Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Keep us posted!
Yeah, if I keep my fingers.

Old 12-01-2017 | 11:46 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I have a problem with circulation in the last three fingers in my hand. It doesn't necessarily have to be cold either. I have seen my fingers turn white in 55*temps when it's damp. With all the discussion over heated gloves, which i have, no one has mentioned heated liners. I have PowerLet heated glove liners . They use an infrared type technology where the entire glove gives off heat without the use of internal wires. I wear these with a pair of uninsulated deerskin gauntlet gloves and my hands stay toasty warm in 26* temperatures. I also have their Jacket liner which the gloves plug into. The liners with thin gloves are not bulky at all unlike the heated gloves that I have. You may want to look into these. AL

Old 12-01-2017 | 01:37 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Gerbing Hybred gloves aren't bulky either. Plus I can wear them anywhere - shoveling snow, jogging etc.

Old 12-01-2017 | 02:18 PM
micmoren
Tourer

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Partner, trust me on this, when I suggested that neurological impairment in your hands was a (distant) possibility, I was not being sarcastic.

You need to talk to your doctor about the fact that you apparently cannot feel normal levels of warmth in your fingers.
+1 on this..

my wife is the same way. She has an autoimmune condition in addition to neuropathy. I have to keep the water heater and a cooler setting then normal because she will turn the Hot water all the way up to where it would be too hot because she cannot feel it. She will stand in front of the fireplace at a distant where most of us find it uncomfortable and she is good. But she does feel cold and when she does, it is painful to her. Unfortunately, she does not like the side effects of medications they have given her to try and alleviate this so she just puts up with it.

Old 12-02-2017 | 12:28 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior

I have a pair of non heated gloves, if it's really cold, and i wear them , my fingers have turned a little white and numb, but my other gloves don't d it, glove fit is important too, and where the seams are sewed, to big, press into ur hand, just a thought

Old 12-02-2017 | 01:38 PM
EasternSP
|
Banned

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
Gerbing Hybred gloves aren't bulky either. Plus I can wear them anywhere - shoveling snow, jogging etc.
I have a set of the Gerbing heated gloves. I can't tell the difference between them being plugged in and not plugged in, neither can my friends.

Old 12-02-2017 | 01:40 PM
EasternSP
|
Banned

Originally Posted by BARACU
I have a problem with circulation in the last three fingers in my hand. It doesn't necessarily have to be cold either. I have seen my fingers turn white in 55*temps when it's damp. With all the discussion over heated gloves, which i have, no one has mentioned heated liners. I have PowerLet heated glove liners . They use an infrared type technology where the entire glove gives off heat without the use of internal wires. I wear these with a pair of uninsulated deerskin gauntlet gloves and my hands stay toasty warm in 26* temperatures. I also have their Jacket liner which the gloves plug into. The liners with thin gloves are not bulky at all unlike the heated gloves that I have. You may want to look into these. AL
Heated glove liners? The only liners I have seen are like jackets or trousers. I guess I'll have to look a little closer.
Do they fit inside a regular glove or how much larger a glove do you have to use?

Old 12-03-2017 | 06:14 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by EasternSP
Heated glove liners? The only liners I have seen are like jackets or trousers. I guess I'll have to look a little closer.
Do they fit inside a regular glove or how much larger a glove do you have to use?
They are pretty thin, if your gloves are really tight they might be a problem. I have a separate pair of relatively thin deer skin gauntlets that I wear over them pretty much to block wind. You will need a controller for them as with most others. Revzilla carries them or Amazon....
Amazon Amazon

Old 12-03-2017 | 03:59 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by EasternSP
I have a set of the Gerbing heated gloves. I can't tell the difference between them being plugged in and not plugged in, neither can my friends.
Me neither. When I'm off the bike, walking around, the batteries in the gloves work great - just as good as if they were plugged into the bike.

Old 12-05-2017 | 06:19 PM
EasternSP
|
Banned

I received a set of Dragon Heatwear Epic Heated Gloves. I charged the batteries up for a few hours then installed them in the gloves. Within about a minute, I could feel hot heat. These may be the ticket. I'll have a cool ride in the morning with temps in the lower 40s to test them in the cold.
I've got an appointment to see the primary care about the Reynauds thing.

Quick Reply: Heated Gloves