Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody using a one-up tour pak mount?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017 | 10:54 AM
cwsharp
|
Stellar HDF Member
Default Anybody using a one-up tour pak mount?

I ride singly most of the time. I have the stuff to make my RK a full tourer, including the two-up tour pack rack, etc. This summer I am taking a long trip that includes camping. I will save enough money by camping that I can buy the one up tour pack rack for one night's hotel stay. Has anyone tried this? Can you swing your leg over the pack or do you have to step through? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Old 12-22-2017 | 11:48 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by cwsharp
Can you swing your leg over the pack or do you have to step through?
..... yes
.... if yer 10' tall
..... if you're going to solo mount the TP, i'm sure you'll need to step thru
.... i'm stepping thru w/a 2up mount

Old 12-22-2017 | 03:26 PM
dave the welder
Road Captain

Nice bike CWSHARP, On my bike I have a standard 2 up detach set up. But love the look of 1 up. The Police which have the box mounted close to them, they will mount the bike from the right. Put right foot on foot board stand up and lift left leg over seat. Don't worry about the Jiffy stand, it's stronger than some give it credit.

Old 12-22-2017 | 05:53 PM
VinnyM
Road Master

I have a detachable razor pack and a c&c solo on my 15 streetglide, can’t swing my leg over it.
The detach bracket has slots to move the pack forward or back and with it slid all the way forward so that I can lean on it I had to shim the pack up 1/2” because of the way the new bags open. I run the same pack on my 11 Roadking solo as well. Makes a great traveling setup.

Last edited by VinnyM; 12-22-2017 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-23-2017 | 03:31 AM
tekman
Tourer

Run my chopped tour pak in solo mount, best thing I did for long touring miles. Thought I'd only use it when I was going on a trip, haven't removed it since I installed it.

Old 12-23-2017 | 07:35 AM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army

I have a solo tour pak rack I'll let you have for $50 plus shipping. Genuine HD, not Amazon or Ebay.

It was on my 2012, so I'm not sure it will fit your bike.

Old 12-23-2017 | 07:45 AM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Riders Club Member

I run the 1 up rack on solo trips. I'm 6'2 with 36 inseam, I CAN throw a leg over, but I step through usually. It's easy to step through putting your right foot on the right side foot board.

I have long arms as well. I made a 1/2" tall adapter to get the TP high enough to clear the saddlebag lids and move the TP forward about an inch. I can comfortably use the TP as my backrest and reach the bars. It's sweet for longer trips.

Old 12-23-2017 | 08:10 AM
silveradoman2
Road Master

I have the solo tour pak rak as well. 5'8'' and not even able to swing leg over. I step through, may give a try with right leg stepping on floor board and swinging left leg. Got used to do stepping through it's no problem.

Like OP have mentioned I should get a re locator bracket to get tour pak closer to me. Would be nice to lean against it while riding.

Old 12-23-2017 | 10:41 AM
SprungDave
Road Warrior

On my 2014 FLHTP, I have a solo mount for my King Tourpak. I usually step through, but if on stands on the floorboard, it is possible to swing my leg over. I'm just under 6'.

The solo QD mounts available on eBay work great, and it is only four bolts to switch them from the two-up to the solo mount. Easy! The solo mount is great for camping and multi-day rides, as you described. The solo mount I bought cost me less than $60 if I remember right.

Ride Safe!

Old 12-24-2017 | 10:20 AM
cwsharp
|
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mohawkpan
I have a detachable razor pack and a c&c solo on my 15 streetglide, can’t swing my leg over it.
The detach bracket has slots to move the pack forward or back and with it slid all the way forward so that I can lean on it I had to shim the pack up 1/2” because of the way the new bags open. I run the same pack on my 11 Roadking solo as well. Makes a great traveling setup.
OOppsss... didn't think about that. You are the only one that mentioned shimming the pack up... not being able to open the bags is a pretty big oversight. I don't like shimming because it reduces the support from the platform... I'm not clear about why this should be necessary... I will have to measure the lid to see if it is wider at the front. Thanks for the insight.

Quick Reply: Anybody using a one-up tour pak mount?