Sponsored by:

FP3 vs. Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner Pro

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 07:31 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by tpcowfish
Wow, that's pretty good service, I have had one for a while, put a cam in, called and they looked at the map and said it was good to go
Upload that map and send them an email saying you did. Ask them to tweak it if necessary. I did that a week ago Sunday afternoon. Got an email back at 8 that night saying it was done. Or as I have mentioned they can do it over the phone while are talking to them.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:22 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 193 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
Upload that map and send them an email saying you did. Ask them to tweak it if necessary. I did that a week ago Sunday afternoon. Got an email back at 8 that night saying it was done. Or as I have mentioned they can do it over the phone while are talking to them.
Thanks, I think I might just do that

Old 05-16-2018, 10:05 PM
ringer1969
Road Captain
Received 129 Likes on 70 Posts

i have a FP3 very happy with it , for bolt on applications , pipe, breather , slip ons - it works awesome , is there better for a dyno tune situation ? yep sure is . but as was said earlier a lot of these guys are jamming a canned map in and printing a pretty run sheet off and saying its dyno tuned

The following users liked this post:
OutlawFC222 (09-11-2022)
Old 05-19-2018, 07:00 PM
Idahokid
Road Master
Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

So I wonder if the tweaked map is better then autotune?

Old 05-21-2018, 11:35 AM
stroker87
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

i called a few local dealers to see if any one had a FP3 in stock one did but 4 out of 4 told me the dyno guys didnt like the FP3 if you ever do anything more then slipons and intake its useless and hard to get a good tune with the units since they only used the stock narrow band o2 sensors and to get a good tune you need to be able to tune ARF tables with wideband o2 sensors. so i asked what are they using 3 said PCV, since i have a big bore upgrade floating around in my head i ask would the PCV be good for that upgrade they all said yes so i just ordered the autotune for my PCV

over the years ive has a few cars that i built performance engines for and had dyno tuned and every time one was tuned a wideband AFR gauge was used. currently have HPTunes (tuning program) for my zo6 and a wideband AFR gauge installed in the car, so i know when they say you need to see oxygen sensor readings from a wideband AFR to get a good tune they are saying the truth, another turn off was once its installed its locked (married) to that bike and cant be transferred to another one witch means if you dont get good results with it or if you get another bike your out $400 since you cant sell

with all that said im wondering if guys using it have ever used another tuner or is it just i have it so its the best? also wondering how well dialed in there tunes are since its not done with a wideband o2?

Old 05-21-2018, 03:06 PM
wevsspot
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by stroker87
i called a few local dealers to see if any one had a FP3 in stock one did but 4 out of 4 told me the dyno guys didnt like the FP3 if you ever do anything more then slipons and intake its useless and hard to get a good tune with the units since they only used the stock narrow band o2 sensors and to get a good tune you need to be able to tune ARF tables with wideband o2 sensors. so i asked what are they using 3 said PCV, since i have a big bore upgrade floating around in my head i ask would the PCV be good for that upgrade they all said yes so i just ordered the autotune for my PCV

over the years ive has a few cars that i built performance engines for and had dyno tuned and every time one was tuned a wideband AFR gauge was used. currently have HPTunes (tuning program) for my zo6 and a wideband AFR gauge installed in the car, so i know when they say you need to see oxygen sensor readings from a wideband AFR to get a good tune they are saying the truth, another turn off was once its installed its locked (married) to that bike and cant be transferred to another one witch means if you dont get good results with it or if you get another bike your out $400 since you cant sell

with all that said im wondering if guys using it have ever used another tuner or is it just i have it so its the best? also wondering how well dialed in there tunes are since its not done with a wideband o2?

I'll just quote what Ringer said, because I think he hit the nail on the head;

Originally Posted by ringer1969
i have a FP3 very happy with it , for bolt on applications , pipe, breather , slip ons - it works awesome , is there better for a dyno tune situation ? yep sure is .

The following users liked this post:
ringer1969 (05-21-2018)
Old 05-21-2018, 05:43 PM
memphisharley
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 466 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by wevsspot
I'll just quote what Ringer said, because I think he hit the nail on the head;
totally agree. however, if you are not trying to tune to perfection and receive a print out detailing such has ocurred then the techs at V&H can get you a decent tune most can live with after a few tweaks. at least that has been my experience. ymmv
edit: you can add some cams to the list as they have tweaked the tune for my tw222 cams 2 times and I will be sending them my tune again to see if it needs tweaking after another 500 miles.

Last edited by memphisharley; 05-21-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:37 PM
stroker87
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by memphisharley
I will be sending them my tune again to see if it needs tweaking after another 500 miles.
see thats one of my problems i dont want to put some miles on then send them the tune since you are kind of gambling with your engine to lean can cause problems as well as to rich, maybe it has to do with all the car tuning stuff I've dealt with over the years? FP3 has a lot of great reviews on every site i looked at lot of happy riders

the wideband thing made me rethink it since you cant truly get it dialed in 100% with narrow band o2 sensors just not possible any tuner with tell you that, sure probably get a safe tune but thats probably leaving hp/tq on the table since im modding my bike for more power cant see using a tuner that is not going to get me the most feedback needed to get it dialed in for maximum hp/tq that can be had safely

Last edited by stroker87; 05-21-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:16 PM
memphisharley
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 466 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by stroker87
see thats one of my problems i dont want to put some miles on then send them the tune since you are kind of gambling with your engine to lean can cause problems as well as to rich, maybe it has to do with all the car tuning stuff I've dealt with over the years? FP3 has a lot of great reviews on every site i looked at lot of happy riders

the wideband thing made me rethink it since you cant truly get it dialed in 100% with narrow band o2 sensors just not possible any tuner with tell you that, sure probably get a safe tune but thats probably leaving hp/tq on the table since im modding my bike for more power cant see using a tuner that is not going to get me the most feedback needed to get it dialed in for maximum hp/tq that can be had safely
then why not get a dyno tune

Old 05-21-2018, 07:53 PM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 437 Likes on 292 Posts

The V&H tuner is a good product , customer service helped me set mine up over the phone , I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another

Quick Reply: FP3 vs. Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner Pro