Sponsored by:

Three week old Yuasa GYZ32HL dead?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018 | 07:08 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Kwayz
Ok, so I've been communicating with Yuasa over the past several days and they are trying to get the seller to handle the warranty but so far the seller hasn't contacted me. I'm still waiting to see if anything will come of it, but so far it looks like I'm just out of luck. I did look for a code on the battery but I didn't see one that was 10 digits. (Yuasa has not asked for the code and I didn't think to ask them about it.) Yuasa has been quick to respond but their stance is that warranty must be handled through the seller, and so far the seller has not responded to any of my attempts to contact them. I will hold off for a few days to give them time to make up their minds, and if they don't get back to me I'll let everyone know and I'll name the seller at that time so maybe nobody else will have to deal with them.

I bought the battery through Amazon.com, from a third party. I see that Amazon.com is selling the same battery directly, too. But just to let you know, Amazon.com is not one of Yuasa's preferred sellers, so you may want to take that into consideration if you decide to buy a Yuasa product from Amazon.com.
Sounds like you've thrown in the towel and are ready to concede defeat, I hope you're not gonna let these pr*#cks win!!! You made a purchase in good faith, paid your bill, know it's time for Yuasa or Task or SOMEBODY to step up and do the right thing. Mention to Yuasa that you're posting this entire episode on the HD Forum and it's gonna cost them BIG TIME if they don't step up to the plate and make this right, we're talking about an effin' $20 (probably their cost) outlay on their part...plus the damn battery is still under the 1 year warranty, shouldn't even be an issue!!! And start a Credit Card claim IMMEDIATELY, it's not that difficult. Your CC company works for you and they should fight to get your money back. I had an incident with a merchant several years ago, filed a claim with my CC company and had my $450 back within 2 months...and the deceitful merchant never retrieved his merchandise, I still have it in the garage. PLEASE don't let these bastards get away with this!!!!

Old 06-15-2018 | 09:01 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member

We have given him a number of solutions. In my opinion, it is all up to him.

Old 06-15-2018 | 09:47 PM
Ilikeyourthinking
|
Intermediate

Hey thanks for all the feedback everyone. I was getting nowhere with the company I purchased the battery from(SASK Battery) and really my only recourse was Dawn, the customer service rep at Yuasa.
Since Sask Battery had no interest in giving me the satisfaction of honoring the warranty, Dawn took it upon herself to look after me from her end . Yuasa is mailing me a brand new battery right from their company in Pennsylvania ! It should be arriving to my address this week.
Further to that, she will be investigating Sask Battery next week since they seem to be a poor representative of Yuasa's good product.
Hats off to this wonderful corporation with staff who know what true customer service is !

The following 2 users liked this post by Ilikeyourthinking:
IUOE ROB (06-16-2018), rwven (06-20-2018)
Old 06-16-2018 | 05:44 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ilikeyourthinking
Hey thanks for all the feedback everyone. I was getting nowhere with the company I purchased the battery from(SASK Battery) and really my only recourse was Dawn, the customer service rep at Yuasa.
Since Sask Battery had no interest in giving me the satisfaction of honoring the warranty, Dawn took it upon herself to look after me from her end . Yuasa is mailing me a brand new battery right from their company in Pennsylvania ! It should be arriving to my address this week.
Further to that, she will be investigating Sask Battery next week since they seem to be a poor representative of Yuasa's good product.
Hats off to this wonderful corporation with staff who know what true customer service is !
Good, glad SOMEBODY finally made it right!

Old 06-16-2018 | 07:49 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member

There appears to be a lot of unnecessary ***-pain involved when dealing with Yuasa batteries. Life's too short...

Old 06-16-2018 | 09:57 AM
macabra11
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Plow64
There appears to be a lot of unnecessary ***-pain involved when dealing with Yuasa batteries. Life's too short...
Unfortunately I think you're right, and thus I have purchased my last Yuasa battery. Next one will be a Big Crank.

