Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017 | 02:52 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Best and cheapest option, is to get mittens that have a zippered pouch in them, and use the "Hothands" disposable packets.
Amazon Amazon

Believe me, I ride all winter, even in snow. Nothing beats this method....

Old 11-27-2017 | 10:42 AM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by PeteF
I have Harley heated gloves (old style Gerbings) that I brought about eight years ago. They plug into the two dial controller, which I have wired into the bike's battery. The gloves are starting to not get as warm and the lifetime warranty is pretty much useless. I tried three name brands sold by Revzilla last year and none of them heated worth a darn. My wife uses the Cycle Gear brand with three settings that will cook your hands well done if you put them on high. I’ll go with the Cycle Gear gloves when mine finally quit. One sleeve on the wife’s Cycle Gear heated jacket quit working last year. She walked into the store and they replaced it on the spot no questions asked.
The lifetime warranty on my FXRG jacket was 'useless' until I found someone that knew what the deal was a few years ago. Almost no one that works in merchandising for Harley sticks around long enough to have sold products back in the day when HD backed up their BS.

Old 11-27-2017 | 11:03 AM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
I have never had a problem with my Gerbings heated liner and Gloves. But mine are the old version when Gordon made them.

Combined with my Heat Demons Heated grip inserts and Hand Grip Shields, nothing but warmth and protection!!! Even riding in the high teens tempature.

YB

WOW! Those hand guards are amazing! Are they Heat Demon or Custom??

Last edited by TORQUEY; 11-27-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-27-2017 | 05:36 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by TORQUEY
WOW! Those hand guards are amazing! Are they Heat Demon or Custom??

TORQUEY,

I sent you a PM.

YB

Old 11-27-2017 | 08:15 PM
EasternSP
|
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp

I ordered a set of the TourMaster heated gloves in size 3XL. They arrived today. I made the connection to the bike and tried them. Just a slight hint of warm in the garage with air temp about 55 after about 5 min with the bike (2016RGU) running about 2K RPMs and the thermostat turned all the way up. I know that at that heating level they won't be worth crap in 30 degree weather.
I don't get it. I can't be that unlucky to keep drawing the gloves that are flaws and don't heat.

Last edited by EasternSP; 11-27-2017 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-27-2017 | 09:11 PM
lmar
Extreme HDF Member

Yup, Gerbings here too.

Old 11-28-2017 | 12:09 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

My First Gear gloves will make my hands sweat at 28 degrees. Unfortunately I rode for a solid 8 hours in a driving rain, and although they still heat up just fine, the inner liner has never been the same.

Got a pair of Ken Phenix's gloves on the way. High hopes for those!

Old 11-28-2017 | 09:26 AM
EasternSP
|
Banned

Temps this morning were between 28 and 33 degrees. The Tourmaster gloves never got warm at all. I thought maybe they need to warm up for awhile. That didn't help. After 20 miles I stopped and put my wool lined, non-electric gloves on and my hands and fingers felt a little better.
These Tourmaster Synergy gloves are great for 60 degree weather but don't stand up to lower temps and loose out to non-electric wool lined gloves.

Old 11-28-2017 | 09:53 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by EasternSP
Temps this morning were between 28 and 33 degrees. The Tourmaster gloves never got warm at all. I thought maybe they need to warm up for awhile. That didn't help. After 20 miles I stopped and put my wool lined, non-electric gloves on and my hands and fingers felt a little better.
These Tourmaster Synergy gloves are great for 60 degree weather but don't stand up to lower temps and loose out to non-electric wool lined gloves.
Something has to be wrong.

Old 11-28-2017 | 10:27 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

I have had 3 pairs of Gerbing gloves (latest one is the hybred battery/wired pair) and 1 jacket liner and 1 pant liner. Every one of them worked perfectly. I ride all winter and am out for 8 hours on every Chicago toys for tots ride in December. I have never been able to set them on high yet. The battery part will last 4 hours on hi down to 8 hours on low setting. I also wear them while out using my snowblower.

The ONLY issue I have for any of the heated gear mfg's is the wiring of the gloves. They all wire the fingers along the sides of the fingers (where heat is not needed) instead or from the top to the bottom of the fingers (where heat is really needed - especially the finger tip pads). I also have had heated grips on 3 of my Harleys (with absolutely no problems) other then not heating the pads on my fingers due to long skinny fingers. I ride all winter, sometimes in the low teens, and have never been uncomfortable.

None of the gloves or grip setting have I been able to go past 3 on the controllers.

All of the gloves that just heat the back of the hand are worthless in my opinion - fingers need the heat more than the back of the hand.

The only heated gear I don't have are the sock liners. I use the chemically heated toe pads instead - good for 8 hours.

TIP: The "Use by date" is true. I had some pads a year or 2 out of date and they did not work. Buy fresh ones each year.

This Sunday (12-3-17) is the Toys 4 Tots parade in Chicago. The temps are going to be in the upper 40's and sunny = no heated gear necessary this year. Not looking forward to it since it will mean thousands more riders showing up. Good for the kids not good for me.

Quick Reply: Heated Gloves