Sponsored by:

Rear Headset Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 03:58 PM
Bubbak
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rear Headset Issues

I am having issues with my wifes passanger headset. It worked fine last season now it has to be turned up all the way and you hear the music track and no audio. Also the intercom, I can here her but she can not hear me. All setting are correct and volume is turned up. I switched helmets and the issue is the same so not helmet headset issues. I just had at the dealers and said it was fine got home and tried it and still not working correct. Anyone else having issues or suggestions for repair. My wife really the headset for music. Thanks Bob

Old 06-16-2017, 04:06 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,122 Likes on 7,340 Posts

Take a look at the VOX setting. I think that effects the volume.

Old 06-16-2017, 04:20 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

first off its Not the VOX - all that is for is to allow the mic to open ++++++ makes it easy to open AND wind noise can open --------- makes it harder to open - Meaning - the more - you have the more you have to push your voice to open.. IF YOU can hear your self - then the mic is open.

I had the same type of issue and this system is Goofy at best.. With out trying to sound difficult - get your manual out and Really understand it.. It took me awhile to figure out the difference in music volume and intercom volume..
Good luck

Old 06-16-2017, 04:20 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,956 Likes on 1,194 Posts

I am a little lost on your comment - you hear the music track but no audio. Are you saying you can her the music but, no voice?

Which bike are you riding -and what radio 4.3 or 6.5

Usually, this sounds like the vol control. They are very independent. You can hear her - but she can't hear you. Try this. Talk to her and while you are talking, have her raise the headset vol by hitting the vol button on her right hand side of the seat.

Another way to do this is by using the menu controls to turn up the rear vol. Boot the system, go to setup.

Let me know how this works out.

From setup, go to rider/passenger vol. Click on more. Look for passenger and turn the vol up.

I don't think vox affects the vol - rather, if effects when the intercom is activated. Too much vox and the wing or the radio might think you are trying to talk. To little and you have to talk loud to activate it.

Last edited by cycle7447; 06-16-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:21 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

when we ride - I usually keep the VOX screen up and keep in turned Down until we start to talk, then turn it up. Its pretty easy and fast - I found IF I keep it turned up all the time - WIND noise

Old 06-16-2017, 04:22 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

I had trouble with the wife's headset. After three visits finally got them to replace the unit

Old 06-16-2017, 04:56 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts

Most of these headset issues are caused by faulty connection where the cable connects to the headset itself. Try unplugging & then reconnecting the cord at the headset. It may also be a broken wire making intermittent contact, so try flexing the cable near each connector end to so if a change in operation can be observed. If yes, the cable needs to be replaced.

Old 06-16-2017, 04:58 PM
Bubbak
Tourer
Default headset

I have had the bike for 3 years now and know the settings on the system. All worked fine last fall. I switched headsets with both helmets and problem is the same. Thats right get the music tracks loud but no a real faint audio in back ground. I was just thinking I did a current software update last month could this couse problems with the audio?

Old 06-16-2017, 05:15 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubbak
I have had the bike for 3 years now and know the settings on the system. All worked fine last fall. I switched headsets with both helmets and problem is the same. Thats right get the music tracks loud but no a real faint audio in back ground. I was just thinking I did a current software update last month could this couse problems with the audio?
Huh?

The problem is what?

1) No volume on the headset plugged into the passenger jack but you have volume on that (same exact) headset when plugged into rider jack?

2) No volume on either headset when plugged into the passenger jack?

3) Volume OK for music but too low for intercom?

4) None of the above (please restate the problem).

Old 06-16-2017, 05:37 PM
Bubbak
Tourer

#1 and you get music volume. Hard to explain but you hear music but not the vocals.

Quick Reply: Rear Headset Issues