Old 06-20-2018 | 08:12 AM
Kwayz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
Sounds like you've thrown in the towel and are ready to concede defeat, I hope you're not gonna let these pr*#cks win!!! You made a purchase in good faith, paid your bill, know it's time for Yuasa or Task or SOMEBODY to step up and do the right thing. Mention to Yuasa that you're posting this entire episode on the HD Forum and it's gonna cost them BIG TIME if they don't step up to the plate and make this right, we're talking about an effin' $20 (probably their cost) outlay on their part...plus the damn battery is still under the 1 year warranty, shouldn't even be an issue!!! And start a Credit Card claim IMMEDIATELY, it's not that difficult. Your CC company works for you and they should fight to get your money back. I had an incident with a merchant several years ago, filed a claim with my CC company and had my $450 back within 2 months...and the deceitful merchant never retrieved his merchandise, I still have it in the garage. PLEASE don't let these bastards get away with this!!!!
I really don't like letting them off the hook but I am out of options. The battery is supposed to have a 1 year warranty, but it is worthless if the seller won't honor the warranty. I bought the battery in January so it is too late to dispute the charges with the credit card company, they are saying there is a 90 day limit. It is past the 45 day limit that Amazon.com has imposed so they are no help, I can't even leave negative feed back for them now. I was told straight up from Yuasa via email that they do NOT do any warranty claims, it MUST go through the seller so there is no resolution coming from them, and the seller has refused to communicate with me in any form.

I have given them plenty of time and opportunities to work with me or even just flat out tell me that they are not going to do anything about it, yet they refuse to reply to my emails, and they won't answer the phone when I call. I know that they are aware of the situation because the rep at Yuasa has forwarded emails from the seller that she received from them concerning the situation. (The VERY nice lady at Yuasa has been trying very hard to get the seller to step up, but so far they have done nothing but avoid me.)

So, here ya go folks...the seller was Avid Cycles. www.avidcycles.com

12248 Industrial Blvd Suite A, Victorville, CA 92395

The Yuasa rep tells me that Avid Cycles is NOT a "preferred seller" (what ever that really means). She also says that Amazon.com is not a "preferred seller".

So if you want to buy a Yuasa battery, contact Yuasa first and make sure that you are buying from a "preferred seller", or you may find yourself in the same situation that I'm in.

Avid Cycles has high customer feedback ratings on Amazon.com, but after this I won't ever buy anything from them again.

If you do, I hope that you never have any warranty claims with them.

In the mean time, the OEM battery is showing its age, so I'm going to have to buy another new one to replace it (unless I want to risk being stranded somewhere), so looks like I'll have to choke on the loss and pony up more money for a new battery.

It won't be a Yuasa this time.

I truly hope none of you guys have this happen to you.

Last edited by Kwayz; 06-20-2018 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-20-2018 | 08:32 AM
Kwayz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Plow64
Yep. I'll be buying a different brand.

Old 06-20-2018 | 08:36 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member

Kwayz - you don't have to give up. My suggestion is that you take a little time and consider writing to the Better Business Bureau. In addition, you can send a follow-up to the California Attorney General's s Office - they handle license and regulations. I think you will discover that is a licensed burliness does not respond - even to a warranty claim, it will warrant a letter/message from the AG.

This all takes a little time - but, I firmly believe it is something you must consider. I promise you, I would do the same.

Good luck

Old 06-25-2018 | 11:19 AM
Kwayz
Cruiser

I wanted to give you guys an update. The Customer Service representative at Yuasa was able to get their Sales Manager involved and he contacted the seller on my behalf. The next day I received a message from Amazon.com saying that the seller had issued a refund for the full price of the battery to my credit card. I have never heard anything from Avid Cycles directly, not an email nor a phone call. The Yuasa Sales Manager also tried to call me but I was in a meeting so he left a voice mail message for me. The people at Yuasa have been very nice and they are the ones that were able to get Avid Cycles to do the refund.

Just wanted everyone to know that I have nothing but nice things to say about Yuasa, but do NOT buy one of their batteries from Avid Cycles.

Thanks for the suggestions and the encouragement!

Quick Reply: Three week old Yuasa GYZ32HL dead?