Sponsored by:

Big Wheel Baggers

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018 | 01:36 PM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by offthewall
Kinda strikes me the same as this:

I would see this guy show up at the Boogie (abates annual) in Bloomington In, He said he would come in from Illinois, where they have a bar height law, he would eventually get a $35 (back 10 years ago) ticket, put it in his pocket and ride with impunity the rest of the weekend. That bike is crazy in person.

Old 04-06-2018 | 08:30 AM
xmen9c
Road Master

Originally Posted by offthewall
I think its more a case of people just expressing their opinion one way or another in this thread.

If you like the big wheel baggers, that's cool. If you don't like my bike that's cool too. I'm not going to get butt hurt if you don't like my style.

I'm finding this thread interesting just to see some of these big wheel baggers. I would't want one but some are interesting to look at.
Agree 100%. Some people like whitewalls, some don't and so on, and so on, and so on. If there was only one style for a motorcycle, we'd all have nothing to talk about.

Old 04-06-2018 | 02:59 PM
BigMike
|
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Actually my original point of starting the thread was that I'd seen a ton of them for sale. Wondering if the fad was finally over.

Didn't see as many out during Daytona Bike Week as last year.

Old 04-07-2018 | 08:21 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member

Last year I met a really nice guy in Winston Salem that had two beautiful big wheel baggers he had built on display at a bike show. His name is Rodney Landreth and he owns Twin City Cycleworks in Winston.

Well fast forward and yesterday I was going to visit a customer and realized that Twin City Cycleworks was next door. So after my sales call I stopped in to see Rodney. He sells and installs accessories, does service and oil changes, wheels tires and does complete builds. Long story short he volunteered that the big wheels were what pays the bills. He had seven builds going on, six were Harley’s and one was a Victory. I am not a Victory fan but that bike he was building was SHARP. So at least for this builder the fad is alive and strong.

Check him out if in the Winston area. He is not far from Hanes Mall off Griffith Road. Very nice guy!

Last edited by Cosmic Razorback; 04-07-2018 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-07-2018 | 08:53 AM
The lark
Tourer

I have a 21. Lowered the front end 1.5 inches. To keep the ride height where, the bike was designed to be. Rides great on the highway and turns great.
Start raking them and you will ruin the bike. I don't care what the big wheel guys say it rides different, and they don't turn. I rode a 23, that was raked. Totally different ride.
We had three bikes, that we rode and switched back end forth, to see if they felt different. Stock and the 21,with adjusted suspension, rode the same, as the stock one. 23 has a totally different feel.

Old 04-07-2018 | 08:58 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Old 04-07-2018 | 09:16 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Those are so much fun. Our shop has built a few - and we're not even a bike shop.

Old 04-07-2018 | 11:59 AM
BigMike
|
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by lionsm13
That is a big wheel I'd ride. Drift trike?

Old 04-07-2018 | 12:03 PM
BigMike
|
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
Last year I met a really nice guy in Winston Salem that had two beautiful big wheel baggers he had built on display at a bike show. His name is Rodney Landreth and he owns Twin City Cycleworks in Winston.

Well fast forward and yesterday I was going to visit a customer and realized that Twin City Cycleworks was next door. So after my sales call I stopped in to see Rodney. He sells and installs accessories, does service and oil changes, wheels tires and does complete builds. Long story short he volunteered that the big wheels were what pays the bills. He had seven builds going on, six were Harley’s and one was a Victory. I am not a Victory fan but that bike he was building was SHARP. So at least for this builder the fad is alive and strong.

Check him out if in the Winston area. He is not far from Hanes Mall off Griffith Road. Very nice guy!
During Daytona Bike Week this year, there was a Victory Custom Bagger builder that had a Trailer-tent setup with a lot of custom big and regular wheel Vics. They also had some custom Indians. Not sure if it was this company but people do specialize in them.

https://www.vicbaggers.com/

Old 04-07-2018 | 01:52 PM
The lark
Tourer

No doubt that murdered out bike with the 30 inch tire is bad ***. But can you or would you jump on that put your wife on the back and do a 500 mile trip. If I had the cash I would have that and a bone stock ultra.

Quick Reply: Big Wheel Baggers