2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017 | 12:45 PM
wndchsr2
Road Captain

These are older and no longer made but these are great for about four hours or so. I have heated grips now so I rarely use the heated gloves anymore as the heated grips are great. But before he heated grips I had these battery power heated gloves from Harley (Made by Gerbing I believe) and they did a good job of keeping my hands warm.

Old 11-01-2017 | 02:09 PM
red sport.
Tourer
Default Heated Gloves

I'm happy with 1st. gear heated Gloves & vest, I have it wired from a pig tail from Battery, Temperature control mounted on handle bar, 2 *****, 1 for gloves 1 for vest, run **** about 6 O'clock highest I've run is about 8 O'clock that is with a Harley Jacket over vest around 40°, plus I have hand wind shields mounted.
I've seen heated jacket at the dealer that is water prof or water resistant I liked don't know if jacket would work with 1st. gear plugs?

Old 11-01-2017 | 02:25 PM
firehawk6
Seasoned HDF Member

I've got a pair of Fly Ignitor battery powered gloves, did not want to be hard wired to the bike. They work great for me, trick is to let them warm up for 3-4 minutes before heading off. If you don't they can't seem to 'catch up' to any heat loss from the wind.

Old 11-01-2017 | 08:39 PM
rv7garage
Road Master

Gordon’s Heated gloves, hotter than HELL

Old 11-20-2017 | 07:27 AM
Idahokid
Road Master

I use California heating jacket and gloves.Ive only been in 36 degree weather and so far so good.And Gordon pant liner.12v

Old 11-20-2017 | 07:43 AM
rwven
Road Master

I've got a pair of Firstgear heated gloves and a TourMaster heated vest. I don't do any extended cold weather riding, mostly just back and forth to work, so I bought based on price. Tourmaster's vest comes with a dual controller so when I did the math it was the best bargain. The Firstgear gloves were the least expensive leather heated gloves I was able to find at the time. Both items worked well the few times I've used them, which was a few late winter day rides. My wife has used them for a group ride I host the end of April every year. Last year the temps on that ride were in the high 90s.......

The temp. for my 1/2 hour commute to work this morning was 32F. The heated grips were all I needed to keep my hands comfortable and a heavy Carhartt hoodie under my 3/4 length textile jacket kept the back of my neck warm.

Last edited by rwven; 11-20-2017 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-20-2017 | 10:34 AM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member

I used HD's electric gauntlet gloves in miserably cold weather on long rides... HD sells a set of glove liner gloves that you can wear inside of them (I think they are silk... like ski glove liners). That was the only electric stuff I had but I had a full face helmet (no fairing, etc.). I wasn't afraid to ride anywhere anytime except on snow/ice.

One thing I will say about HD heavier gloves... it is almost impossible to dependably use your fingers on the controls, gas pumps, etc.

Old 11-20-2017 | 11:25 AM
Grouser62
Road Master

I have wired Harley gauntlets made by Gerbings a few years ago. In near-freezing temps they don't make my hands feel warm, but what I would say is they keep my hands from feeling cold. That is all I expect at 70 mph and 32 degrees so I am perfectly happy.

Old 11-20-2017 | 04:20 PM
PeteF
Road Captain

Originally Posted by EasternSP
I've been up and down the street on this.
I've tried the battery operated gloves. Three different brands and all three are BS. They warm up a little bit when I don't have my hand in them but cool off when I put them on.??????
The heat by wire gloves. Really good when temps are in the 50s, but below that, the heat drops off pretty quick. 40 degree weather, I might as well not be wearing gloves at all. I currently have a set of Gerbing gloves that plug into a controller with the dial on it.
The heated hand grips are out of the question. Just not going to screw around with the aftermarkets that last a few weeks. Been down that road too.
I would like to find a good set of wired gloves that actually provide warmth down into the 20 degree range.
I have Harley heated gloves (old style Gerbings) that I brought about eight years ago. They plug into the two dial controller, which I have wired into the bike's battery. The gloves are starting to not get as warm and the lifetime warranty is pretty much useless. I tried three name brands sold by Revzilla last year and none of them heated worth a darn. My wife uses the Cycle Gear brand with three settings that will cook your hands well done if you put them on high. I’ll go with the Cycle Gear gloves when mine finally quit. One sleeve on the wife’s Cycle Gear heated jacket quit working last year. She walked into the store and they replaced it on the spot no questions asked.

Old 11-20-2017 | 08:02 PM
EasternSP
|
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp

I'll have to check out the cycle gear gloves. I'm surprised at how many guys have success with the battery operated gloves.

Quick Reply: Heated Gloves