solo 99.999(repeating of course)% of the time.

Thanks!

Old 07-30-2018, 05:30 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by VinceTheArchitect
Do you have a photo of that set up? I have thought about doing the same thing to my Ultra since I ride solo 99.999(repeating of course)% of the time.

Thanks!
Took this right after I put it on. The wrinkles in the vinyl worked out with a little heat. This backrest was from Amazon and around $52. Mine is off 98% of the time.

Quick Reply: Chopped tour pak backrest pad - need mounting hole dimensions