Sponsored by:

Heated Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017 | 07:28 AM
EasternSP
|
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp

The ride to work this morning was great. Though it was only 44 degrees, these gloves generated enough warmth that my fingers didn't feel cold or turn white after the 55 minute ride. Should do well in temps in the 20s.

Old 12-06-2017 | 10:56 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by EasternSP
I received a set of Dragon Heatwear Epic Heated Gloves. I charged the batteries up for a few hours then installed them in the gloves. Within about a minute, I could feel hot heat. These may be the ticket. I'll have a cool ride in the morning with temps in the lower 40s to test them in the cold.
I've got an appointment to see the primary care about the Reynauds thing.
Yikes, it took a minute to warm up? Mine only took 15 seconds with just the batteries. Had to click on the low setting. Faster when hooked up to the bike.

It was 38 in the morning (6am) when we left for Chicago for the toy parade Sunday (approx. 50K riders). After we got to Chicago it started to warm up and by 9 it was up to 52. Gerbings off and summer gloves on.

It was the best weather we ever had for the toy parade - that I can remember.

Old 01-27-2019 | 11:05 AM
gdt3
Tourer

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
TORQUEY,

I sent you a PM.

YB
I would really like to know about your handguards, as well. Would you mind sharing with me? Thanks. Don

Old 01-31-2019 | 03:33 PM
kjc
Cruiser

I've had these glove liners for 2 years now.I'm a Home Builder and I work year round outside,these liners have made my job much easier during our cold Canadian winters.I have mine with the battery packs but when I'm on my motorcycle,I just use their "stickman"wiring and I plug it into the battery tender lead with an adapter.On high it'll leave a burn mark on your hand(don't ask me how I know,LOL).My wife has Renaud's and she has tried many different heated gloves with some costing twice as much,I bought her a pair for Xmas and we've finally found a solution to her cold white fingers.

Last edited by kjc; 01-31-2019 at 03:35 PM. Reason: spelling
The following users liked this post:
red sport. (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019 | 03:49 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Do those warm the "fingerprint area" of the fingers? That's the only place I get cold and I haven't found a mfg that wires their gloves that will warm that area. They usually wire around the sides of the fingers.
I would pay twice as much for a pair that would heat that area.

Old 01-31-2019 | 03:49 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Picked up a set of these, so far so good.

Amazon Amazon

Old 01-31-2019 | 10:01 PM
Steve Sportster
Outstanding HDF Member

Got a pair of "Hot wired" glove liners last week from Revzilla. About $80. Installed the wiring harness to the battery on my 2018 FLHCS a few days ago. Will try them out in a couple of days when the polar vortex ends.

Plan on wearing under some fleece lined leather mittens I have had for years. Combined with my Memphis Shades hand guards, these should keep me okay even with poor circulation in my 67 year old hands.

Old 01-31-2019 | 11:44 PM
mandrake
Stage II

I have Gerbing gloves. They come with a harness with wires that run down the sleeves to the gloves. The other end can connect to controller, or to switched harness to battery. The controller is easy to reach. No long wires running to the front or fairing.
And moving to a new bike means just moving the connector to the battery.

Old 02-01-2019 | 10:33 AM
gdt3
Tourer

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
Picked up a set of these, so far so good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...TF8&th=1&psc=1
What temperatures are you running these in and how long does the battery last? Also, how was the fit? They are obviously direct from China, rather than manufactured for a domestic supplier. Recognized by the poor English translation.
Thanks.

Old 02-01-2019 | 10:42 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

The part about heating the "fingertip" area of the finger has me VERY interested, but not being able to hook up to my jacket liner is a no go. If they had a local store where I could go to and test them would help a lot.

Quick Reply: Heated Gloves