2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Race....Smiling

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018 | 01:51 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member

That wasn’t a 14R, and second, roll racing is gayer than AIDS.

Old 03-26-2018 | 02:07 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member

Hate 2 break it to ya but the Cowasaki 14R has been put out to pasture a long time ago......

For a stock bike it’s not bad for straightline speed but it’s heavier than all hell. All you gotta do is google the specs and you’ll see that bikes like the BMW S100rr, Ducati Panigali’s and Hell even the KTM SuperDuke make similar numbers on the dyno and weigh almost 100lbs less. There’s a reason when you go to drag strips you still see Hayabusa’s cleaning up shop. They have far more aftermarket performance parts and are a helluva lot easier to wrench. Not to mention the Gen1 hayabusa engines/ cases are damn near bulletproof.

You just cant hop on a 14R bone stock and think you can run a 0-60 in less than 3 seconds. Gonna take a lot of go fast parts and weight reduction tricks to even stay close enuff to make out the letters on that Tesla’s license plate. You would have to do a full on drag build to be able to hang with that type of performance. That’s gonna be around 20k on top of the price of the bike minimum. Clutches, swingarms, suspension, motorwork, nitrous, air shifter, rims and carbon fiber out the *** etc etc.

Ask me how I know.........

Old 03-26-2018 | 02:15 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy Rob
That wasn’t a 14R, and second, roll racing is gayer than AIDS.
I don't disagree with you on either, but the roll favored the bike. The thread has gone sideways.

If you think a V8 "chopper" is going to run with a Tesla, you really have no idea what you're talking about regarding either one.

Old 03-26-2018 | 02:34 PM
barrygreen
|
Elite HDF Member

All I was saying was I am happy with the upgrades performance wise....Not bragging. Being fast is like being tough, there is always someone tougher.

The following users liked this post:
roadpop (03-26-2018)
Old 03-26-2018 | 03:18 PM
roadpop
Tourer
From: Living 33yrs in Sunny Florida !!! Living the retirement dream....Love it!!!

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
I don't disagree with you on either, but the roll favored the bike. The thread has gone sideways.

If you think a V8 "chopper" is going to run with a Tesla, you really have no idea what you're talking about regarding either one.
As a matter of fact I DO know what I’m talking about

I know first hand partner..evidently you didn’t look at my picture..while you toy around on your Harley I’ve also got a Big Boy Bike.I know your next response will be
1. Car with 2 wheels
2. Something about my manhood
3. You wouldn’t be caught dead on one if someone gave it to you
4. Etc,Etc,Etc
I’ve heard them all since I bought my first V8..a 502 Boss Hoss and then 4 V8 Choppers..
and my wife with her own 434 Dart V8 Chopper Trike that would walk your Harley!!

But you might be right Tesla’s are very Fast..

Oh and one more thing..

Don’t mind my Johnny Cash pic just having some fun with you.I do respect your opinion thou..

Old 03-26-2018 | 06:15 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by roadpop
As a matter of fact I DO know what I’m talking about

I know first hand partner..evidently you didn’t look at my picture..while you toy around on your Harley I’ve also got a Big Boy Bike.I know your next response will be
1. Car with 2 wheels
2. Something about my manhood
3. You wouldn’t be caught dead on one if someone gave it to you
4. Etc,Etc,Etc
I’ve heard them all since I bought my first V8..a 502 Boss Hoss and then 4 V8 Choppers..
and my wife with her own 434 Dart V8 Chopper Trike that would walk your Harley!!

But you might be right Tesla’s are very Fast..

Oh and one more thing..

Don’t mind my Johnny Cash pic just having some fun with you.I do respect your opinion thou..
No disrespect intended. Your bike is fast for what it is and I’m sure it’s fun to ride. It would definitely win the burnout contest against a Tesla, so there’s that.

Old 03-26-2018 | 06:52 PM
barrygreen
|
Elite HDF Member

WOW another thread hijacked because on man has a bigger than the other...started out simple. Why are we talking Tesla and chevy powered bikes on a HD Forum?

Old 03-26-2018 | 08:07 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!

Originally Posted by barrygreen
WOW another thread hijacked because on man has a bigger than the other...started out simple. Why are we talking Tesla and chevy powered bikes on a HD Forum?
Cuz dicks must swing.

Time for a beer, mad bitches make me thirsty

Old 03-26-2018 | 08:31 PM
roadpop
Tourer
From: Living 33yrs in Sunny Florida !!! Living the retirement dream....Love it!!!

Originally Posted by barrygreen
We weren’t talking about a Chevy powered bike that I remember, mine is powered by a Dart Performance Engine...and I think I wrote that...maybe you can’t comprehend what you read...or selective reading...

As far as a man has a bigger...yup mine is way bigger and faster

http://www.jegs.com/v/Dart/301

Old 03-26-2018 | 08:38 PM
barrygreen
|
Elite HDF Member

Simple thread taken over , unsubscribed, y'all have fun beating on each other.

Quick Reply: First Race....Smiling