Sponsored by:

FP3 Fuel Map for Jackpot Header

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 06:08 PM
Kevin Dearing
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default FP3 Fuel Map for Jackpot Header

Need some help fine tuning my current ride. 2015 FLHTK 103 stock.

Tried auto tune my current fuel map to see if it would run any stronger. Never could get the auto tune feature to auto populate anything. Grey square just jumped around for 20 mins. on a ride.

I have a Stage 1 set up on the bike with a SE High Flow air cleaner, SE Street Cannons & and a Jackpot X pipe header.

Currently running a canned V&H map, Hi-output slip-ons w/power duals std baffle. Stock 103 twin cool. Bike runs good, with a little decal pop sometimes. Just thought I'd see if I could make her run better. That's why we give so much money for these fuel tuners.

Do I need to get rid of the V&H map and run a Generic Map with a 2-1-2 header and standard slip-ons?

What are the rest of the Jackpot guys running?

Old 04-29-2018, 06:57 PM
chopper_man
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,662 Likes on 987 Posts

Contact V&H via their website, give them all your current mods. They will then tell you which map to start with. You then upload it to them via the app, they will tweak/tune it for you then send it back. Incredibly fast turn-around time, couldn't be more happy with it, runs great.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:24 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 193 Likes on 170 Posts

Best to call them, they are very good at figuring things out, and have great customer service

Old 04-29-2018, 10:26 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Dearing

Tried auto tune my current fuel map to see if it would run any stronger. Never could get the auto tune feature to auto populate anything. Grey square just jumped around for 20 mins. on a ride.

I have a Stage 1 set up on the bike with a SE High Flow air cleaner, SE Street Cannons & and a Jackpot X pipe header.

Currently running a canned V&H map, Hi-output slip-ons w/power duals std baffle. Stock 103 twin cool. Bike runs good, with a little decal pop sometimes. Just thought I'd see if I could make her run better. That's why we give so much money for these fuel tuners.

Do I need to get rid of the V&H map and run a Generic Map with a 2-1-2 header and standard slip-ons?

I uploaded my map to V&H on a Sunday. Then sent a email to Cheyne at:fp3tech@vanceandhines.com. Monday morning got an email response saying my new map was good to go, and it goes real good now. I have the FM SS Ceramic 2-1-2 with Jackpot Hi Rollers.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:22 PM
wevsspot
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Dearing

I've got a similar set up as yours and I'm running the exact same map (and have been for almost 2 years now). I've ran auto tune multiple times, but honestly the results weren't that much different so I've stayed with the canned map. My bike runs great. I've also ran about every canned map in their collection that is even close to my setup, and the one I'm currently running is the best IMHO.

Use the decel pop reduction feature in the FP3 options to eliminate that pop. I've also got my throttle sensitivity set to standard plus.

Chris Neely at V&H recommended the map I'm using and he was spot on.

Last edited by wevsspot; 04-30-2018 at 03:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Kevin Dearing (05-03-2018)
Old 05-03-2018, 09:31 PM
Kevin Dearing
Novice

Thanks all for the advice. Think I got it figured out. Went back to V&H canned map with the throttle sensitivity changed to standard plus (thanks wevsspot). That took care of most of the decal pop. Bike is running good, so I'll play with it a little.

Old 05-06-2018, 11:11 AM
Nitro 54
Road Master
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

I have the Fuel Moto Super Duels header with the Jackpot mufflers and K&N air filter. This is my answer from V&H for a starting tune.
Use the map for V&H Eliminator 400 slip ons w/Power Duals, standard baffle for this application. Run the map for 1-2 tanks of fuel, then use Autotune after that if needed. After flashing the base map, I would recommend immediately adjusting the throttle progressivity to 'Aggressive' for much improved throttle response and overall feel. Throttle progressivity and Autotune instructions below. THROTTLE PROGRESSIVITY
1) Turn key/handlebar switch both on and connect to FP3 app2) Go to 'View/Edit Maps'3) Select map highlighted in blue (map currently flashed to bike)4) Go to 'Air and Fuel', then 'Throttle Progressivity'5) Turn wheel to adjust the setting to ‘Aggressive’. 6) Hit "Back" arrow at the top of the screen and press 'Continue' when it gives you the warning.7) Press 'back' arrow one more time and look for a lightening bolt logo in the upper right corner. 8) Press the lightening bolt and follow the in-app prompts to flash the new changes to the bike.

Old 05-07-2018, 12:00 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

I installed a Rush Wrath 2-1 a few days ago. Loaded the map V&H suggested. Put 350 miles on it, uploaded it this afternoon to Cheyne at FP3 support for adjustments. Got a email at 8:00 tonight saying my new map was ready for download. That is some customer service, and on a Sunday to boot.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:07 AM
memphisharley
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 466 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
I installed a Rush Wrath 2-1 a few days ago. Loaded the map V&H suggested. Put 350 miles on it, uploaded it this afternoon to Cheyne at FP3 support for adjustments. Got a email at 8:00 tonight saying my new map was ready for download. That is some customer service, and on a Sunday to boot.
that's some great CS. I may have to use your contact if I don't get a response from V&H for an edited map I uploaded today.

Old 05-08-2018, 07:38 PM
Kevin Dearing
Novice
Default update on new map

Here is the latest update on the new map. V&H sent me a map to use. They said to go with the canned V&H map with the power duals, big oval exhaust, standard baffle. Run it for 1 -2 tanks and adjust with auto tune if needed. Well I'm not impressed so far. On tank #2 and I think the bike is running worse than the generic 2-1-2 map with standard exhaust after a auto tune session. Heck the canned V&H hi output exhaust w/ power duals ran better without an auto tune.

I'm going to run this tank out and then do a auto tune on it, but i got a feeling I'll be going back to the generic map. I ran over 300 miles this weekend before I installed V&H's recommendation. The bike ran great & friends all said it sounded great.

Quick Reply: FP3 Fuel Map for Jackpot Header