2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fatcat vs Rineharts True Duals (volume comparison)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Shane Grimstead
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default D&D Fatcat vs Rineharts True Duals (volume comparison)

Hey everyone. I'm posting this here as I'm having some trouble locating the info that I'm looking for.

I'm really looking for folks that have ridden bikes with these two setups, or very similar.

I'm interested in the Fatcat with the medium baffle.

When I first purchased my bike I installed the V&H Dresser Duals with the 4" Rinehart slip-ons with the hi-flow 2.5" baffles. I do like the sound of true duals. I also installed a Big Sucker and I'm using the FP3 for my tuning.

I'm looking to make a change more in the direction of performance and getting a little more low/mid range torque. I may add cams at some point too but just looking for the exhaust right now.

Now with my setup like it is, I'm perfectly fine with the volume. I'm looking for opinions for the volume comparison from my set-up to the Fatcat w/medium baffle.

Thanks!!

Old 06-12-2017, 11:32 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

good luck on your search - sound is so very subjective - what I Love you may hate.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:38 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

Love my D&D fatcat. Got a great deal on it but it came with the loud muffler and it was stupid loud, called D&D and got the quite muffler and is much better, can talk to the OL easily riding down the road and no problems hearing the radio.

Old 06-13-2017, 06:08 AM
BlueBeast
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

For the power you want and where you want it a 2-1 is the way to go. Like BadX mentioned, the fatcat is obnoxious loud ... I heard a couple in person. The Pro Pipe is my first 2-1 I ever had on a Harley and LOVE the sound and performance over anything I had in the past like true duals or power duals (which is really an X pipe). Mine with the standard baffle is a nice, deep and healthy sound ... but not obnoxious at all.

You have many choices for a 2-1 ... Fatcat, Pro Pipe, Thunderheader, RB racing LSR, Dragos, Rush, Rinehart, Bassani, Fuel Moto ... just to name a few. Start with some time on YT listening and also in person then go from there.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:14 AM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I have the perforated wrapped baffle on my D&D Boarzilla and am very happy with the deep, boomy tone. No issues with hearing the radio w/ stock speakers.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:41 AM
Shane Grimstead
Cruiser

Thank for the info guys!

This is what I was looking for. I'm gonna still look for someone who has the Fatcat with the Medium wrapped baffle or the "quiet (not so quiet)" louvered baffle.

My cousin has the Fatcat on a high compression radical 124 build on his 2007 SG, with the LOUD baffle... Hollychit it's insane loud. IMO that's not really a true representation of what the sound would be like on a stock 103 ya know...

That said, I do like loud and I do understand that exhaust terms are very subjective. I mean, my bike is not quiet by any means. It will bark with the best of them. It just doesn't drone or "rat out" at highway speeds. You can most definitely hear it on the highway, but it doesn't require ear plugs. That's kinda the comparison I was looking for and I think you guys have covered that pretty well.

I turned 40 this year so I'm by no means over the hill. I still want my bike loud but comfortable. Nothing ear splitting.

Thanks again!

Old 06-16-2017, 09:28 AM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane Grimstead
Thank for the info guys!

This is what I was looking for. I'm gonna still look for someone who has the Fatcat with the Medium wrapped baffle or the "quiet (not so quiet)" louvered baffle.

My cousin has the Fatcat on a high compression radical 124 build on his 2007 SG, with the LOUD baffle... Hollychit it's insane loud. IMO that's not really a true representation of what the sound would be like on a stock 103 ya know...

That said, I do like loud and I do understand that exhaust terms are very subjective. I mean, my bike is not quiet by any means. It will bark with the best of them. It just doesn't drone or "rat out" at highway speeds. You can most definitely hear it on the highway, but it doesn't require ear plugs. That's kinda the comparison I was looking for and I think you guys have covered that pretty well.

I turned 40 this year so I'm by no means over the hill. I still want my bike loud but comfortable. Nothing ear splitting.

Thanks again!

What are the specs on your cousins build? He should be running the Boarzilla, not the Fatcat on a 124"

Some videos of pipes online don't really do any justice, but I took one of my bike that sounds very accurate IMO. I can text it to you if you'd like.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:32 AM
Beak
Road Master
Received 285 Likes on 132 Posts

Be aware that mods you do will influence the way the exhaust sounds. Higher compression and cams with different overlaps will all effect the sound. Having gone through 3 different builds, they all sounded louder than the same exhaust on a stock motor. Not so much at idle....but at different rpms. Which was a good thing for me...maybe not so much for someone else.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:34 PM
15_MG_SG
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the same setup Boarzilla with perforated wrapped baffle sounds good but I might switch over to the unwrapped baffle.

I know the Boarzilla is too large for a 103 but I am thinking ahead for the 124 motor.

Originally Posted by Echo6 Sierra
I have the perforated wrapped baffle on my D&D Boarzilla and am very happy with the deep, boomy tone. No issues with hearing the radio w/ stock speakers.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:30 PM
Shane Grimstead
Cruiser

Thanks for all the help! I ended up just pulling the trigger... Chrome with the wrapped perforated baffle. I'm pretty stoked about it. Waiting on the UPS man now... lol Should be here Monday. I'll post a video and some pics.

Thx again!
Shane

Quick Reply: D&D Fatcat vs Rineharts True Duals (volume comparison)