2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Wheel Baggers

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2018 | 03:20 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior

Great looking bike xmen9c! Which fishtails did you go with? If you don't mind me asking.

Old 04-18-2018 | 11:34 AM
xmen9c
Road Master

Originally Posted by Highwaymans
Looks good. Me personally I dont consider a 21 a Big wheel bagger.... I think a 21 is standard upgrade and really doesnt need alot of change or sacrifice.... Its the cartoonish 23 and bigger, Id consider a Big Wheel Bagger.
- I agree too and my post was a bit tong in cheek but... a 21 isn't standard on any HD Touring bikes, except the new CVOs finally. There's some minor adjustments sometimes but not much. The "cartoonish" baggers just aren't for me, never have liked anything bigger than a 21.

Originally Posted by The lark
You make a valid point, 21 really isn't a big up grade. Compared to 23 up. That's when things get complicated, and expensive.
Don't the 2018 cvo touring bikes come with 21's now.
- Yes, they do and yes, 23 & up is where the big $ start coming in. If you want that and can afford it, so be it, not for me.

Old 04-18-2018 | 11:37 AM
xmen9c
Road Master

Originally Posted by HD_fan

Great looking bike xmen9c! Which fishtails did you go with? If you don't mind me asking.
Thanks HD Fan!

I went with V&H fishtails for Touring. I've had Samsons and Freedoms and both had their good and bad points but I like the way these look more than the others. They're a wider muffler body and where the fishtails end looks good to me proportionately. I've added some DKCustoms Torque Inserts to them as well and the extra width and design of this muffler made the process easier than with other types too. And... for me, V&H mufflers in general sound better than most any other muffler brand (right combo of rumble and bark). These sound great IMO.

Last edited by xmen9c; 04-18-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-18-2018 | 01:36 PM
Speedspeed
Advanced

Originally Posted by 02BlueDeuce

Just to bug the anally retentive among you lol, here's mine which I ride everywhere. Fad maybe, but I intend to keep mine for quite awhile. Now where did I leave my sparkly levi jacket with the extra long fringe on the arms, time for a ride.
Your Bike looks CAF...I guess different strokes for different folks..

Old 04-18-2018 | 01:46 PM
The lark
Tourer

Keep at the max of 21 inch

The following users liked this post:
xmen9c (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018 | 02:42 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Thumbs up

I went with V&H fishtails for Touring. I've had Samsons and Freedoms and both had their good and bad points but I like the way these look more than the others. They're a wider muffler body and where the fishtails end looks good to me proportionately. I've added some DKCustoms Torque Inserts to them as well and the extra width and design of this muffler made the process easier than with other types too. And... for me, V&H mufflers in general sound better than most any other muffler brand (right combo of rumble and bark). These sound great IMO.
Glad I asked you Xmen9c. You have experienced the three that I have been considering (Samson,Freedom and V&H)! Great info THANKS!

Good looking bike. Not really over the top or anything.

Last edited by HD_fan; 04-18-2018 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2018 | 03:22 PM
xmen9c
Road Master

Originally Posted by HD_fan
Glad I asked you Xmen9c. You have experienced the three that I have been considering (Samson,Freedom and V&H)! Great info THANKS!

Good looking bike. Not really over the top or anything.
No problem. On the Freedoms and Samsons, they both "blued" but I can't blame that on them necessarily. I had the wrong tune on the bike at the time. I have had several V&H exhaust systems on a number of bikes in my life and I have NEVER had any issues with them in any way. Chrome is always great, sound is always great (relative you you as the rider) and they perform well enough for me as well. They are my first choice when looking for a system and I only move onto others when overall cost is the biggest factor. And then I get them anyway years later when that obstacle is overcome...

I agree on this bike too. It does look good compared to most cartoonish big wheels but I ride ALOT and I don't know if I could or would want to deal with whatever extra might be involved with that size front wheel. but thats just me. it does look good though.

Last edited by xmen9c; 04-18-2018 at 03:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
HD_fan (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018 | 03:24 PM
Schex
Supporter
Supporter

Clown Bikes, gotta love 'em.
This one stayed next door to us at Bikeweek.

This one has a 36", beautiful bike, owner said just the rim tire and rotors were 14k, super sound system,
but what possessed them to play the suckass noise trying to be some form of music, I'll never know.

Old 04-18-2018 | 03:29 PM
xmen9c
Road Master

Originally Posted by Schex

This one has a 36", beautiful bike, owner said just the rim tire and rotors were 14k, super sound system,
but what possessed them to play the suckass noise trying to be some form of music, I'll never know.
LMAO - I hate when that happens

Old 04-25-2018 | 08:25 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Schex

A friend of mine always says "If it's worth doing, it's worth over-doing". I'd say this qualifies.

It looks impeccably done and very cool to look at but I would have zero interest in owing something like this.

Quick Reply: Big Wheel Baggers