2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to me Mustang super touring seat.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017 | 01:29 AM
kanelakos
Road Master

Thanks for the review JD. I just picked up an ultra and looking to get the same seat. I have heard with that seat and the (rushmore) saddlebags hit the seat a little when opening them. Can you confirm that? Also if it does hit, where? Does it hit on the widest part of the riders seat or does it his the passenger passenger seat? I need to change this stock seat asap. The mustang super tour seat will move me back at least 1.5" from the Ultra stock seating position. Thanks.

Old 07-07-2017 | 05:48 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

I have the Supertour 2 up on my 07, with the Pro circulator pad ,I can go long distance even with my arthritis and diabetes circulation issues...it prevents the swamp ***...
Only other one I would try would be the Road Sofa by Saddlemen.

Old 07-07-2017 | 05:59 AM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by kanelakos
Thanks for the review JD. I just picked up an ultra and looking to get the same seat. I have heard with that seat and the (rushmore) saddlebags hit the seat a little when opening them. Can you confirm that? Also if it does hit, where? Does it hit on the widest part of the riders seat or does it his the passenger passenger seat? I need to change this stock seat asap. The mustang super tour seat will move me back at least 1.5" from the Ultra stock seating position. Thanks.
I had a Super tour on my 14 Limited, don't remember the seat being rubbed at all by the lids, and it will definitely move you back a bit

Old 07-07-2017 | 06:10 AM
kanelakos
Road Master

Originally Posted by tpcowfish
I had a Super tour on my 14 Limited, don't remember the seat being rubbed at all by the lids, and it will definitely move you back a bit
"Had" ? Did you get rid of the seat? Good that it moves me back. What about up or down?

Old 07-07-2017 | 06:57 AM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior

I still have the seat, it was ok for me, but had pressure points on the back of my thigh's, In search of a better seat ,i got a Corbin dual tour. Everyone is different , with seat preference's, it may be a tad higher, than stock, because its a bit firmer, but nothing bad

Old 07-07-2017 | 02:07 PM
Jersey Drew
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by kanelakos
mine don't hit. but i can see if there was a passenger on it for a while and smashed the back seat down a bit how it could.

The following users liked this post:
kanelakos (07-08-2017)
Old 07-08-2017 | 08:30 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member

I've logged about 700 miles on mine since I got it, like you, I find it's better without the back rest. - so far so good.

My only complaint is that it soaked up water when riding in the rain, tried sealing the seams, but I road in the rain agin today, it was better but, it still got through. I need to get the rain cover for it.

Old 07-09-2017 | 04:23 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

The rain cover helps some.

Old 07-09-2017 | 12:04 PM
Jersey Drew
|
Road Warrior

Well i just did a 100 mile trip with the back rest and while the back rest keeps me from slouching so It makes my back feel much better but it is hot and sweaty in the small of your back. I guess is just my butt, at 85 miles I started feeling the uncomfortableness but this seat makes it better than the other one I've used. So overall I'm very pleased with the seat I wish it was farther back as stated because it does feel a little cramped. it does what it does and is pretty good seat overall. All that said I am not done on my seat quest.

Old 07-09-2017 | 12:23 PM
blackxpress
Road Master

I've got one on my RGU. My only complaint is it's a little too firm for my bony butt. It's real comfy for the first 100 miles or so and then I reach a point where I can't get comfortable no matter what I do. Been thinking about getting a sheepskin. Everybody I know that has one swears by it. Oh, and ditto on the water thing. Mine soaks up rainwater so if I get on the bike without my rain gear after it's been in the rain the seat of my pants get wet.

Quick Reply: new to me Mustang super touring seat.