2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017 | 11:41 AM
BILLL1121
Tourer

Buy a quality product like Gordon's and your problems are done.. I have the liner and gloves and all I wear over the liner is a windbreaker all winter long.

Old 11-30-2017 | 12:40 PM
EasternSP
|
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by BILLL1121
Buy a quality product like Gordon's and your problems are done.. I have the liner and gloves and all I wear over the liner is a windbreaker all winter long.
That's what I have read about every glove set I have bought and tried.

Old 11-30-2017 | 03:07 PM
EasternSP
|
Banned

I stopped in at the Harley dealer on the way home to check if they had electric gloves. They had Mobile Warming gloves on display, battery operated. I asked if they could put a battery in a set to see if they actually warm up. She installed the battery set and I put on one of the gloves. It took a while, maybe a couple of minutes until I could start to feel a little warmth in the end of the fingers and that's all the warmer it got, at the highest setting. I asked her to try it on. She put it on and said it was "hot". I asked another guy behind the counter to try it. He said it was good and warm. I asked him if he thought that temp would keep his hands warm in 20 degree weather, he said yes, it definitely would. I tried the glove again and I only felt a slight bit of warmth in the fingers.
Something really wrong here.

Old 11-30-2017 | 03:38 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by EasternSP
I stopped in at the Harley dealer on the way home to check if they had electric gloves. They had Mobile Warming gloves on display, battery operated. I asked if they could put a battery in a set to see if they actually warm up. She installed the battery set and I put on one of the gloves. It took a while, maybe a couple of minutes until I could start to feel a little warmth in the end of the fingers and that's all the warmer it got, at the highest setting. I asked her to try it on. She put it on and said it was "hot". I asked another guy behind the counter to try it. He said it was good and warm. I asked him if he thought that temp would keep his hands warm in 20 degree weather, he said yes, it definitely would. I tried the glove again and I only felt a slight bit of warmth in the fingers.
Something really wrong here.
Partner, trust me on this, when I suggested that neurological impairment in your hands was a (distant) possibility, I was not being sarcastic.

You need to talk to your doctor about the fact that you apparently cannot feel normal levels of warmth in your fingers.

Last edited by IdahoHacker; 11-30-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-30-2017 | 03:53 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Partner, trust me on this, when I suggested that neurological impairment in your hands was a (distant) possibility, I was not being sarcastic.

You need to talk to your doctor about the fact that you apparently cannot feel normal levels of warmth in your fingers.
+1

If you can't feel the same heat as everyone else, get them checked

An alternative = the old "Hippo Hands" I think you can still buy them at snowmobile stores. Definitely on line.

Old 11-30-2017 | 04:34 PM
EasternSP
|
Banned

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker

No, I didn't think you were being sarcastic about the ability to feel warmth. I new a girl when I was growing up who had no feeling for hot stuff. She spilled boiling water down her leg and didn't feel it at all but had touch feeling as well as cold feeling.
Cold temps in the 20s is painful to me. When I sawed my finger off with a buck saw about 45 years ago, it hurt but not like I fell to the ground writhing in pain, plus I didn't want to show pain to my buddies as I was a probie then. I'll recoil from a hot soldering iron and I can't pluck boiled eggs out of boiling water.
The other side of the issue though, when my fingers are painfully cold when using the electric gloves, I can put my wool lined gloves on and my hands feel better. Not warm, but not turning white and cold to the touch as with the heated gloves.

Old 11-30-2017 | 04:50 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Originally Posted by EasternSP
...The other side of the issue though, when my fingers are painfully cold when using the electric gloves, I can put my wool lined gloves on and my hands feel better. Not warm, but not turning white and cold to the touch as with the heated gloves.
White?!? You may have seriously impaired circulation in the extremities.

Old 11-30-2017 | 04:53 PM
firehawk6
Seasoned HDF Member

I have a buddy who's on here who suffers from this. He jokes he's more like a reptile than a mammal. IMO, something worth looking into from what you are describing as far as your hands.

https://medlineplus.gov/raynaudsdisease.html

Old 11-30-2017 | 07:06 PM
EasternSP
|
Banned

Now that Raynauds disease may be it. I do occasionally have the symptoms described. For example, just a few weeks ago, sitting at my desk, reviewing some program plans, I noticed one of my left hand fingers turned dark blue past the last joint. Really strange, and it gradually went away in about 10 minutes. I had normal touch feeling in the finger but it felt like I had hit it on something. The nail didn't fall off. I thought it might have been from my coffee cup but then I usually hold that in my right hand. I've been experiencing chapped fingers on both hands off and on over the past few years. Thought it might have been lack of drinking enough water. I use Eucerin hand cream when I can but the chapping and cracking continues.
Yeah, maybe I should have the doc take a look.

Old 11-30-2017 | 08:26 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Keep us posted!

Quick Reply: Heated Gloves