Tour pack questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018 | 10:54 PM
cweiss
|
Road Master
Default Tour pack questions...

I have a 15 RGS. Bike does have the 4 point docking hardware already
I have found a tourpack that is for sale online. It was removed from a 14 ultra classic
It is a harley unit same color with lights and speakers.
The tourpack has all wires associated with it.
Question is this plug and play or will I need additional harness for mine to go to tourpack for everything to work properly?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by cweiss; 04-08-2018 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-09-2018 | 06:46 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by cweiss
I have a 15 RGS. Bike does have the 4 point docking hardware already
I have found a tourpack that is for sale online. It was removed from a 14 ultra classic
It is a harley unit same color with lights and speakers.
The tourpack has all wires associated with it.
Question is this plug and play or will I need additional harness for mine to go to tourpack for everything to work properly?
Thanks in advance

I believe you will need the underseat harness.. not sure if this is it
https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...-02-7003209--1

Old 04-09-2018 | 10:14 AM
VinceTheArchitect
Tourer

The Amber Whiskey orange should match (aside from any fading due to exposure).
If it came off an Ultra Classic, it will have Charcoal Gray accents on the sides/bottom and lid.

If off of an Ultra Limited, it will have Black accents on the sides/bottom with solid orange top.

Old 04-15-2018 | 11:19 PM
cweiss
|
Road Master

So having the roadglide special will I be able to run the lights and speakers on that tourpack? The one I am getting has the amber whiskey top and black trim around the bottom. speakers and rear lights.

Old 04-16-2018 | 06:55 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cweiss
So having the roadglide special will I be able to run the lights and speakers on that tourpack? The one I am getting has the amber whiskey top and black trim around the bottom. speakers and rear lights.

yes, but you will need the wiring harness.......I believe someone posted the harness above. I'm not sure if that's the harness you need, but .....yes, it'll work. The fact that the pak comes with all the wiring/harnesses is the "PLUS" ......... Maybe that new dealership you have "Riding High HD" has a tech who has done the install before

I know some ppl don't like the dealerships, but my techs share info with me even when I plan to do the work myself. Maybe they can tell you exactly what to buy also.

Old 04-16-2018 | 07:04 AM
Super08
Supporter

You will need to buy the harness that goes from the head unit back under the tank to the under seat area. Now for the fun part. You will need to change the wiring harness on the bike for the speakers to plug into this harness. The Ultra harness has other wires that support volume control and intercom for the passenger. It has a huge plug that plugs into the main harness which our bikes do not have the plug for. Also to use the lights you will need to buy a "T" harness from Namz that will plug into the harness going to the rear fender. This will also be under your seat. As for the antenna, if you wish to use it on the tour pak when you run the harness from the head unit you will need to order and run a new antenna cable from the head unit to the under seat area. The one that comes on your bike is too short to reach the tour pak harness. It will take just a bit of work and everything on the tour pak will work except for the passenger intercom functions. It sounds harder trying to explain it that what is required. I will go find my thread from when I built my tour pak a little over a year ago.

Last edited by Super08; 04-16-2018 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-16-2018 | 07:05 AM
Super08
Supporter

Originally Posted by 1HD1C
I believe you will need the underseat harness.. not sure if this is it
https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...-02-7003209--1
That will not work as it is a pre Rushmore harness.

Old 04-16-2018 | 07:20 AM
Super08
Supporter

Here is a link to the speaker pod installation instructions that shows the harnesses you need. Items 2 and 10 which they say are not available separately.
https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson....7?locale=en_US I think I have a left over harness number 10 that goes from the head unit to the under seat area as you get one with the Harley amp and also with the pod kit. The harness from the speakers to go to the under seat area you will have to modify the one you have or buy the speaker pod kit and you will have both harnesses.
Here is the link to my thread on putting a tour pak together.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...verything.html
It also has the part number for the "T" harness as well at the other stuff from Harley in a XL document I attached in one of the posts.

Old 04-16-2018 | 09:06 AM
Super08
Supporter

BTW get the dealer to turn on the rear speakers with a flash before plugging in the speakers. There are some combinations that can cause damage to the stereo if the flash is not done first.

Old 04-22-2018 | 10:17 PM
cweiss
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by VinceTheArchitect
The Amber Whiskey orange should match (aside from any fading due to exposure).
If it came off an Ultra Classic, it will have Charcoal Gray accents on the sides/bottom and lid.

If off of an Ultra Limited, it will have Black accents on the sides/bottom with solid orange top.
Yes it is a limited pack due to full Amber Whiskey top and black bottom

Quick Reply: Tour pack questions...