Sponsored by:

Legend Revo question

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 06:55 PM
digdug
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Legend Revo question

Is anyone running the Legend Revo (not the Revo-A) on a SGS? Looks like they are about $200.00 cheaper than the Revo-A and trying to get some feedback from someone who has them.....thanks people

Old 06-26-2017, 09:33 PM
JAMESAK51
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I started with the Revo's on my 14 SG and they just weren't doing it for me. I talked numerous times with Jason at legend(great guy and great customer service) and he ended up sending me a set of Revo-A's and I loved them. My problem was my weight or should I say lack of. I'm only like 165 and the adjustable rebound made them work for me. If you're a bit heavier I would say the standard Revo's would by fine for you. Defininely get the 13" though, you'll be glad you did. You'll actually be able to get some sag with these, I couldn't with the stock shocks. The salesman measured mine with the 13" Revo's and an SG with stock 12" shocks, mine was only 1/4" higher and he was measuring from the groung to the bottom of the rear fender. Hope this helps!!
Jim

Old 06-27-2017, 02:06 AM
HarleyBP
Road Master
Received 101 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by JAMESAK51
I started with the Revo's on my 14 SG and they just weren't doing it for me. I talked numerous times with Jason at legend(great guy and great customer service) and he ended up sending me a set of Revo-A's and I loved them. My problem was my weight or should I say lack of. I'm only like 165 and the adjustable rebound made them work for me. If you're a bit heavier I would say the standard Revo's would by fine for you. Defininely get the 13" though, you'll be glad you did. You'll actually be able to get some sag with these, I couldn't with the stock shocks. The salesman measured mine with the 13" Revo's and an SG with stock 12" shocks, mine was only 1/4" higher and he was measuring from the groung to the bottom of the rear fender. Hope this helps!!
Jim
I weigh 160 and have the Revo-A's. my experience is similar although I didn't use the Revo's to compare. I also sit only 1/4" higher with the Legend 13" shocks. I've been riding recently with the rebound set on #3 and the shocks are working great for me. The difference for me over OEM was astounding. I don't understand why shocks like this don't come standard on the HD. The only issue I have now is with the fronts, and I'm planning to add the Legend Axeo suspension later this year.
IMHO the extra money for rebound adjustment is worth it and these Legend shocks do a great job. They are expensive, but the build quality is excellent.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:29 AM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Good info.Thinking about the Revo-A's myself

Old 06-27-2017, 09:59 AM
Ohio HD Guy
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Revo A's on my 15 CVO Road Glide. The rebound adjustment is well worth it. I ride two up a lot of the time and adjust for the difference in weight. The adjustment just gives you the ultimate ride. Once you dial in the shocks themselves, its very easy to adjust the rebound for one or two up riding.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:42 PM
digdug
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So why do they even make the standard Revo shock if everyone goes with the Revo A? Is it a total POS ? It must be good for some applications, correct?

Old 06-27-2017, 01:02 PM
rhuff
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,119 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by digdug
So why do they even make the standard Revo shock if everyone goes with the Revo A? Is it a total POS ? It must be good for some applications, correct?
I'm sure the standards are fine and a huge step up from stock shocks.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:03 PM
Ohio HD Guy
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Call Legend Customer Service, I've dealt with them, they are very helpful.

Why do they make the Revo... IMO, Price point. Revo A's allows you to fine tune your suspension

Product Description - Revo
  • Legend's touring specific spring rates produce superior ride quality and performance
  • REVO coils provide improved plush ride quality, control, and resistance to bottoming-out
  • REVO's extended coil length has larger "sweet spot" without increasing overall shock length
  • REVO's unique spring rate offers the ability to soften pre-load, reducing ride height and maintaining a smooth ride
  • Allows minimal pre-load adjustments when changing between riders' weights or loads
  • Adjusts by hand, no tools needed
  • Available in 12" and 13", standard or heavy-duty applications
  • Easy installation and alignment, provided by spherical bearings on both top and bottom
  • NOTE: Heavy Duty applications are recommended for 500lb. + rider and passenger total weight.
  • Backed by Lifetime Warranty
  • Made by hand in Sturgis, South Dakota, USA
Product Description - Revo A's
  • Legend's touring specific spring rates produce superior ride quality and performance
  • REVO coils provide improved plush ride quality, control, and resistance to bottoming-out
  • REVO's extended coil length has larger "sweet spot" without increasing overall shock length
  • REVO's unique spring rate offers the ability to soften pre-load, reducing ride height and maintaining a smooth ride
  • Allows minimal pre-load adjustments when changing between riders' weights or loads
  • Adjusts by hand, no tools needed
  • Available in 12" and 13", standard or heavy-duty applications
  • Easy installation and alignment, provided by spherical bearings on both top and bottom
  • All the benefits of the new REVO shocks above plus six external **** adjustments allow fine-tuning of rebound
  • Provides optimum rebound performance for any given rider weight, personal ride quality preference, or personal riding style
  • Light to heavy riders can fine-tune ride preference
  • Aggressive to casual riding styles can tune to desired quality or personal preference
  • NOTE: Heavy Duty applications are recommended for 500lb. + rider and passenger total weight.
  • Backed by Lifetime Warranty
  • Made by hand in Sturgis, South Dakota, USA

Old 06-27-2017, 02:43 PM
mskirwin
Club Member
Received 1,521 Likes on 1,146 Posts

I put the revo a's on the rear love the ride. Next up is the front coming this fall.

As you can see from my signature I haven't seen 165 in awhile. ��

Old 06-27-2017, 04:52 PM
duckbagger
Road Captain
Received 207 Likes on 120 Posts

Over/under 12 posts before someone tells you to buy Ohlins.

Quick Reply: Legend Revo question